Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 02:26 AM   #61
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Fine, let's move on lest we need to close another thread.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 AM   #62
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Don't think this is the Akuma revisit, too big for it. IF its Akuma it's a 1/3 scale and I'm all in. Xerses could be from the dimensions.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:33 AM   #63
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Technically you could close it, this thread was created for a piece that does not exist. That or you could change the title?

Chris
Old 04-07-2014, 02:43 AM   #64
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Technically you could close it, this thread was created for a piece that does not exist. That or you could change the title?

Chris
So is this thread basically discussing the same thing that is being discussed here:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=143760

If that's the case, then I think we can close this one ?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:49 AM   #65
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
So is this thread basically discussing the same thing that is being discussed here:

If that's the case, then I think we can close this one ?
Ya pretty much...

Chris
Old 04-07-2014, 02:50 AM   #66
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Nidgit- last thing I'll say repectfully in response to Chris, We won't hijack thread any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
And therein lies the problem. Evolution is not a belief, it's a proven fact. There are literally mountains of evidence for it. We've know this for decades, it's even been reproduced in a lab with fruit flies.

Atheism is NOT a belief "system" as religions are. It's the rational to understand that information is always changing and being updated. It's the rejections of gods and deities because they are not logically sound or needed for the observable universe.

The majority of people's inability to understand basic science is not an argument for the existence of god. When there is evidence to support a hypothesis, it does not become a belief, it becomes a fact.

The education system in North America does a good job of confusing the hell out of kids and lazy adults. All in an effort to protect ancient bronze aged myths taught as truth and drilled into people's daily lives as tradition. People these days really have to go out of their way and sift through a lot of BS to get access to accurate information. You must have a tenacious and curious personality if you really want to inform yourself. Most people these days have the attention span of a hamster. Which is why most have problems even understanding the definition for things, let alone fully comprehending information and facts.

This is a topic I really enjoy talking and debating on. I've studied sciences and religion for years, so if need be I could really dig deep with this. But this isn't the forum for it. I just wanted to correct a very common response I hear which you made in your post.

I'll end by saying always question everything, train your brain to learn and unlearn. Which for some is the hardest thing they will ever do.

Chris
I'm not arguing against whether evolution itself exists or not I'm referring to the "belief" that evolution created us when there was nothing.

Isn't it possible evolution is one of God's many tools?

Also none of us were in exsistance when man first walked the earth, so how can anyone factually claim it was evolution all by it's lonesome, when it can't FULLY proven?

I ask in earnest and sincerity. Doesn't it HAVE to be belief, since you weren't there to witness it first hand? No one on earth today was. You believe it to be true, I'm not calling atheism a religion. I'm not calling it a belief "system" I'm just saying it's your belief, true or not.

Listen, I'm not knocking your "belief" because you believe evolution was our creation. I just don't understand people have to be so ugly with each other.

And if that wasn't your intent then fine.

Like I said, I grew up Christian, my dad's VERY religious, but the past 6 or so years have made me think otherwise and I don't know that I really,fully believe anymore.

I don't know the ins and outs of religion, but I know my dad could talk just about anyone under the table as far as religions go, and let me tell you, he's VERY convincing. Just like some atheists probably are.

I find this fascinating because I truly fell I'm stuck between both worlds and don't know what I believe. I had decided to walk my own path and figure put my own beliefs instead of what was forced on me as I kid growing up. Actually forced really Isn't the right word, just what was instilled in me.

I have no problem with you or any other people who are atheist, or religous.

I just don't care for the ugliness. That's all. I see it as everyone's trying to figure out why where here and I don't think anyone know 100% for sure.

....Maybe 97%.....lol
Old 04-07-2014, 02:52 AM   #67
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
That's all I'll say Nidgit. Your right this isn't th place for it. Just respectful banter.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:55 AM   #68
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Closing this thread. Refer to this other thread:

Closed Thread