Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #671
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You, I and others here that are more plugged into this sort of material may understand this but not every average movie goer will.

To be clear I've liked all the trailers so far but as a fan of film scores in general I will always favor hearing something dramatic and original in a trailer vs any type of established pop/rock music. Especially when that music is being applied to otherworldly material such as this. Not saying it doesn't work sometimes, I just don't like it as much myself.
Right, I completely understand preferring certain trailers over others. What I don't get is allowing an advertisement that is clearly aimed at a wider audience to affect one's decision to not see a movie. Especially for people who are already fans of these kinds of movies, are aware of the source material, and are a part of a community such as this discussion forum. Just has a very hipster vibe to that mentality.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #672
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sometimes a trailer is just a trailer.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #673
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I was personally looking forward to this movie before seeing the initial trailer.. the thing that turned me off wasn't the talking raccoon or talking tree but the main character.. I couldn't stomache how cheesy his lines were. I've heard from people who have read the comics that the character is like this in the comics as well which is cool that they are staying true to form. With that said I hope the movie does well and that it leads to other lesser known comic characters getting cinema adaptations.
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #674
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
I was personally looking forward to this movie before seeing the initial trailer.. the thing that turned me off wasn't the talking raccoon or talking tree but the main character.. I couldn't stomache how cheesy his lines were. I've heard from people who have read the comics that the character is like this in the comics as well which is cool that they are staying true to form. With that said I hope the movie does well and that it leads to other lesser known comic characters getting cinema adaptations.
While I personally found Chris Pratt entertaining in the trailers and I look forward to his performance, this reasoning at least makes sense. It's an element of the movie that isn't likely to change given what a person can see from the trailers. If something like that isn't for you it just isn't for you.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #675
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I found this to be the worst trailer so far to be honest, the others gave it a much needed injection of fun, considering the subject matter trying to play this off as seriously as this new trailer does is just silly. but reading the response I guess as usual i'm alone in my opinion, apparently adding dramatic music to a background trumps the fact that 2 of the stars are a talking raccoon and a giant tree monster
I've enjoyed all of the GOTG trailers including this one, but other than that, pretty much as usual, I agree with you.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #676
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I've had the exact opposite experience. I've seen the trailer theatrically a few times with different friends and family, and 5 of 5 have said they were interested in seeing the movie. What I find amusing is that those claiming they were "put off" by the lighthearted tone of the first few trailers should know better than to assume the movie is going to just be some silly comedy. If it isn't evident enough from what is shown in the trailers (which I think is painfully obvious that it isn't), Marvel's track record should be enough reassurance that they will treat the property right.

It's a trailer. They don't define the movie. I don't need a new trailer with a serious musical score to tell me that this movie will be epic in scope with the appropriate amount of drama.
I agree with you. I've loved all of the GOTG trailers. 70's rock, and soundtrack alike...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #677
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

New images
http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-t...image-gallery/
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #678
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #679
Spideristic
Kingpin

Star Wars (Guardians of the Galaxy Style!) - YouTube
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:32 AM   #680
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Nathan Fillion cameo confirmed by director.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/nathan...-of-the-galaxy
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote