Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #61
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Jason did succeed in taking the heat off of Ian Walker
Well, at least Ian's actually been getting his out. At a trickle sure but that's more than Jason's had.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #62
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

mods, you should lock this thread. p.o.s. jason craig doesnt deserve this much attention. dont ban him, just lock this thread. we all know how bad he sucks. just my opinion.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #63
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

right now the more active it is, the higher it gets on google searches. this also helps others, who are not members here, find out about his antics
Old 09-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #64
adee
Green Arrow

I have no vested interest in any of this but the title change cracked me up.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #65
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

What we all seem to be forgetting is that Jason Craig is clearly the real victim in all of this.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #66
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
What we all seem to be forgetting is that Jason Craig is clearly the real victim in all of this.
that he is...I actually feel bad. To think I was actually expecting some artwork for my money...It was selfish of me
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #67
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

The funny thing about the change of this thread's title is, Jason Craig really is a victim. Sadly, though, he is a victim of Jason Craig.

He made a mistake many others artists in their hubris have made. When taking on these commissions, he viewed it with him having the optimum conditions to work on them in. That provided everything in his life, personal and professional, works out "just so," he could do them without a problem. And I'm sure he could have, but how often does life give you extended time periods of the optimum conditions? That was the fatal flaw in what he did and why he is ultimately a victim of himself.

All artists, not just Jason Craig, would do themselves a world of favors, if they simply changed their line of thinking. Instead of thinking about things in the best and most optimum terms, imagine them at the worst. Then, whatever else you take on can only be better than what you think it will be, because your conditions have nowhere to go but up.
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #68
Mean Green
Fantomah

Or he could just not take money up front like lots of artists are beginning to do. Maintain a list, take a deposit once he's ready to begin working on a specific commissioner's piece, and then collect the remaining balance once it's completed and approved.

Had he done that, he'd only be "stuck" owing something close to $100 or 1 piece of artwork, versus hundreds of dollars that he doesn't have or a mound of commissions that he shouldn't have accepted in the first place.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #69
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeley Man View Post
The funny thing about the change of this thread's title is, Jason Craig really is a victim. Sadly, though, he is a victim of Jason Craig.

He made a mistake many others artists in their hubris have made. When taking on these commissions, he viewed it with him having the optimum conditions to work on them in. That provided everything in his life, personal and professional, works out "just so," he could do them without a problem. And I'm sure he could have, but how often does life give you extended time periods of the optimum conditions? That was the fatal flaw in what he did and why he is ultimately a victim of himself.

All artists, not just Jason Craig, would do themselves a world of favors, if they simply changed their line of thinking. Instead of thinking about things in the best and most optimum terms, imagine them at the worst. Then, whatever else you take on can only be better than what you think it will be, because your conditions have nowhere to go but up.
you hit it right on the money. He said so himself that his life was tough prior to actually taking on this list, so why he took it on in the first place is beyond me.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #70
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

My loose theory is that he was in need of money and saw a commission list as an easy way to raise funds quickly. This is why all the money that he was paid to do these is essentially "gone" and he can not refund people. This is supported by the ex-wife (or soon to be ex wife) spending a lot and increasing their debt, divorce proceedings costing money (if he is actually going through a divorce), and the money involved in having children.

Whether he had any intention of actually doing the work or not is know only by Jason. The facts point more to the aspect that he thought he could get some quick money from the list and then dragging this out and hoping people would forget about him actually creating the art.

Don
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote