Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #61
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

I ordered one of these for my son at exactly 5:00 PM when they hit $349. Clicked to confirm transaction and then I got a 'Loading' message......it was still loading 30 minutes later so apparently I missed out because of Weta's server. Contacted Weta immediately and was told my order didn't go through because the item had sold out by then. I asked them to explain if that was the case then how is it that people were able to acqiure them at least 15 minutes after I placed my order and for $50 less? Strangely enough, they never got back to me with a response. So not only did I missed out on one, I had the privelege of being lied to by a Weta rep.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #62
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Unfortunately when these type of sales happen it's a free for all. A rep won't be able to offer any explanation that will be to your satisfaction to justify a technical mishap.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #63
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
I ordered one of these for my son at exactly 5:00 PM when they hit $349. Clicked to confirm transaction and then I got a 'Loading' message......it was still loading 30 minutes later so apparently I missed out because of Weta's server. Contacted Weta immediately and was told my order didn't go through because the item had sold out by then. I asked them to explain if that was the case then how is it that people were able to acqiure them at least 15 minutes after I placed my order and for $50 less? Strangely enough, they never got back to me with a response. So not only did I missed out on one, I had the privelege of being lied to by a Weta rep.
Yea, I used PayPal and was stuck at processing order. I emailed them and they said to use CC. Anyway, missed out but you can't win them all.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:17 PM   #64
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

sorry to hear you guys missed it - but if you all can wait - im sure there will be more deal on it soon - im sure Weta needs to make room in their warehouse so they will want to clear inventory soon.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #65
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Agreed. There will be another sale for these. It's a good piece but the original price was too high.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #66
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Agreed. There will be another sale for these. It's a good piece but the original price was too high.
On a positive note, Smaug is a prime candidate for a flash sale next year.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:33 PM   #67
omigeo
The Tick

I also couldn't get Smaug
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #68
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Don't feel so bad I forgot and missed it now, probably wouldn't have gotten one anyway. I had one a while back and sold it, but for $300 I would have gotten it again.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #69
FROBAY
Phoenix

I would be surprised if we ever see Smaug or Balrog after this BF. Why keep some for next year and take up warehouse space just to get about the same money next year?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:04 AM   #70
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I would be surprised if we ever see Smaug or Balrog after this BF. Why keep some for next year and take up warehouse space just to get about the same money next year?
Just my opinion but I honestly feel the Smaug has plenty of inventory left, based on their earlier responses it seems they are trying to account and consolidate where it is housed, hence the ship date was Feb. 2018.

Once they identify quantity left, I suspect another flash sale at same price point soon, maybe early next year on some sort of holiday sale or even around Christmas.

just my opinion
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote