Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #61
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
I think you are confused. Phase 4 is Bowen. This is Gentle Giant we are talking about here.
pabs is confused? no way

lol
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #62
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze View Post
With the announcement of phase 4...are you still done???
D@mn dude! get with the program

Quote:
I think you are confused. Phase 4 is Bowen. This is Gentle Giant we are talking about here.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #63
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

The clone troopers were way over the top. No explanation was given for why all of these colour markings and ranksings were lost in the transition between ROTS & ANH.

It seems to me that Gentle Giant are totally trying extract as much as they can from the loyal SW collector before the licence runs out. Doing whatever they can to drum up interest. But I think that it is a fairly well established fact that a company seriously pi$$es people off with low-run, impossible to obtain exclusives.
I have never, ever understood the rationale for creating low run, virtually impossible to obtain by any normal means exclusives. Anybody who can justify this please go ahead.

As I said I am only a casual observer of all things Gentle Giant. I do like the animated maquette line from a cute perspective. I had the Boba Fett statue, as well as the Biker Scout on bike statue. The latter was of very dubious quality.
I noticed they are now soliciting a Senate Guard Statue, which made me yawn. Seriosuly who is still buying this stuff? I canot believe that anyone other than a copletist would want it. It looks exactly like the Emperors Guard satue that was released a while back.
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #64
kingdomhearts
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Pab is confused?

I think he was drunk while posting that message
kingdomhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #65
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze View Post
With the announcement of phase 4...are you still done???
Strangely enough, yes I am still done with Gentle Giant.

I'll be buying statues from Bowen Phase 4 instead.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 AM   #66
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I used to be focused solely on GG SW maquettes and mini busts...but now I'm not only buying non SW items but also more and more Non GG items and less GG. I haven't stopped collecting GG fully, if I see a bust I want I'll get it, but lately I have really cut back to collect bowen and SS stuff.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #67
RodLonghi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib fortuna View Post
this was a really good explaination to the whole story jet_force , I am not a completist at all , I love Star Wars and just collect what I like and most of the time what I like shows up by Gentle Giant and I may say one thing that it is better to have terrible customer service and real good products for my taste by Gentle Giant than having the perfect customer service of Sideshow for their strange cotton dolls ,

creating link between the hate to Gentle Giant and losing interest in Star Wars was the eyecatching statement in this whole thread and I think it is a totally different story , anyway if you love Star Wars you simply love it , if you are losing your interest because the exclusives of Gentle Giant then it means you have never really been that far...
My thoughts also, just buy what you like, I don't care for their customer service, never dealt with them directly... as long as the quality is good (and they are the best IMO) and the prices are reasonable, I'll keep on buying.
RodLonghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #68
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

I hate Gentle Giant.
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote