Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-17-2023, 10:45 AM   #641
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
they made this one, and this one kicks ass:

That one's good, and I almost bought it, but the style doesn't quite match the 2.0 Superman and WW. And I already have the OG Sideshow Modern Age, which is almost exactly that same pose.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 11:58 AM   #642
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I just decided I'm going to hold out hope that this piece WILL come with the classic swap outs and they're trying to keep it a surprise. Come on TW.
If that happens I am all in.
Tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 12:18 PM   #643
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
What the F*&%?! Now i'm just pissed. Apparently TH have completely screwed the pooch on this piece.

Why does it seem so hard for ANY company to make a really good Batman? Maybe because he's so popular these companies continually overthink it, and in a genuine attempt to make a good Batman they can't just let it happen.
Crazy conspiracy theory: all the companies have an agreement that they won't make the definitive Batman, so that they will all profit from making countless batmans in the future, for the rest of time! Evil laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Maybe it didn't get approved?
Igo would have said this if it were true. They just decided to change it, his reply in a previous post says it was Chad's new design or something
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 12:25 PM   #644
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Igo would have said this if it were true. They just decided to change it, his reply in a previous post says it was Chad's new design or something
That was all about the redesigned pose. I never saw anything about an oval chest emblem and capsule design utility belt (unless I missed it).
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 12:50 PM   #645
Mister H
Ultimates

It’s a nice piece and I like it. Nice and like don’t equal the $400 - $500 price tag though. I’ll do like Igo suggested and wait a couple years for another one.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 12:56 PM   #646
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
this picture is better, but this piece has a really different feel compared to others in the line. I'm not saying it's a cheap sculpt, or poorly made, but it just has a feel of being something that Diamond Select would sell in their Premier Collection. I think it's the art direction. It just has a a feel of trying to be a little adventurous while paying it very safe giving us a final product that just falls flat. Feels like a DC Direct piece, not a Tweeterhead 2.0 like Superman.
What I initially thought when seeing it. The Superman 2.0 seemed like a big step up from the Super Powers version. This does not have that leap (and frankly, the Super Powers version is better IMO).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 01:03 PM   #647
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
That was all about the redesigned pose. I never saw anything about an oval chest emblem and capsule design utility belt (unless I missed it).
Oh right I think I was talking about the pose too, got confused

I don't see why WB wouldn't approve that but who knows
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 01:30 PM   #648
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
What the F*&%?! Now i'm just pissed. Apparently TH have completely screwed the pooch on this piece.

Why does it seem so hard for ANY company to make a really good Batman? Maybe because he's so popular these companies continually overthink it, and in a genuine attempt to make a good Batman they can't just let it happen.
They didn't twist the knife enough when they ruined the design, so they thought hey let's take away the swap outs as well?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:20 PM   #649
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
they made this one, and this one kicks ass:

That's what I said although I would prefer both legs to be straight without raising the right knee and a more natural looking cape. Other than that it is the best Batman statue coming out from TH to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
It’s a nice piece and I like it. Nice and like don’t equal the $400 - $500 price tag though. I’ll do like Igo suggested and wait a couple years for another one.
Smart move. I will do the same.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:30 PM   #650
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Notice they did make swap out torsos and belts

Attachment 163518
Notice that that second torso is blurred out, too?

Interesting...
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote