Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 03-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #641
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfridaythe13th View Post
yeah, but i have a feeling the price could be lower and they can still make profit. i think they have the price this high since everyone here was all begging for it. and now that they're selling out. yall are giving them the power to over price all the kits. don't you see the other kits on their site only at $159?
Trust me man, just the cost of producing a 6 pound monster like Sagat, I doubt you will find any model kit producer that would sell it for $159 licensed...the guy stands 15" tall plus a huge base and fireball ( s) plus we pay an engineer to cut the 3-D model, and still have to pay a hefty price in 3-D resin for our own printer to print, so yes there's extra costs involved, the box, decals etc.
Unless we were mass producing these it make no sense to lower the price.
These are produced 100% in the U.S.A. plus we have to pay royalties. If you think anyone is giving us power to overprice you are a bit mistaken
Yes the other kits on our site are $159, but Space Host for example only weighs like 3 pounds, half of what Sagat and Ryu weigh, plus she is my creation so I pay no royalties to anyone on her, or the turtle
Hope that clears things in regards to the cost, obviously women will be cheaper, as they are smaller, but they will be a bit higher than our Space Host due to Royalties involved.
Thank you,
-E

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 03-15-2013 at 03:55 PM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #642
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfridaythe13th View Post
ok. i just saw the ryu on the website. it looks awesome, but i think it's overpriced for a unpainted model kit. $220.. anyone else think so? if it was 1/4 scale then yeah.
1/4th scale licensed..impossible
Old 03-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #643
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!! Just made my weekend!! I got one!!!! I love this hobby and I love PrototypeZ even more and I love Street Fighter even more!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #644
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
1/4th scale licensed..impossible
Such a tease
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #645
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_spidey View Post
Such a tease
Old 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #646
Midnitesuby
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Great post. I especially like the part of ..produced 100% in the U.S.A. It's always nice learning about the behind the scene details.

Quote:
Trust me man, just the cost of producing a 6 pound monster like Sagat, I doubt you will find any model kit producer that would sell it for $159 licensed...the guy stands 15" tall plus a huge base and fireball ( s) plus we pay an engineer to cut the 3-D model, and still have to pay a hefty price in 3-D resin for our own printer to print, so yes there's extra costs involved, the box, decals etc.
unless we were mass producing these make no sense.
These are produced 100% in the U.S.A. plus we have to pay royalties. If you think anyone is giving us power to overprice you are a bit mistaken
Yes the other kits on our site are $159, but Space Host for example only weighs like 3 pounds, half of what Sagat and Ryu weigh, plus she is my creation so I pay no royalties to anyone on her, or the turtle
Hope that clears things in regards to the cost, obviously women will be cheaper, as they are smaller, but they will be a bit higher than our Space Host due to Royalties involved.
Thank you,
-E
Midnitesuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #647
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

so is ryu sold out for the time being?
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #648
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I missed out cause of a work project, I is sad. I wish the preorder dates were on the weekend for the future instead of a weekday. When's the next batch going up for preorder?
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #649
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Unless we were mass producing these it make no sense to lower the price.
These are produced 100% in the U.S.A.
A six pound, 1/6 scale, licenced statue made in the US....nothing comes close...Sagat is clearly a dark horse.. great post
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #650
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Erick when will you announce the DBZ licence? You know you just have to make these characters^^

Given that your kits are made in the us, I think the price is really fair. A good time to be a statue collector and a SF fan
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote