Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-28-2015, 01:19 AM   #681
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

My condolences for the loss of your mother B2S. But you have my utmost respect in choosing to respect her wishes. Do what you gotta do. Those statues will be there should you decide to seek them out later.

Hang in there buddy.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:54 PM   #682
Thor57
Teen Titans

Bryan, if you're still checking in, will you PM me your work email so we can discuss an issue I have please sir?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #683
ScootS
Justice League

Really sorry to hear about your loss. While it's a known certainty, it's never really anything that we can ever be prepare for ... the loss of a loved one. Do take care
ScootS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #684
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Bryan, if you're still checking in, will you PM me your work email so we can discuss an issue I have please sir?
Hey Thor, no need for PMs, my email should be known to all and easily accessible. bryan@xm-studios.com let me know how I can help.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #685
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Bryan: You had mentioned that XM was considering making mini-stands to hold all the extra heads/switchouts. i.e. Black Widow and Classic Ironman. I thought that was a great idea and I hope you guys are still going through with it.
Hello Bryan can you answer the above question please.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #686
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hey Thor, no need for PMs, my email should be known to all and easily accessible. bryan@xm-studios.com let me know how I can help.
Thank you my friend. When I get home from work I'll shoot you an email with some pics.

Hope all is well!
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #687
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Why do I get the feeling XM is extremely busy right now?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #688
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Why do I get the feeling XM is extremely busy right now?
Because there's at least 20 different incomplete statues previewed at different points of development (concept art, digital sculpt, or unpainted sculpt) and none of them are actually available yet or have been shown painted and finished...they are busy.

All of the Batman: Rising Son statues, a few Star Wars, Black Panther, Electro, Green Goblin, Namor, Punisher, Rhino, Sandman, Vulture, Chinese Heroes, the Top Cow stuff, the new Fantasy line announced at STGCC, etc...at this point I'd rather see updates on existing products than yet another announcement. Example, Spidey/MJ art was shown months ago and no updates since, yet a new Cap is announced by showing off the actual sculpt. I know some will jump on this criticism but I'd rather see the actual sculpt for something announced a while ago that I'm already invested in rather than some new sculpt popping up.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #689
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Because there's at least 20 different incomplete statues previewed at different points of development (concept art, digital sculpt, or unpainted sculpt) and none of them are actually available yet or have been shown painted and finished...they are busy.

All of the Batman: Rising Son statues, a few Star Wars, Black Panther, Electro, Green Goblin, Namor, Punisher, Rhino, Sandman, Vulture, Chinese Heroes, the Top Cow stuff, the new Fantasy line announced at STGCC, etc...at this point I'd rather see updates on existing products than yet another announcement. Example, Spidey/MJ art was shown months ago and no updates since, yet a new Cap is announced by showing off the actual sculpt. I know some will jump on this criticism but I'd rather see the actual sculpt for something announced a while ago that I'm already invested in rather than some new sculpt popping up.
Fact is that production phase has different stages at different times. Example, it takes a pair of months to print a prototype. So while, say, Mysterio's proto is being printed, Pereira is working on Goblin. After that, proto needs to be painted and after the paint up there's still something else going on (fixes, tweaks, engineering) before it goes to full mass production.
That's why you see WIPs of so many characters, companies know that time is money and they can have artists working on 3D models while factories print them and start producing, of course the 3D sculpting part is going to be much quicker than the following printing, paint up, molding and casting, that's why after the initial rush everything slows down.
I was quite impressed by the amount of pieces displayed at STGCC, even if unpainted. Printing those things takes a ton of time.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #690
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Chances are this has been in develop longer then some of those though
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote