Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #61
Dark Knight
The Cuban Crusader

How retailers feel about the New 52 after a year

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/one-...he-new-52.html
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #62
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
After being such a curmudgeon about how much I feel the New 52 launch robbed me of the heroes I grew up with and refusing to buy any titles I figure, well, is this much different than the post Crisis reboots of 1986 which I happened to really like. ...
I miss the characters--feels like they were all killed off. I'll sample a few DC trades, but it's been easy to pretty much drop DC altogether (not Vertigo). If the company doesn't "care" about the characters (e.g., they're just trademark-holders, logo-wearers, etc.), why should I allow myself to become emotionally invested in them?

I know I'm being naive, that we're talking business here (what will make the most money), and that comic are now basically just a launching pad / testing area for movies etc., but the reason I'm in this thing (after a long layover--coincidentally, I first dropped out of comics right after the '86 Crisis) is because I enjoy becoming attached to characters / all the soap opera continuity junk.

The best writers, I've seen, are able to keep the soap opera going while still making stuff accessible to newbies.

Aw crap, now I feel like I'm just repeating tons of arguments I've read elsewhere.

To answer the question: I would love for DC to revert back to pre-Flashpoint DCU, but I can't even begin to believe that DC would do this (or that WB would let them).
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #63
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I still miss my old DC characters. I'm reading Batman, but feel that book is great due to great writing and art, not due to the reboot. Aquaman, too. But these feel like the same characters. Not the rest.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #64
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I still miss my old DC characters. I'm reading Batman, but feel that book is great due to great writing and art, not due to the reboot. Aquaman, too. But these feel like the same characters. Not the rest.
agreed....

There are a handful of A listers that feel seem the same to me....and I am happy for that. I have enjoyed the different takes on some bad guys and B list characters well enough...but I am STILL smarting over the loss of some characters that I was really enjoying that were relatively new to the scene. Characters such as Red Robin and Batgirl (Steph). The new 52 Red Robin is interesting enough....but doesnt feel like Tim and visually I am really sick of the Tron look that Booth is going for. Seeing Babs back at Batgirl is fun...but in my opinion SUCH a step backwards for the character. Her development into Oracle was very well done and truly inspirational. The total loss of Powergirl in the new 52 sucks...and where the hell is Ted Kord?!?!?

Overall the reboot was a success and I am glad they seem to be sticking with it. It was an exciting concept and overall a GOOD thing for the industry by the looks of the sales figures. Personally I am buying more DC now then ever before...so I guess it worked on me!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #65
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

My story is like many others. I hated the idea of a reboot and cut my DC buying down to originally 14 books. I used this as a chance to stop buying all Batman and Superman titles. This was tough . From what I've read Superman has underperformed while Batman has been awesome. It's still not enough to go back and get them . Too many books with too much story. I stuck with my 14 and one was cancelled and I replaced it with another. Now that enough time has passed and I can see where this is going I still don't like it. I dropped Green Arrow this month and with JLI being cancelled that puts me down to 12 books. I haven't enjoyed the total revamp of Firestorm, Hawkman, Flash & JSA but I love the characters. I love Green Arrow as well and simply had to stop that book. For me only Aquaman & the GL books feel like the heroes that I read prior to the reboot. The Justice League is eye candy but doesn't feel right. This is not the same Geoff Johns that wrote Blackest Night. I don't know it seems like DC tried so hard to make things differant that the forgot to ask themselves WHY? Why change something for the sake of changing it? Was the old universe that bad? I feel that it was the best it ever was and that after CRISIS it didn't change much at (except Superman & Wonder Woman) and them not that dramatic. I realize that this is a business and business is good but it has really alienated me as a DC customer.Yes I am still supporting some titles but I feel as if my time is waining.
My hope would be that this Trinity War thing fixes everything back to what it was. My pipe dream I know.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I would like to draw attention to the fact that I was one of the 9 that said they would not revert back.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #67
risingstar
Jedi Order

It feels like it's been forever since I had a reserve at a comic store...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #68
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I would like to draw attention to the fact that I was one of the 9 that said they would not revert back.
You've got one more year to be proven right.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #69
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

I have no personal connection to these new characters anymore. They are not the ones I grew up with, so I dropped all my DC books except Aquaman, Batgirl, Legion Lost, LSH. I di dtry many of these Nu books. For the most part, I found them dreadful. They only share the namesake of the character, but they are new characters. Earth 2 is so politically correct its not even funny! Why the hell does Wonder Woman need guns?

My collection is getting to the point where I want to go back and reread my it. For example, I have a pretty good run, with some holes, of Batman, Detective, and most of the mini-series of Batman dating from the late 1970s to right before the "Nu 52." I prefer to reread those ones rather than buy the Nu 52, which to me are retelling the stories I have already read back in 1986 in the original crisis.

it seems DC is always in crisis, they have no clue what the hell they are doing.
Deathlok2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #70
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Justice League was a huge miss. I haven't even picked up the Jim Lee issues after #6 yet. He didn't even do a gatefold cover like he did on Batman Hush and Superman For Tomorrow. The whole thing is hype. They'll revert back when sales reach a low level that I'm sure they know internally.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote