Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-13-2023, 01:48 PM   #6691
Jungle Demon
Hydra

I heard that Prime 1 doesn't sent replacement anymore. They don't have parts. They only fix it or do refunds.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:52 PM   #6692
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I heard that Prime 1 doesn't sent replacement anymore. They don't have parts. They only fix it or do refunds.
I'm familiar enough with Prime 1's brand of "fixing" things. Like the god-awful splotchy paint they applied to the flaked parts of the 1/4 JH and CH statues.

For repairs, you want one-on-one attention from someone who has the time and focus. I don't think you'll get that from a manufacturer, least of all Prime 1.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:58 PM   #6693
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
They snatched it from the desk, the man was not ready fixing it yet. it is only (re)pinned, LoL that they didn't (want to) see that. Prime is bit of a joke.

Indeed don't return FS because you won't get better one. You are right, demand good replacement head only. Goodluck with this!

Prime customer 'service' did not want to help neither when i had unforeseen problem with my retailer. They are strict and only want to (try) help if you bought directly.
Agree, I'd be stupid AF if I opted for a full replacement, wait 6 months plus and get another random breakage or QC issue lol
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 02:20 PM   #6694
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
The retailer did say prime 1 would 'inspect' it and decide which option (fix or replacement) is better (obviously they would pick the cheaper option and slap a quick fix).

I did give prime 1 the benefit of doubt but man, the poor attempt really begs belief. Prior to sending it back it was a clean break with a tad little resin gone. Super glued it and it held up very well. I thought prime would just add some mould and repaint, reseal. Seems like they broke it off and made it worse by inserting a flimsy little pin.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:03 PM   #6695
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

My Predator still hasn't shipped and I've paid the rest of the money a week ago... So frustrating.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:10 PM   #6696
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
My Predator still hasn't shipped and I've paid the rest of the money a week ago... So frustrating.
Who did you order it from?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:19 PM   #6697
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Local store.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:28 PM   #6698
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
The retailer did say prime 1 would 'inspect' it and decide which option (fix or replacement) is better (obviously they would pick the cheaper option and slap a quick fix).

I did give prime 1 the benefit of doubt but man, the poor attempt really begs belief. Prior to sending it back it was a clean break with a tad little resin gone. Super glued it and it held up very well. I thought prime would just add some mould and repaint, reseal. Seems like they broke it off and made it worse by inserting a flimsy little pin.
At least now I know if something happen to mine I will accept some refund and fix it by myself.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 07:27 PM   #6699
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
At least now I know if something happen to mine I will accept some refund and fix it by myself.
Fingers crossed yours turns out fine. I wasn't offered partial refund, only return in full and full refund.

My retailer may order a new statue and I can get the replacement head from that one. Though I've asked that I would need to inspect it first and if satisfied, do the swap. Waiting to hear back if a ok from them, last thing I want is to return this head and get one in even worse condition. Also saves me a trip, I've wasted enough time going back and forth to them.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:45 PM   #6700
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Fingers crossed yours turns out fine. I wasn't offered partial refund, only return in full and full refund.

My retailer may order a new statue and I can get the replacement head from that one. Though I've asked that I would need to inspect it first and if satisfied, do the swap. Waiting to hear back if a ok from them, last thing I want is to return this head and get one in even worse condition. Also saves me a trip, I've wasted enough time going back and forth to them.
Sorry to hear man.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote