Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

View Poll Results: Whos your fon moderators?
Superdoug 9 33.33%
Avenger 11 40.74%
Ink 3 11.11%
Merlose 13 48.15%
Jase 4 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #61
JonoJ108
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
YEs but group dynamics change very quickly, as several people mentioned that they use to post frequently but now they don't, same that we get new heavy posters in here after all Jono has only been here since recently, and since has drastically changed the dynamic. And buy the same token Avenger, Jesse haven't posted here heavily in recent memory but would we discredit their opinions and contributions? No. This thread is certainly not now what it was like 4 months or 8 months ago because people change, opinions change etc. So to assume that the dynamics are always going to be the same is slightly naive.

Some of the people that have voted for me are heavy contributors to this forum and to think that they don't know how this group goes despite the fact that they don't post here seems unfair.
so now i'm "heavy"???
Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #62
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Some of the people that have voted for me are heavy contributors to this forum and to think that they don't know how this group goes despite the fact that they don't post here seems unfair.
Yes, that's true. It does seem unfair. Which is why I haven't offered my vote in GORE or the Mafia, or even ROT, which I would have a right to do, because I -don't- post in those threads, and don't know all the players well enough to say one that I communicate, say, with here is better than someone I barely interact with. I don't think anyone would debate the level of my contribution to the forum as a whole.

So, while it's unfair to you, it's not a standard that I'm applying to only this forum. I'm holding myself to it, as well.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #63
Jesse321
Galactus

Jesse has been looking for a new job for the past 2 weeks, EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME if trivial things like my mortgage, health insurance, and livelihood interferes with my ability to maintain a high percentage post count in FON for a couple of weeks!!

And Scott started a new job recently as well!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #64
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Let's just settle this who can vote and who can't vote and be done with it. Seems to me that the majority of us want the vote restricted. We just need to define that restriction.

I vote that we allow the top 15 overall FON posters, from FONs 1-3.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #65
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Okay, people! Please don't turn this into a study of character assassination! People have their reasons for everything.

Let's keep this to the vote, and who's eligible, please.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #66
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
Yes, that's true. It does seem unfair. Which is why I haven't offered my vote in GORE or the Mafia, or even ROT, which I would have a right to do, because I -don't- post in those threads, and don't know all the players well enough to say one that I communicate, say, with here is better than someone I barely interact with. I don't think anyone would debate the level of my contribution to the forum as a whole.

So, while it's unfair to you, it's not a standard that I'm applying to only this forum. I'm holding myself to it, as well.
This is EXACTLY why you would make a most excellent MOD!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #67
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoJ108 View Post
so now i'm "heavy"???
One part of you is!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #68
JonoJ108
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
One part of you is!
you leave my stone foot out of this!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #69
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
Hey, Merl, you seem to be taking this a lot more personally than people are making it. It's not about whether you would do a good job or not. It's not about how many people you can bring in to post (although, I'll point out that the people who appeared and voted did NOT post their reasoning, which means that they just came in here to vote for you without knowing how you act or interact on this part of the forum.) The face you present in other threads is different from the one you use in here. Maybe not drastically, but enough that I feel that for you to go, say, into the Dazzler thread and say 'I'd be an awesome MOD! Everyone go and vote for me!; is sort of a misrepresentation on your part.

You certainly don't act like you're the victim on other threads. I don't know why you're doing it here. No one is attacking you personally, nor are they implying that you wouldn't do a good job. They're just saying that the people who have to interact with you in this forum should be the ones to decide whether or not you're capable of MODding.

You need to get off your high horse about your qualifications, because it's so not helping your case.

Doug I have just been trying to point out that I can be impartial to whomever may come waltzing in here, that's my point. And I'm not saying anyone is attacking me just that personal biases against me cloud judgment.

Honestly Doug I don't see that you could be, you didn't want to be up here when someone didn't mention your name and you wanted to opt out the second I had 2 votes form non regulars. And now you're telling me I need to "get off my horse" that's just plain rude.

Its clear some of you guys don't want me to do it fine its clear, but many of the same people that voted for Avenger who I feel are more impartial are the same ones that voted for me. However I'm sorry to say I don't feel that anyone else here besides Avenger and myself could do a good job.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #70
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

This may seem a radical solution, but I'm just going to throw it out there. There seems to be a lot of desire on the part of certain people to be mods here (why I can't imagine). JDH has already said that it doesn't mean that mods can change any rules or anything or implement bans unilaterally or whatever. It is hard to stay on line and mod all the time anyway.

What if all three are allowed to be mods? I think all have valid points in their arguments and any other solution is going to leave at least someone really angry and possibly cause a lot of problems in the thread in particular and in the forum in general.
Closed Thread