Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #61
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Looks like they've already made some unattractive changes to this statue. The base color (especially the green) looks awful now. The suit was a really gorgeous matte purple and now it looks semi-glossy. But, this whip change really pisses me off. It now looks super thin and cheap. This is exactly the kind of thing that pisses me off about this company. They show you a prototype, put it up for PO, take people's money in NRDs, and then make cosmetic changes after the fact, that are always for the worst.

I'm glad I didn't PO this.

For you from the PO pictures, was always green. Your pictures have very different lightning and angles. One fast from an video and the other with gallery light.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:04 AM   #62
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
For you from the PO pictures, was always green. Your pictures have very different lightning and angles. One fast from an video and the other with gallery light.

That is fine, lighting may be the reason for the green looking different. But it certainly doesn't account for the glossy suit color or the (very) obvious change to the whip. And these aren't my pics, they are pics that XM themselves posted on Facebook.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:45 AM   #63
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Someone forgot to apply gravity to the whip's wrist strap when altering it. Looks very odd to have it straight out and not hanging anymore.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:53 AM   #64
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Yeah, if that is what we are getting I will probably lose my NRD and cancel. Looks very different from the proto. Less jewelry, less substantial whip, thickness and length and looks cheaper for sure. The suit is very glossy now too. UGH

Since I already have it on PO I will wait and see, but this new picture is not giving me any good feelings about it.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:51 AM   #65
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Someone forgot to apply gravity to the whip's wrist strap when altering it. Looks very odd to have it straight out and not hanging anymore.
They did the same thing to the creature's tongue on Angelus. I'm getting really tired of these changes they keep making after pre-order has gone up. They also altered the jewels on Angelus' horns AFTER the fact.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote