Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #61
Kingslayer
Doh!

I`m really disappointed about this statue. P1 said a while ago they will make her as a diorama with the egg sac, based on the movie. Instead they now showed a comic version with an unnecessary big and cluttered base which distracts attention away from the Queen.
They also failed on the proportions. The Queen (at least in the 1986 movie) is usually only twice as big as a Warrior, not 3-4 times as big like here. The head/crown is also disproportionally large in relation to her torso. Neck is also a bit too long.
And worst of all: The rod. In this day and age if a statue needs a rod, to me this is a sign of bad design and engineering. Why not make 3 instead of 2 points of contact between statue and base. Her left arm is quite near the struture on the base, so why not connect both, like she is propping up on it.
Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:24 AM   #62
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
I`m really disappointed about this statue. P1 said a while ago they will make her as a diorama with the egg sac, based on the movie. Instead they now showed a comic version with an unnecessary big and cluttered base which distracts attention away from the Queen.
They also failed on the proportions. The Queen (at least in the 1986 movie) is usually only twice as big as a Warrior, not 3-4 times as big like here. The head/crown is also disproportionally large in relation to her torso. Neck is also a bit too long.
And worst of all: The rod. In this day and age if a statue needs a rod, to me this is a sign of bad design and engineering. Why not make 3 instead of 2 points of contact between statue and base. Her left arm is quite near the struture on the base, so why not connect both, like she is propping up on it.
I can only second Your thoughts. It looks like they rushed this thing to get it done for the show.

It seems they just reused all the eggs and facehuggers and Alien Warriors from the 1/3 scale statue. Even though they are not really needed and just cluster all up. Surely it does tell the tale of the comic and it is very organic and dynamic, but in that scale, which is by the way 1/6 as the the picture with the one guy standing next to it makes the Warrior Alien seem to be exactly like the Hot Toys Warrior in tallness, it is a real estate killer.

About the proportions, it should be the comic line Alien Queen, so there is no need for movie accuracy. As a few people here figured already out, P1 only has a comic license for Aliens and Predators. Most likely it´s written in the stars if they ever do a movie accurate one. Well, maybe CoolProps does that then.

About Your comment of the arm, that could hold or grab on the structure next to her: DAMN why did they not to that??? It would make perfect sense. In pose and static and as well in story telling, as that one appears to be so important to them. A bit of a facepalm moment here.

Let´s hope this is not the last Queen Alien we can choose from.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:27 AM   #63
SDguy

Quote:
And worst of all: The rod. In this day and age if a statue needs a rod, to me this is a sign of bad design and engineering. Why not make 3 instead of 2 points of contact between statue and base. Her left arm is quite near the structure on the base, so why not connect both, like she is propping up on it.
At that point it would have the exact same pose as the new SS piece.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #64
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
At that point it would have the exact same pose as the new SS piece.
True, but at that point it would´nt matter anymore. The two products are so close and it seems nobody can make a unique Alien Queen pose by now, so who cares.

I´m not a fan of the SS queen and it´s inaccuracies and tiny Warriors, but it is less crowded and clustered.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #65
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #66
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Pics by Stephen Lee (Whiplash Collectors):

I'm guessing the Queen needs the support rod to support the weight of it's head...….
Old 02-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #67
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #68
Python
Omega Red

I must admit, the more I look at this one, the more things I see that I don't love. They clearly didn't listen to the feedback on the Sideshow version either (Which I think is actually better) This one has tiny warriors also. Doesn't matter anyway as I never would have bought it with a base this unnecessarily large...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:55 PM   #69
toty21
The Avengers

I actually think it looks pretty good, except for the metal rod holding her up. I feel they should have found a way to engineer her without the need for it. Also based on what I have read on FB, this is not the Aliens Queen from the movie, but rather the Aliens Rogue #4 queen which is why the base is a diorama that goes with the Rogue Alien diorama. So technically drone size accuracy in reference to the queen is not driven by the movie, but rather the comic I believe.
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:10 AM   #70
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I think a lot of collectors would prefer the Alien Queen from the movies, not the comics, so it will be interesting to see how this sells...…...