Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #651
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Unfortunately it appears that Sabertooth & Rogue may not get produced due to low collector demand. With that being said I would like to ask SF members, would you be willing to pay a higher price to own these pieces if they ended up being a kotous website exclusive? No guarantees this can happen but we're exploring all our options at this point.
So this is the end of the Danger Room line? I'm relieved as well that I only invested in Psylocke. I thought this was a very promising line for Koto until all the uncertainties came out as to which ones will actually get made. Really unfortunate.

That said, I'm worried about the future of Marvel bishoujo's. Gonk, can you tell us if this line will continue? I'm not a big fan of prematurely cancelling a line of statues. I'd sell my bishoujo's now if the same fate will befall this line and some already solicited statues get cancelled.
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #652
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
So this is the end of the Danger Room line? I'm relieved as well that I only invested in Psylocke. I thought this was a very promising line for Koto until all the uncertainties came out as to which ones will actually get made. Really unfortunate.

That said, I'm worried about the future of Marvel bishoujo's. Gonk, can you tell us if this line will continue? I'm not a big fan of prematurely cancelling a line of statues. I'd sell my bishoujo's now if the same fate will befall this line and some already solicited statues get cancelled.
Actually nothing could be further from the truth. Our Bishoujo line is red-hot and we have plenty of Marvel ladies on board for this year and next. As for our Marvel Fine Art Statues, the next scheduled project just happens to take place in the Danger Room ...

Last edited by gonk; 03-21-2011 at 03:25 AM.
gonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #653
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I know the Maskless Wolverine is up for auction , but will it ever be released as a con exclusive or ever at all??? Its my favorite costume and I know its out there, in a warehouse and I just cant get my grubby little hands on it...LOL
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #654
PMACK

Quote:
Unfortunately it appears that Sabertooth & Rogue may not get produced due to low collector demand. With that being said I would like to ask SF members, would you be willing to pay a higher price to own these pieces if they ended up being a kotous website exclusive? No guarantees this can happen but we're exploring all our options at this point.
Extremely disappointed about this was so pumped about this line
At least I know the pf rogue wont be canceled!
PMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #655
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Are there any ways for you guys to get 'probable' sale reports on WIP statues, before they go into production, to spare future upset for consumers who have invested into what appears to be a solid line?

I would really like to know are there any ways for you to futureproof any possible upset to consumers in the future, after teasing a fully completed 'amazing' prototype like Sabertooth and Rogue.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #656
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
what the ... ? NO!!!! I been waiting for this Sabertooth for a long time. How much increase are we talking about here?
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #657
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Actually nothing could be farther from the truth. Our Bishoujo line is red-hot and we have plenty of Marvel ladies on board for this year and next.

Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #658
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Oh man, this is terrible news, I was really looking forward to Rogue. Sabretooth not so much, but Koto's Rogue was looking to be something special. I really hope at least a limited run gets produced.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #659
PMACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Oh man, this is terrible news, I was really looking forward to Rogue. Sabretooth not so much, but Koto's Rogue was looking to be something special. I really hope at least a limited run gets produced.
Same here man. Theres an empty spot next to psylocke that only the koto rogue can fill! How much Extra would it be?
PMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #660
Caveman
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Was there a survery or something that resulted in this decision? I am extremely disapponinted...The Jim Lee line is by far the coolest and most promising line EVER. So to kick off this line we have a poor QC Physlocke, a non matching based Yellow Wolverine, followed by withdrawing the Brown Wolverine and Archangel, and now saying there is "lack of demand" hence no Rogue???

I for one will never pay higher price...simply based on all the BS.

For a fan to committ to a line, I'd expect the company to committ to it first.
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote