Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #681
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I think those that prefer figures, dolls whatever only do so cause they just think they look better a lot of the time than the statue alternative.
If that were true Hot Toys would still be making the great statues and dioramas they use to make. However, people just prefer dolls to statues, because there is more demand for them than statues.
Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #682
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Darkgod, I'm not sure who you're talking about. I don't know any collectors that "play" with these things. They'll pose them a bit and figure out how they want to display them, but after that, it's just for looking at. I personally take it out of the box, and slap them on the stand. Done.
Yeah that is what I do to but I have friends inside this community that cant wait to show me their new pose of what new accessories they got so they can pose the figure in a different way.

It is not a bad thing, I just prefer not pose things things because I find it a boring thing to do, which is why I prefer statues, but each to their own. So I am going to have a lot of trouble with this Joker because it is going to require great skill and patience to make this figure look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
Yeah I'm in the same boat
So am I, but many, if not most are not.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #683
antnie
I am da law!

So you are going to criticize me because I run around in my backyard playing with my figures?
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #684
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
Yes!

That's the truth, people. EB dolls> SS PF dolls!
I will even change my signature bellow my avatar!
The day SS release ANYTHING with this level of realism then I may change my sig back...
I couldn't agree more, while I do not like the idea of dolls, I just like your signature because it is like it is saying in your face for people that criticize me for what I collect!

Quote:

Talk to us in 6 months and you shall see. These will sell out EASYLY, trust me.
Yes they sure will, which is why I am buying them now because I do not want to pay over 1k for one later on. Hot Toys rarely get to the point of reaching 1 k but these 1/4 scale figures will.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #685
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnie View Post
So you are going to criticize me because I run around in my backyard playing with my figures?
Are you serious?

Well if you are serious, I do not criticize anyone for what they do, if you want to play with dolls that is fine. I just do not like it how really good companies with talented artist only produce dolls and not statues, like they use to.

Not saying statues are better but I just prefer them because in the end everything we collect are toys in one shape or form, be it statue or doll. Something I have just come to realize.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #686
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Yes!

That's the truth, people. EB dolls> SS PF dolls!
I will even change my signature bellow my avatar!
The day SS release ANYTHING with this level of realism then I may change my sig back...
If the SS Hulk maquette turns out to be better than Hot Toys Hulk in terms of paint job and realism then I want you to live up to your promise!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #687
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
They sent emails saying that could be earlier...I'm selling some things too..I have some ARH pieces I need to unload, are you interested in some?
F arh. Lol
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #688
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

A few more pics for all you guys waiting And for the record, I'm not 'playing' with him . . . Just really enjoying messing around taking pics.

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #689
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
If the SS Hulk maquette turns out to be better than Hot Toys Hulk in terms of paint job and realism then I want you to live up to your promise!

I'm talking mostly about humans in general. I have the Maquette on order and it blows HT Hulk out of the water.
BTW, you don't need to quote the same thing over and over again, you know. You can edit your old postings and write again.
This thread is becoming too crowded with the same thing being posted over and over again...
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #690
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Now we are talking, N!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote