Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 02-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #61
Royd
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
Royd, I think everyone you're saying is very fair. Maybe..just maaayyybbeee it's a little different from a POV of a person on the other side of the table? I dunno…that's just me thinking is all.
Needless to say, I for one, am hoping we have an awesome line up! Last year….OCC was by far amazing. Supanova had great names, but pity the amount of work that were produced…and Armageddon…lets not get into that. But hey, we're in the start of a new year…and I say, "LET THE CON SEASON BEGIN!!!!"
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #62
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So…line up for International artists for Supanova Melb are:
Jim Cheung
Mike McKone

Are we expecting more? I assume usually it's 2-3 'international' guests?
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #63
Royd
Producer
Producer

Yes indeed!

Jim Cheung
Mike McKone
Jill Thompson
Mike Golden
Nen
Ben Templesmith (I included Ben since he lives overseas)

Here's the full list:

Michael Golden – Legendary artist who co-created the X-Men’s ‘Rogue’ and the loveable ‘Bucky O Hare’

Mike McKone – Artist on JLA, Teen Titans, Avengers Academy, Fear Itself and many more

Jill Thompson – Much loved artist on Sandman, Wonder Woman and creator of The Little Endless and Scary Godmother

Jim Cheung – Penciller on Avengers: The Childrens Crusade and New Avengers: Illuminati

Tom Taylor – International best selling writer of Earth 2, Injustice: Gods Amongst Us, The Deep and Star Wars: Invasion.

Colin Wilson – Supa-Star artist on Judge Dredd, Blueberry, Star Wars: Invasion, Rogue Trooper and many more

Nen - Stunning pin-up and cover artist for IDW and other independent publishers

Steve Stamatiadis – Creator of Blade Kitten and head of Krome Studios

Adam Nichols – Ex designer for Krome; Now working on numerous gaming and art projects

Paul Abstruse – Amazing tattoo artist and penciller on Azaroth, now on My Little Pony

Ben Templesmith (Melbourne Exclusive) - Awesome artist on the original 30 Days of Night, and Squidgirls

Fil Barlow (Melbourne Exclusive) - Artist and designer on Extreme Ghostbusters

Martin Abel (Melbourne Exclusive) – Brilliant Pin-up artist extraordinaire

Dean Rankine (Melbourne Exclusive) - artist on Simpsons Comics, Futurama and more

Gary Chaloner (Melbourne Exclusive) – Creator of Re Kelso and Doc Wylde and the Frogs of Doom

Paul Bedford (Melbourne Exclusive) - Creator of psych-horror graphic novel The List

And Melbourne has a larger comics creator guest list than Gold Coast!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #64
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Yes indeed!

Jim Cheung
Mike McKone
Jill Thompson
Mike Golden
Nen
Ben Templesmith (I included Ben since he lives overseas)
OK, I'm going to sound stupid and ignorant here but:
- Jim Cheung > awesome! I met him at LVCE and NYCC. Really awesome guy. Can't wait to catch up with him.
- Mike McKone > OK
- Jill Thompson > who?
- Mike Golden > who?
- Nen > who?
- Ben Templesmith > Aussie

Sorry to sound stupid.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #65
Royd
Producer
Producer

Okay, you're not stupid but some of these creators have a long/extended history of creative work for various companies over 20 years or more

If you would like to know more about them, have a look at the Supanova Guest page individual profiles - http://www.supanova.com.au/guests/

Jill Thompson - is known for her work on Sandman, Scary Godmother and other books and has a dedicated following. Not someone whose work I collect but I know she's well liked by others.

Mike Golden - leaving aside the "issues" involving Mike and fans, he is one of the most influential and recognised creative talents in the industry (Art Adams, Jason Pearson and many others all credit Mike Golden as their main influence). Check the Supanova profile where you'll see his credits on Micronauts, Batman Family, The Nam, Dr. Strange, etc. He co-created Rogue.

Nen - is a talented creator/illustrator who has worked in various fields (comics, trading cards etc.)industry. See previous posts in this thread for images of her work.

Ben hasn't lived in Australia for at least the past 10 years and hasn't been back in a few years so he could hardly be described as a local

Quote:
OK, I'm going to sound stupid and ignorant here but:
- Jim Cheung > awesome! I met him at LVCE and NYCC. Really awesome guy. Can't wait to catch up with him.
- Mike McKone > OK
- Jill Thompson > who?
- Mike Golden > who?
- Nen > who?
- Ben Templesmith > Aussie

Sorry to sound stupid.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #66
Peasant

Quote:
Okay, you're not stupid but these people have a long/extended history of creative work for various companies over 20 years or more

If you would like to know more about them, have a look at the Supanova Guest page individual profiles - http://www.supanova.com.au/guests/

Jill Thompson - is known for her work on Sandman, Scary Godmother and other books and has a dedicated following. Not someone whose work I collect but I know she's well liked by others.

Mike Golden - leaving aside the "issues" involving Mike and fans, he is one of the most influential and recognised creative talents in the industry (Art Adams, Jason Pearson and many others all credit Mike Golden as their main influence). Check the Supanova profile where you'll see his credits on Micronauts, Batman Family, The Nam, Dr. Strange, etc. He co-created Rogue.

Nen - is a talented creator/illustrator who has worked in various fields (comics, trading cards etc.)industry. See previous posts in this thread for images of her work.

Ben hasn't lived in Australia for at least the past 10 years and hasn't been back in a few years so he could hardly be described as a local
OH cool. Well, sounds good to me. The more the merrier I say. I'll cross my fingers in hopes to get something from Cheung and McKone from that list.

OH, by the way, did you hear that there are these 2 awesome vodcasters that might get a table in the future…I think their show is called something like 'The [InsertNameHere] Vodcast Show'. hahahahahaha, just fooling around.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #67
Royd
Producer
Producer

Love to see you and Ken get a table there! Or get media status and do some interviews with the creators? Others (Liam) do this with the guests!

Quote:
OH cool. Well, sounds good to me. The more the merrier I say. I'll cross my fingers in hopes to get something from Cheung and McKone from that list.

OH, by the way, did you hear that there are these 2 awesome vodcasters that might get a table in the future…I think their show is called something like 'The [InsertNameHere] Vodcast Show'. hahahahahaha, just fooling around.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #68
Peasant

Quote:
Love to see you and Ken get a table there! Or get media status and do some interviews with the creators? Others (Liam) do this with the guests!
yeah, the Media passes is something I"ll have to look into. We definitely do want to get to a point where we're interviewing artists and all.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #69
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Royd, I think everything you're saying is very fair. Maybe..just maaayyybbeee it's a little different from a POV of a person on the other side of the table? I dunno…that's just me thinking is all.
Needless to say, I for one, am hoping we have an awesome line up! Last year….OCC was by far amazing. Supanova had great names, but pity the amount of work that were produced…and Armageddon…lets not get into that. But hey, we're in the start of a new year…and I say, "LET THE CON SEASON BEGIN!!!!"
You just reminded me to send a message to Brent Anderson to find out what the status of my sketch is.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #70
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Don't worry, Royd, we have you covered, we're planning a "Shanna! Heavily Important Topic" appreciation show with you as a guest soon.
(hm, that doesn't abbreviate very well...)
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote