morty76
Justice League

Welcome to the board.
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:36 PM   #682
J Scott Campbel
Doh!

Cool Fairytale Fantasies - Femme Fatales 2024 Pt3

I?m attaching this last portion as an image because I have no idea why it?s triggering the ?Forbidden Words? blocking mechanism, but if the moderator can educate me on what exactly the forbidden words are, I?ll be happy to oblige.

Anyway guys, hope a few of you maybe found this insightful. And if not, that?s ok too. Keep chatting and we?ll keep making cool statues. And most of all, keep having fun!

Best,
J. Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 9.29.45 AM.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	166338  
J Scott Campbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:52 PM   #683
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

If this is the real J. Scott Campbell, welcome!

HUGE Fairytale Fantasies fan! I own all of the calendars, and about 75% of the LE 13x19 art prints from the first three years. Already ordered 3 of the brand new prints, and own every statue in the line (minus some of the color variants). If you are into fan suggestions for characters to do in the statue or calendar/print line, here are mine:

Medusa (statue line)
Mulan (statue line)
Sleeping Beauty (both lines)
Sea Witch (both lines)
Snow White (statue line)
Dorothy (statue line)
Wicked Witch (statue line)
Queen of Hearts (statue line)
Belle/Beast (statue line)
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:16 PM   #684
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
If a statue of this cover has already been done, I have not seen it yet. Would absolutely love this one.

Ah ok ...yea, that's nice. A statue of that would be awesome!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:29 PM   #685
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Scott Campbel View Post
Anyway guys, hope a few of you maybe found this insightful. And if not, that?s ok too. Keep chatting and we?ll keep making cool statues. And most of all, keep having fun!

Best,
J. Scott
welcome to the forum and congrats on the success of the line so far, hopefully we continue to hear from you on here every so often
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:47 PM   #686
J Scott Campbel
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
welcome to the forum and congrats on the success of the line so far, hopefully we continue to hear from you on here every so often
Thank you. I'll certainly try to pop in from time to time, but did find it extremely challenging to post without triggering the overly sensitive "forbidden words" block, so I'll likely keep it to a minimum. Guess it's been a while since my old message board days, guess I'm unfamiliar with the newer limitations.
J Scott Campbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 04:04 PM   #687
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Thank you. I'll certainly try to pop in from time to time, but did find it extremely challenging to post without triggering the overly sensitive "forbidden words" block, so I'll likely keep it to a minimum. Guess it's been a while since my old message board days, guess I'm unfamiliar with the newer limitations.
What were you trying to post?
The forum might censor a few naughty words but not much else so come back as you like!

Oh and Oh MY Gosh its YOU!!!

Maybe you can tell by the avatar I'm kinda a fan.
Probably never get to meet you so going for broke with a question I've always thought I'd ask in person:

Have you ever tried digital sculpting?

Of any comic artist I know of your process is the most iterative and architectural. Your drafts for these statues are like blueprints. I know at this point in your career you don't need to but a piece you sculpted would be killer and you'd have to be a natural.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #688
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Hey welcome JSC! I have a few of your signed prints and some of your various Statues prominently displayed. Love your work, even if I dont buy all these, I still appreciate them from afar!

I can only think maybe badass was the trigger, but who knows for sure. The forum was created by Quakers. Not that there is anything wrong with that...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:09 PM   #689
aadroban
Birdman

Quote:
I?m attaching this last portion as an image because I have no idea why it?s triggering the ?Forbidden Words? blocking mechanism, but if the moderator can educate me on what exactly the forbidden words are, I?ll be happy to oblige.

Best,
J. Scott
Awesome!! Yeah that's the type of interaction I think most of us would appreciate on here . . we're all fans of these beautiful ladies and would like as many of them to be made into statues as possible. I suspect you knew Medusa would be a massive hit from the start . . and I hope you are getting similar feedback for Mulan as well. Knockouts both of them. Of course we each have our favorites and knowing that it is most likely only one statue per year . . I mean it is understandable that there will be strong opinions attached. People know what they want lol. But it's your line to roll out how you wish with whatever theme strikes your interest. Put them all in lumberjack outfits or scuba gear if you like . . just make them look hot right? Seriously though, glad to read that your calendars are going to be coming out annually . . and please stop by this forum more often!
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 10:56 PM   #690
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If you are the real JSC I'm a big fan of your work and the Fairy-Tale Line. (Sorry about the doubt but there has been a lot of pretenders out their thanks to the new power of AI)

Very excited to hear that there will be a Fairytale 2025 Calendar and looking forward to more of your art making the transition into statue form.

Also, regarding the variants, if you have to do them, can you please consider changing up more then just the colors and making the edition sizes smaller?

For example, I wouldn't mind a redo of Tink, but in a different pose, not just copying the same concept again. (This is only my opinion, but Tink is my least favorite Fairytale specifically because of the peg in her foot) If there had been a variant of her on the thread with the needle, well that would have been somethiing much more appealing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tink.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	166346  
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote