Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-09-2017, 07:15 AM   #61
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Was stripes not on the show as well? no pictures of him on SF and I am sure I saw him
You probably saw the Trick or Treat Studios puppets they had there

allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:26 AM   #62
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allosaur176 View Post

Thanks, yeah thats him still a great stripes replica but I hope steve makes him as well.

but I Always wonder about something, what would happen if gizmo turns gremlin, how would he look would love too see steve's vision of a turned gizmo someday, like he did on the predator!!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:30 AM   #63
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I get what you mean but this one may "not feel good money wise" either once the price is revealed. That's why I'm anxious.

Not saying this Mohawk will be but I think the bigger pieces are easier to paintup than the smaller pieces with little room for error. More sprays possible, bigger lines, small warps and cast errors less visible or eaier to repair. ECC's busts have always been cheaper than the maquettes for a reason.

Well NECA's Spider Gremlin at least showed popularity for the creature. I think Medusa proved ECC loves producing outlandish items.

Wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea of course but someone could have told me 2 days ago that ECC was making a Mohawk and it wouldn't have even registered on my radar.
I get what you mean with the price, I really hope like azure said before for a 2k pricetag but I understand its wishfull thinking.

and I also understand the price on bigger pieces like spider gremlin, I hope they make it possible for us collectors. not sure if I buy spider if I have this one TBH
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #64
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I really feel like ECC is experimenting how far they can push the market. I mean as pricing goes. At one side it's great, because we really can see the full potential of a mass produced high end item such as this, but on the other hand as I stated before for this amount of money you can commission an artist to do something for you exclusively. I'm not saying that to be a mogwai, but something. And that is the point when it turns a bit irrational imo.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #65
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
I really feel like ECC is experimenting how far they can push the market. I mean as pricing goes. At one side it's great, because we really can see the full potential of a mass produced high end item such as this, but on the other hand as I stated before for this amount of money you can commission an artist to do something for you exclusively. I'm not saying that to be a mogwai, but something. And that is the point when it turns a bit irrational imo.
I know what your saying but I don't think a private commission would be any better quality wise that what Ecc puts out for production and they'd certainly cost many times what Ecc pieces retail for (like say if you got medusa or equivalent privately commissioned that would cost a fortune). In fact that's why I like Ecc so much, that they offer private commission quality for relatively affordable prices.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #66
pacino
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:

Those are badass!
pacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #67
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I know what your saying but I don't think a private commission would be any better quality wise that what Ecc puts out for production and they'd certainly cost many times what Ecc pieces retail for (like say if you got medusa or equivalent privately commissioned that would cost a fortune). In fact that's why I like Ecc so much, that they offer private commission quality for relatively affordable prices.
Oh, yes absolutely. That is why I said - maybe I just didn't express myself well enough - I didn't mean to commission such complex characters. Yes something much more simple. Maybe even unpainted.
What I meant was I (personally) would rather give this huge chunk of money to an artist to do something for me and not a company. There is no doubt about the absolute, pair to none quality ECC does. At the moment they are the best.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #68
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:

very curious if these will look this good. I'm a bigger fan of the first film designs than the second. I would definitely consider these. As cool as Mohawk is, I don't think he's a character I'd drop huge coin on. I'd be more likely to pay the big price tag on Gizmo.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #69
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
well....their Hulk was just about $3k and a couple hundred got that guy. Medusa and Rosenburg are very niche characters and they were still able to sell hundreds of those as well. Nobody else does what they do, and even though the price is high, I feel it is usually justified for what you get.

I also agree what was said earlier, no way would a commission on this level even be remotely close to the price ECC is offering these at.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #70
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
very curious if these will look this good. I'm a bigger fan of the first film designs than the second. I would definitely consider these. As cool as Mohawk is, I don't think he's a character I'd drop huge coin on. I'd be more likely to pay the big price tag on Gizmo.
Well Trick or Treat Studios is selling these for $200 so I just can't see it getting to me looking like that. MAYBE if it were a big company like NECA but even NECA's Gremlins from a few years ago didn't look as good as what Trick or Treat shows here.

Their Gizmo seems meh, and inconsistent in reviews: some meh some okay. A buddy of mine has one but hasn't shown me in person yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN7OYlhwnCs

But yeah as outstanding as this Mohawk is I'll much prefer Trick Or Treat quality as shown for the price.
Good prototypes are getting more and more common.

I can't pinpoint what I don't like about ECC's Gizmo just don't want it.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote