Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #631
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Finally got mine open and she turned out great--except for the bit of broken hair on the regular HS. It must have happened before they packaged it up because I couldn't find the piece anywhere in the box.

I put in a request for a replacement head.
Sometimes I wonder what happens to the worker if they break a piece during packaging.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #632
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Sometimes I wonder what happens to the worker if they break a piece during packaging.

Many still need to lower their expectations of the Chinese culture of manufacturing.

I can answer it for you:
They package it right up without anyone giving a 2nd thought hoping no one notices and knowing if someone does notice it isn't important to them anyway, management included. In China the more you want something produced as it is supposed to be the more you pay and even then it's a frustrating endless game of whack a mole.

These things are not to them what they are to us.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #633
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Many still need to lower their expectations of the Chinese culture of manufacturing.

I can answer it for you:
They package it right up without anyone giving a 2nd thought hoping no one notices and knowing if someone does notice it isn't important to them anyway, management included. In China the more you want something produced as it is supposed to be the more you pay and even then it's a frustrating endless game of whack a mole.

These things are not to them what they are to us.
That applies to manufacturing worldwide....trust me! If you think the guys building your Ferrari's or M3 BMW's can afford to buy and own one, think again....this detachment from ownership can lead to all kinds of negative emotions that affect the level of "care" these people put into their work.
Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #634
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

My Ex waitlist is converting....and I think I'm going to cancel. It happened too fast, and I am already running out of space. Depressing.

*Actually just found out they will not apply RP to waitlisted items when they convert, so I guess this statue was never really an option for me.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #635
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
My Ex waitlist is converting....and I think I'm going to cancel. It happened too fast, and I am already running out of space. Depressing.

*Actually just found out they will not apply RP to waitlisted items when they convert, so I guess this statue was never really an option for me.
I dithered on Captain Marvel, had it on pre order, and then pulled out before the first payment. I regret that now, it's a nice piece by all accounts, and has increased in value on the pre owned market.....

If I were you, I would seriously consider if you want to miss this piece. With SS, never take a good piece for granted.....
Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #636
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I dithered on Captain Marvel, had it on pre order, and then pulled out before the first payment. I regret that now, it's a nice piece by all accounts, and has increased in value on the pre owned market.....

If I were you, I would seriously consider if you want to miss this piece. With SS, never take a good piece for granted.....
I'm on the border, but I have $400 in reward points with another $400 pending. I honestly think I will run out of space before being able to use any of it. First world problems.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #637
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

These pieces are a lot of money these days to be on the fence. Cancel and maybe give that next person on the waitlist a chance if they like it more than you?

Good luck!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #638
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I let it convert. I’m just bummed I still have RP with no idea what to use it on. I guess now I have more.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:30 AM   #639
mars
The Spirit

Finally got a chance to take some semi-decent shots of the Rebel Terminator if you would like to have a look at them you will find them HERE
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:23 AM   #640
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Finally got mine open and she turned out great--except for the bit of broken hair on the regular HS. It must have happened before they packaged it up because I couldn't find the piece anywhere in the box.

I put in a request for a replacement head.
You can see the gap between the skin and the shirt, given it's not as bad as the boxing video showed it to be... but it's defiantly there.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote