Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #61
Monty Props
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
The ONLY downfall to the Omnibus is the fact that they are so heavy and big - sometimes they are hard to read.
I actually bought one of those "breakfast-in-bed" trays with the legs so I could sit comfortably and read the Simonson omni.
Monty Props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #62
Monty Props

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Hmmm. I have the BRB cover.

IMO, if Marvel or whomever wants to limit these things in general, then just issue a new cover to later printings. That way, collectors can have their sealed fingerprint free limited edition hardcovers and the people who just want to read the stories could buy their 4th printing without ruffling too many feathers.
And here I was thinking I was the only one into "sealed fingerprint free limited edition hardcovers", which is why I bought two of the Simonson Thor's with the BRB cover.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #63
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Props View Post
And here I was thinking I was the only one into "sealed fingerprint free limited edition hardcovers", which is why I bought two of the Simonson Thor's with the BRB cover.

As a proud member of the "sealed fingerprint free limited edition hardcovers" club, would you be offended if Marvel reprinted the book with a different cover? Or, would you feel some sense of ownership over the format and material?

For the record, I'm a former member of the gravity-free, never-been-breathed-on club. This was especially the case with those signed numbered editions (which now, years later, ironically, generally sell for below retail). However, in my mind, so much of this stuff has been reprinted so often, in so many different formats, I don't get why some fans are so protective. I can understand not wanting to reissue statues, coins, signed lithographs, or stamps. I just don't place reprints of reprints of reprints in that category. JMO.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #64
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I actually bought one of those "breakfast-in-bed" trays with the legs so I could sit comfortably and read the Simonson omni.
I'm thinking of getting one of these for mine:

http://www.lecternsandpodiums.com/Pr...ium_p_180.html

Plus, it's bulletproof. Must be lined with Uru. Only $5,995.95. It's a steal at that price, considering what Uru goes for by the ounce nowadays.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #65
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
I'm thinking of getting one of these for mine:

http://www.lecternsandpodiums.com/Pr...ium_p_180.html

Plus, it's bulletproof. Must be lined with Uru. Only $5,995.95. It's a steal at that price, considering what Uru goes for by the ounce nowadays.
I think I know a guy who knows a guy who sells Uru.
He also has a line on Romulan ale.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #66
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I think I know a guy who knows a guy who sells Uru.
He also has a line on Romulan ale.
Better watch what you post, RS. You never know who reads these threads...
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #67
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Good thinking. I'm about 1/3 of the way through mine without the benefit of a stand or tray and, I admit, it's tough going due to the book's weight and size. Still, it's like discovering an old friend.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #68
Monty Props

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Good thinking. I'm about 1/3 of the way through mine without the benefit of a stand or tray and, I admit, it's tough going due to the book's weight and size. Still, it's like discovering an old friend.
$12.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Hoping it can take the weight, but so far, so good.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #69
Monty Props

Quote:
As a proud member of the "sealed fingerprint free limited edition hardcovers" club, would you be offended if Marvel reprinted the book with a different cover? Or, would you feel some sense of ownership over the format and material?

For the record, I'm a former member of the gravity-free, never-been-breathed-on club. This was especially the case with those signed numbered editions (which now, years later, ironically, generally sell for below retail). However, in my mind, so much of this stuff has been reprinted so often, in so many different formats, I don't get why some fans are so protective. I can understand not wanting to reissue statues, coins, signed lithographs, or stamps. I just don't place reprints of reprints of reprints in that category. JMO.

I'm just happy to have two of the Beta Ray Bill covers: one for reading, one for the club.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #70
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Received my Simonson Thor Omnibus in the mail today. This thing is a monster!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote