Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #61
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Oh my word! I can't stop laughing! This keeps getting better and better. This sounds like the story of Adolph Hitler the plaigairist painter before he became dictator, throw in a sprinkle of Six Degrees of Separation (featuring Will Smith), and MK Deception as well.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #62
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

told ya. i tried to tell all of you..lol i knew that guy was shady. right from the very beginning with the whole thing that happened to my buddy Chris.
i knew this whole thing wasn't right and stunk to high Heaven. like i said. i call it as i see it. and tell it like it is. and what i was seeing was a person trying to hide the bigger picture. covering lies with even more lies. usually once a rat always a rat.
what was a dead giveaway to me to all of this was the fact that he never once came out and acknowledged the whole copying of Chris's Lou hulk and never apologized for it not once, (publicly or privately) back in April of 20112. he only acknowledged and apologized for it a year later and not until the ---- hit the fan on here a few weeks ago when i brought up everything and exposing Abdel and syco for what they truly were. con artists.
cons are the greatest actors in the world. better than actual actors who play roles in movies and TV. because they need to make things believable to convince you, to persuade you and manipulate you into giving in to their deceitful schemes.
i knew it would all come out eventually. was just a matter of time.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #63
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJON View Post
Hi Guys, first can i just say how sorry i am to all you innocent people that have been conned by this Jonathan Martin (real name Darren Martin).

My name is Peter Mook, www.petermooksculpture.com I have carved for the giftware industry for many years and worked with Disney, Microsoft, Warner etc. Three years ago i was contacted by Martin and asked to set up one2one, i carved for a year to help set it all up (X-Men and Halo), and another gentleman put approx $120,000 into the company, the Halo and X-Men licenses was genuine but for no reason what-so-ever he made fraudulent copies to show other potential companies, he signed documents with his other people’s names, he stole the other directors credit card, spent it on a prostitute and claimed it wasn't him until he was shown video evidence and he confessed, he had me sculpt a ninja statue and the license was not genuine and he owed over $20,000 to PBM for it which he had taken whilst working for First4figures and never told us, his elderly parents was forced to sell their home after leaving them in serious debt, i could go on but this post would be ten pages long.
But also Microsoft and Marvel have a lot to answer for, they willingly gave a $70,000 and a $40,000 (respectively) license to a 40 year old man with a history of fraud and $110,000 of debt, that still lived with his parents? This was a license to con, because with these licenses in hand what sculptor, artist, designer, businessman etc would refuse to work with him?
I spoke to a few companies he is now working with, Big bad toy store, Warner and they wasn't interested, in their opinion, if he isn't conning them then it doesn't matter, sod the artists and the designers, so unfortunately i think he will continue to get away with it.
He is still wanted by the UK police, hence why he won't return home and is still hiding in China and when i spoke to the police, they was baffled as to what purpose he made the frauds, there was no financial gain, all he did was destroy a business that could have been successful, his own mother believed him to be a Narcissist.
If anybody wishes to find anything more about him please mail me, this low life stayed at my home, played with my children, then stole a year of my work!

Regards All,
Peter
and yes thank you Peter (and Christ) for coming forward and proving what i thought all along was true. that this guy was and still is a crook.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #64
AJON
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
After all this i just imagine anyone who receives a broken statue directly from them will go through hell trying to get a replacement or refund.

Consider me totally put off Syco for good.
He will just change his name, the factory in China funding the project will just change the name of the business, they can put out a statement saying change of ownership and of they go again, remember this is the fourth company

I don't know the name of the first business but he was producing Micheal Scumacher statues and Wrestling statues and selling through magazines all with no license until he got caught

Then

First4figures
one2one collectibles
Syco

It's just too easy to hide, everybody needs to be very carefull and check out potential customers very well, I know how hard it is, you don't want to lose a job but if a customer is honest and the situation is explained i am sure they won't mind being questioned. One thing i can tell you, is Darren Martin's face is covered in warts, so he is easy to identify if you get to see him of course!
AJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #65
dao2
Cyclops

I don't think F4F is associated with syco :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #66
DynamicMenace

this is all good information man. cant thank you enough for sharing all of this.
but i will say. all the name changes and shady dealings will eventually catch up with him. just like what happened here. it all caught up with him. and he was exposed for what he really is.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #67
AJON

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I don't think F4F is associated with syco :<
Not anymore you're correct, they are now a good company, have NO association with DM anymore

This is the story as i know it,
Darren Martin was a graphic designer and wanted to be involved in the statue market, so he, his dad and his cousin (i think) started F4F, Darren cheated them like he always does, and so he was basically forced out with the agreement he could take with him the NG2 license (which he said was paid for but wasn't). F4F is now run by his cousin and a businessman who i don't know and have never met, but i am lead to believe by Alan Green and PBM that they are very honest people.

Sorry, i should have made that clear before, but if you wish to clarify any of my statements please call them or any of the companies i have mentioned, even call the UK police they have ALL the files on DM and know the full story.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #68
AJON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
this is all good information man. cant thank you enough for sharing all of this.
but i will say. all the name changes and shady dealings will eventually catch up with him. just like what happened here. it all caught up with him. and he was exposed for what he really is.
I really hope you're right, it can be tough enough being an artist without the Darren Martin's of this world!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #69
Sup3rs3d3d
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

This is seriously turning into movie material...lol...Darren aka Jonathon Martin is a wanted man in the UK?!!! WOW!! I told Charles last week that I didn't think this guy was CEO material. When I was talking to Jonathon/Darren about the Ferrigno, I felt like he was either a con artist or at most the CEO of a lemonade stand. I never would have thought it was this heavy though...damn...

SOOOOOOO glad I didn't do business with him and Erick got out of this before it went south. I appreciate Dan keeping at it though... the unrelenting Syco slayer, DynamicMenace.
Sup3rs3d3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #70
DynamicMenace

all i can say is this. artists & sculptors. listen to your Intuition. thats what its there for. listen to that little voice in your head or that gut feeling that is telling you something is wrong. you'll be thankful you did.