Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-25-2019, 04:55 PM   #61
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
Hellboy,

It seems the prices for Harley Quinn and Green Lantern is now indicative of the 1/6 DC line.

I fail to see why either piece is so much more expensive than Aquaman and Flash were.
Slightly more intricate and prices continue to rise. I don’t see either of those as the new price norm however. XM are still releasing pieces in this scale comparable to the price of those that launched the line. Batman & Deathstroke for example.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #62
built2shred
Phoenix

Joker, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, Flash, Deathstroke, Cyborg are all $433 (Retail)

Hush Batman $455
Bloodstorm Batman $455

Lobo $722
Harley $650

Both Harley and Lobo have a lot of parts to them, and the comic cover based statues are only $20 more then the regular ones. So I'm not quite seeing this huge price increase everyone keeps talking about.

As far as I know XM hasn't even listed the price of Green Lantern yet... People might want to wait and see before getting to excited about it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:53 PM   #63
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Built2shred,

For someone who's so big on switch-outs to justify XM's prices you seem to have ignored the fact Harley Quinn doesn't have even errr ONE switch-out...nope not one.

Yet even without her Hyena's she is still more expensive than Aquaman who DOES have a switch-out..AND a Sea-Horse.

But hey if you're happy to keep forking out more and more for less and less that's your prerogative...it's your money after all.

From the comments on this forum it's clear that quite a few collectors are NOT willing to pay these escalating prices,so I suspect the edition sizes will decrease which means the costs/prices will probably continue to rise .
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #64
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Damn bro 2006 join date and only 20 posts, that's a sight!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:46 PM   #65
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Built2shred,

For someone who's so big on switch-outs to justify XM's prices you seem to have ignored the fact Harley Quinn doesn't have even errr ONE switch-out...nope not one.

Yet even without her Hyena's she is still more expensive than Aquaman who DOES have a switch-out..AND a Sea-Horse.

But hey if you're happy to keep forking out more and more for less and less that's your prerogative...it's your money after all.

From the comments on this forum it's clear that quite a few collectors are NOT willing to pay these escalating prices,so I suspect the edition sizes will decrease which means the costs/prices will probably continue to rise .
BINGO! These prices are getting ridiculous! I have two more POs then I am done with this hobby. Don’t think it is worth $1000+ per statue.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:24 PM   #66
Slamboni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
As far as I know XM hasn't even listed the price of Green Lantern yet... People might want to wait and see before getting to excited about it.
Green Lantern is 899 sgd, same as Harley

https://www.xm-studios.com/content/s...-po-dates.aspx
Slamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:45 AM   #67
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Built2shred,

I posted in another thread that the Harley only version was not a good deal... They're only knocking $70 off, for that you might as well buy Harley with the dogs.

That aside some of the collectors complaining about price have never even bought a XM statue, so I doubt they're going to lose many sales... besides my point was the majority of the XM 1:6 DC statues have stayed at the same price point, only Harley and Lobo have deviated from that and IMO it's obvious why they did. (EDIT: and now Green Lantern).

The amount of parts you have to mold is going to determine the price of a statue. Whether that's from additional switch outs or from lots of individual parts they have to put together to make a more detailed statue. The more simple and plain the statue is the less it will cost.

In the end everyone decides for themselves if the statue is worth the price tag.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:54 AM   #68
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
BINGO! These prices are getting ridiculous! I have two more POs then I am done with this hobby. Don’t think it is worth $1000+ per statue.
Let's be honest, this whole hobby in general is a waste of money but most hobbies are.

It was different years ago when you could easily get your money back when you sold your statues off but those days are long gone. Expect to lose money if you ever sell any of them.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #69
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:17 PM   #70
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Excellent pics Zod. Thanks for sharing. I’m convinced this piece is worth the asking price now. Amazing level of detail.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote