Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

View Poll Results: Which version of Rogue is better?
1st version (sentinel head as base) 29 46.77%
2nd version (sentinel hand as base) 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #61
gomur
The Tick

Studio pics haven't been shown of the new Rogue statue, but these are some nice shots here:

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #62
demonhunter
Kingpin

That's fantastic. The more I look at it, the long hair version, it is just so distinctly Jim Lee style. Love it.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #63
ScootS
Justice League

Her boobs are too small .... Rouge's not a Cup A!!
ScootS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #64
khrisc
The X-Men

the results of the poll are too close! i like the pose of the 1st one better..i like the sculpt of the 2nd one better..if they can sculpt a new one with the 1st pose..thats the one i would choose
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #65
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
the results of the poll are too close! i like the pose of the 1st one better..i like the sculpt of the 2nd one better..if they can sculpt a new one with the 1st pose..thats the one i would choose
I'd second that notion in a fantasy world. Absolutely.

If that original statue had the amount of appreciation and support it has now, back then, it wouldn't have been canceled. However, Koto was just starting its Fine Arts line and the hobby itself wasn't as widespread as it is today.

Highly highly highly highly highly highly highly unlikely that we'll ever see the original Rogue statue in production. Ever. That ship has sailed. And we really need to move on. I applaud Erick for creating a statue that is so removed from the original and it is, statistically speaking, equally loved. Maybe we can see that original Rogue's pose revamped down the line for a Jim Lee Storm statue.

I hate to sound preachy, but we really need to appreciate what we're getting (because it's damn good) instead of moaning about what ain't coming.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #66
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post

If that original statue had the amount of appreciation and support it has now, back then, it wouldn't have been canceled. However, Koto was just starting its Fine Arts line and the hobby itself wasn't as widespread as it is today.

Highly highly highly highly highly highly highly unlikely that we'll ever see the original Rogue statue in production. Ever. That ship has sailed. And we really need to move on. I applaud Erick for creating a statue that is so removed from the original and it is, statistically speaking, equally loved. Maybe we can see that original Rogue's pose revamped down the line for a Jim Lee Storm statue.

I hate to sound preachy, but we really need to appreciate what we're getting (because it's damn good) instead of moaning about what ain't coming.
dont get me wrong i will buy this statue nevertheless..i would rather have them do more characters than resculpt another Rogue
Old 10-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #67
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
dont get me wrong i will buy this statue nevertheless..i would rather have them do more characters than resculpt another Rogue
I understand, Khrisc. It's just something I needed to put out there, not at you particularly. Unless the 2nd Rogue statue blows away the original, then this thread inherently doesn't do it any favors, even if that wasn't the intention.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #68
khrisc
The X-Men

im just hoping the paint job will be the same as that prototype..its so nice! the colors really pops!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #69
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:

I completely agree with your view, Gomur. I still remember when the first proto was promoted and all the whining, complaining and the unfair comparisons with other pieces. The poor response and the lack of pre-orders sinked that boat even before it had a chance to sail. Now, we need to walk past it and move on. In my opinion this new version is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is closer to perfection than the fist one ever was.

One thing is certain, there will never be a definitive version of any character. Many will come and go. You enjoy each one for what they are and live with your choices. I am very glad that this will be produced. I love the refinements made by Erick and I can see his progress as an artist. I can only dream on the types of sculpts we'll get to see from him in the years to come. The skills of a trained artist as Sosa only get better and better like the good wine. He is extremely talented and receptive with his fans, so I don't have to worry about getting my expectations met.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #70
Skully
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I understand, Khrisc. It's just something I needed to put out there, not at you particularly. Unless the 2nd Rogue statue blows away the original, then this thread inherently doesn't do it any favors, even if that wasn't the intention.
I beg to disagree with you saying this poll doesnt do it any favors. If you notice on the main rogue thread, most of the comments there dont like the new sculpt. Reason why it made me create this thread because i was so puzzled for the lack of love on the new version. The fans that like the first one and criticize the new one are the most vocal. As you can see, based on the results so far, it not only proves that there are equal amounts who like the 2nd version but almost everyone despite liking the first one better WILL still buy the 2nd version. So my take on this is this thread did rogue v2 a favor and proves to be a sure winner!

Oh by the way, whoever will say they wont buy rogue because they prefer the 1st one? I'm willing to bet $$ i will find rogue displayed in your collection! Lol
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote