Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-08-2023, 04:20 PM   #651
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
Spec fiction is a trash place to do business with. On March 10 I asked when the sculpted hair version would arrive and he said 4 weeks. I just sent him $900 for the inart joker 2 pack and the invoice said shipping on or before July 7. It?s July 8 and nothing.
I will forever tell people to avoid their garbage and to buy elsewhere.
I need to find a way to get my money back as well as my NRD as I feel like I?ve been scammed.
Lol do you overreact often?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 07:46 PM   #652
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Lol do you overreact often?
They have $1,000 for inart joker and the queen 1/4 has been paid for a year and a half. When it comes to money you?re damn right I?ll overreact.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 07:51 PM   #653
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Harsh words..
I have dealt twice with Spec Fiction Shop, and they seem fine. Very good customer service.
I guess there are times when certain situations are out of their hands. I am sure when the stock arrives they will ship it out.
I would use Spec again
True, but then again they said 4 weeks for the queen joker, and that was 4 months ago, so my trust in them is 0%.
But, like any company, people have good experiences and bad experiences. I?m glad you?ve had good experiences with them.
Old 07-08-2023, 07:57 PM   #654
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Not to diminish your feelings...... But it's only a day late so far, and given the US holiday, I would expect it to process and ship even later.

I received my rooted two pack two weeks ago from Sugo, and other than taking out the two containers with the heads, I haven't had the chance to unbox mine yet, as I'm currently in the process of moving pieces around to make space.
True, but when people say something I hold them to it. But sometimes sideshow will take payment and ship it out in a few days. Sometimes their emails say within 10 days and usually it?s 2-4 days. So I?ll give spec until July 17 for the inart joker before asking for refund on that and this queen 1/4 that doesn?t seem to exist. I have 4 preorders with them and I?ll just have to eat the NRD on them and just never get those items.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:43 PM   #655
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
True, but when people say something I hold them to it. But sometimes sideshow will take payment and ship it out in a few days. Sometimes their emails say within 10 days and usually it?s 2-4 days. So I?ll give spec until July 17 for the inart joker before asking for refund on that and this queen 1/4 that doesn?t seem to exist. I have 4 preorders with them and I?ll just have to eat the NRD on them and just never get those items.
There's a reason why out of the dozens of retailers out there, when it comes to customer service in this hobby, that it's Sideshow that consistently gets mentioned. No other retailer comes close.

So, if that's your standard, other such retailers will often disappoint you from time to time.

And unless you're just collecting Sideshow manufactured pieces none of the other manufacturers, again, consistently meet their production to shipping windows. And if you're a retailer like Spec, who are importing pieces, until the point that they've actually been told that it's getting ready to get loaded from the factory for shipping, their true knowledge of when pieces are going to arrive, is unfortunately rather thin, and that's if they tell the retailer the truth in the first place.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 09:26 PM   #656
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastifer View Post
Yes, lips added with Apoxie Sculpt, chin and eyebrow area removed with various devices.
The lost micro structure on the skin can be replaced with carefully stippling the "white" skin paint

Another view, i think it looks a wee bit more dynamic:

looks amazing. I'm definitely jealous. I feel I didn't get my money's worth with the Artist version and it's not worth it to me to get is customized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
There's a reason why out of the dozens of retailers out there, when it comes to customer service in this hobby, that it's Sideshow that consistently gets mentioned. No other retailer comes close.

So, if that's your standard, other such retailers will often disappoint you from time to time.

And unless you're just collecting Sideshow manufactured pieces none of the other manufacturers, again, consistently meet their production to shipping windows. And if you're a retailer like Spec, who are importing pieces, until the point that they've actually been told that it's getting ready to get loaded from the factory for shipping, their true knowledge of when pieces are going to arrive, is unfortunately rather thin, and that's if they tell the retailer the truth in the first place.
Yep, for as much hate as SS has gotten in the past, their CS has always been A+ for me over the last 15 years of collecting. I have bad things to say about both Spec and SC, but sometimes they are the only options, so you either risk it or don't lol.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 04:22 PM   #657
ShadowGuardian
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Damn, the regular version of this piece STILL hasn't shipped from Spec??

Glad I cancelled it 2 months ago when I did. I thought Spec has a good reputation but something has been up with this particular item.
ShadowGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 07:32 PM   #658
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuardian View Post

Glad I cancelled it 2 months ago when I did. I thought Spec has a good reputation but something has been up with this particular item.
Spec gets at least half of the Queen pieces far later than my local store Sugo here in Australia, but the other half pretty much arrives in the same shipping window. Whoever their contact is, just must get lower priority than Sugo’s; but then again other US retailers aren’t that much better anyway.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:18 AM   #659
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post

Yep, for as much hate as SS has gotten in the past, their CS has always been A+ for me over the last 15 years of collecting. I have bad things to say about both Spec and SC, but sometimes they are the only options, so you either risk it or don't lol.
Many people don't care for SS customer service either. I have had good and bad experiences with pretty much all of the main retailers.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:21 AM   #660
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuardian View Post

Whenever Queen finally decides to ship them to Spec should have nothing to do with Spec's "reputation".
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote