Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 07-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #61
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
When we thought Prime 1 were involved, I'd have been fairly confident that it would have been close, certainly good enough. With coolprops running the show, I simply don't know. But this and the bust are clearly passion products, and with their relationship with the Giger museum, these could make their reputation if they get them right. You'd hope they will do everything they can to absolutely nail the production pieces. Here's to hoping anyway...
I'll drink to that. Cheers!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #62
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Only question is how long we have to wait before we can preorder.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #63
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think it's my favourite piece of the show
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #64
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Pretty close but not good enough
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:23 AM   #65
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Right, so they likely aren't working on a second Big chap. We know they are involved with the Dog so far. Shame they are not involved with the main one. I guess Coolprops had the Giger museum as help which is as good as it gets. Let''s hope they do at least use Prime 1's factory for production.
No, Prime 1 ARE working on a different Big Chap. They are doing one of each Alien in 1/3 scale. This is just something else that Coolprops decided to make on their own. Since Kelvin said Prime 1 are not involved in this piece I'd say this won't be produced in the Prime 1 factory.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:10 AM   #66
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Pretty close but not good enough

Out of interest, what exactly do you think should be more accurate? After seeing better pictures, this is by far the closest we've ever seen a collectible get to the real thing. I agree that a few minor tweaks could be made (inner mouth teeth, lower rib joint, some tube positioning etc) But I mean this is probably as close to perfect as it gets imo in terms of accuracy..

I can't say I love the base, although I get why they did it if they wanted to make a miniature version of the real prop. I think shrinking it slightly, and adding some Nostromo style floor grating would finish this off nicely myself. But the big guy himself is great...

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #67
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
So I made a few comparison pictures between this and the real suit. The angles aren't perfectly lined up, but it's close enough to show that this thing is very.... Very good.

I really like this piece displayed so it can be seen side on, it's like a skeleton on display in a science lab, it's very clinical.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:16 AM   #68
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Out of interest, what exactly do you think should be more accurate?
Not sure what Giger statues he's buying if this one "isn't good enough". There are no licensed Alien statues that can compare to this in accuracy.

The final product finish is another story. I haven't been impressed with CoolProps in that regard so far. There's a lot on the P2 bust that should have been sanded/smoothed-out, and though it looks fantastic from a distance, the paint app doesn't have very much depth.

I do not regret buying it at all though, and will hopefully be picking this up as well.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:45 AM   #69
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

The side by side comparisons really highlight the accuracy. I prefer elaborate bases and crazy poses, so I'm waiting on the Prime 1 piece which I hope will be revealed at Wonderfest. But this looks like it will be a great piece for those who prefer a museum type pose. I hope Coolprops can come through with top notch QC for this and the 1:1 Big Chap bust. Having now seen all four of the lifesize Alien busts that they've released, they're a very mixed bag.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #70
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Not sure what Giger statues he's buying if this one "isn't good enough". There are no licensed Alien statues that can compare to this in accuracy.

The final product finish is another story. I haven't been impressed with CoolProps in that regard so far. There's a lot on the P2 bust that should have been sanded/smoothed-out, and though it looks fantastic from a distance, the paint app doesn't have very much depth.

I do not regret buying it at all though, and will hopefully be picking this up as well.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything unlicensed that's more accurate either. I adore the Sano items, but this is easily better in terms of accuracy. I agree CP are a very mixed bag in terms of production quality, I have worries myself. I really hope they can really nail these as I'm sure we'll be paying big money to get one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
The side by side comparisons really highlight the accuracy. I prefer elaborate bases and crazy poses, so I'm waiting on the Prime 1 piece which I hope will be revealed at Wonderfest. But this looks like it will be a great piece for those who prefer a museum type pose. I hope Coolprops can come through with top notch QC for this and the 1:1 Big Chap bust. Having now seen all four of the lifesize Alien busts that they've released, they're a very mixed bag.

As much as I love this thing for it's sheer accuracy and pedigree (Giger museum backing) I'm really excited to see what P1 can offer also. There's certainly room for two high end Big chaps on the market. Especially with one being a prop look, and the other hopefully having a little more of an on screen, living look. Good times for all....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote