Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #641
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJON View Post
Sorry mate but i have to disagree with you, in my opinion, they have done nothing. They have known that DM was nothing but a con man for THREE years, and has been cheating people through Scamco for the last TWO years, so informing ONE person that asked that they won't have any more contracts with them, for me this is absolutely nothing. Let's say you was world famous and you knew about this rogue openly cheating your own fans, would you honestly think ignoring it for three years was good enough, followed by telling one fan? For me what they have done is laughable, and Warner's in-action is a disgrace, the fans are being openly cheated and they do nothing, trust me if Warner was losing out financially they would act, but when it's not them just their own fans then fu*k it. In my opinion Warner, Disney etc have an obligation to protect their own fans from rogues like DM. Because they have acted without informing collectors or without making any official statements DM can simply move on to another license and carry on what he's been doing for many years now, with collectors that either don't visit these forums or are choosing to simply ignore it carrying on buying fake products from DM and helping support him and his criminal activities, but one, just ONE official statement from either would send a clear message to all collectors to stay the hell from this low life, I have met many men like DM on my travels and this is how they continue to operate and cheat people. Remember he started his conning around 2002-4 and in that time he has managed to cheat, WWF, Michael Schumacher, Microsoft, Marvel, Techmo, Warner, PBM, F4F, Frank Sinatra (attempted) and this is only the ones we know about, then theirs Alan Green and the artists, myself, Olivier, Chris and Erick and also all the collectors. Now think at what action all the artists and collectors have done so far, we’ve posted on forums, emailed distributers, licensors, online shops, online gaming websites, Facebook etc, reported him to the police and made statements, now look at what all the big multinational, multi million pound companies have done, so far....................................sorry but in my opinion, it’s not good enough, it’s time he was stopped once and for all!
yes they haven't done enough, and should do more i agree. i feel as they should do more to put him and all his minions out of business once and for all. and yes all the artists and collectors and fans have probably done more to expose them. but that is what more than likely swayed them to cut all ties with them. and take away their Marvel license. thats something. they took away the license that scumco so desperately wanted. im not sure if you realize that Dm wasn't working alone on the Marvel license. if marvel knew about DM and DM knew that Marvel knew about his crookedness. i have a feeling it wasn't DM who contacted them to acquire the license in the first place. im pretty sure it was someone by the name of Abdel who acquired the license.. after all. the marvel license was supposed to be for syco middle east. and from what Abdinggle was spewing and bragging about at the CH is that scumco ME was an entirely different company (yeah BS we all knew better) that he was in charge of. he admitted that to Eric Sosa. so im pretty sure he was the one who contacted Marvel about acquiring the license. it would make sense.
with Marvel taking away the license is something man. its not nothing. so you would rather have seen Marvel do nothing and let scumco & Abdel get to keep the Marvel license? i dont think thats what you would want to see happen man.
like i said i agree Marvel and WB should do more and try to put them out of business once and for all. but at least this is a step in the right direction. all we can hope for is that this will lead to more actions taken against them by marvel and WB. and as long as crooked practices are brought to their attention. the better the chances are for that happening. at least i would hope. i can understand why you disagree with me. for i understand where your coming from and that you were effected first hand personally by DM. but them loosing the license is a small victory in the larger on going war against them my friend
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #642
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Nearly 3 years later Liu Kang materializes. I guess this places the Shao Kahn bust and Noob for a firm 2016 release.

yeah after he announces another dozen or so statues on pre-order so he can get enough money to make the ones that are still waiting to get made. or pay some of the factories in china that he owes money too.
and from what i remember is that they said the Liu Kang was on delay due to WB not liking or not approving the statue for how it looked or something. but it looks exactly the same as it did when it was first revealed. doesn't it?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #643
damienjakk
Sailor Moon

Everyone is responding negatively to the update post and pics by asking where is the Noob Saibot statue that got delayed back in August.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #644
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Huh? I thought they werent allowed to use the dragon logo anymore.
Jerry - can you send these photos to WB and see if they approved the dragon logo.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #645
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Still think that Scorpion looks great.....sigh.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #646
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I plan to buy the scorpion 18". Yes I feel its morally wrong to support a company that's doing some real shady $h!t, but sometimes you need to weigh your options. If I pass this statue up, I know ill regret it later on down the road. Same goes for the sub-zero fatality 18' statue. Its a must buy for me. Normally id be with you guys and say hell no. But for these two statues, I have an emotional bond. And that takes priority.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #647
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'm hoping i can pick one up from an ebay seller rather than direct from Syco.......will have to wait and see...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #648
damienjakk
Sailor Moon

I was all for the Sub Zero fatality statue to compliment my PCS Scorpion, but Jerry confirmed that an MK9 Sub Zero is one of the statues definitely coming out despite the MK9 line being canned, so I'm going with his easily.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #649
jedideni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

jedideni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #650
damienjakk
Sailor Moon

"Syco Collectibles' wants to make sure that you know that we are taking care of your situation and that your messages are not being ignored. We completely understand your anger and frustration concerning the ongoing delays and we sincerely apologize for this situation. It is an unfortunate issue that has been out of our hands and out of our control. CEO Jonathan apologizes for the huge inconvenience that this has caused. We are working hard to deliver all of your pending orders asap. Updates incoming."