Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #61
lockford88
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticrour View Post
If people get their items after they left you negative, can't lockford88 communicate with buyer and Ebay to mutually lift that negative feedback?

And when you send items out, you should always include tracking number. That tracking number has the date you SENT and the date it was RECIEVED.

Unless you're sending it out late, whihc the tracking number also shows.

I understand a negative here and there, but to constantly get complaints and negatives, it's got to be something the seller is doing wrong.

it is not that simple bro. in a perfect world...yeah it would work like that. unfortunately you can no longer get the negatives removed from ebay as they did away with the withdrawl process as well. another genius move to ebay...

as far as tracking numbers go...i shipped all of my packages through paypal shipping so not only were the buyers emailed with tracking...but the tracking is also available under the order details section of the ebay auction for the item. crystal clear as day for them to view. yet for some reason...a small percentage of the people in the world are completely stupid and should not have the power to think for themselves...so they just neg you before contacting you about anything. or they dont check their spam folder. or they dont read the auction terms.

i stopped shipping to outside the us, uk, and canada a while back due to the whole unconfirmed address/paypal non coverage issue...the first thing in my auction in big bold 18 size red lettering statued this very fact. so what happens? i get someone from indonesia buy my item.....pay with paypal. i refund it. tell them i cannot ship to their country as stated in the first sentence of my listing. they neg me. how is that right?

or i put my shipping crystal clear as day in both the listing terms...and on the shipping section. i get negged or a "neutral" (which is now counted as a negative...another genius move ebay) stating high shpping or something along those lines. yet they saw it. 2 times...before they clicked the buy it now...yet they still are unhappy.

also remember....i was selling hundreds of things a month. it was not just a casual thing for me...regardless...anyone who has experienced any of the drama...will know what i am talking about. but there will always be those who think that it cannot happen to them. i thought that way at one point...i was selling 8-15 thousand a month...95% of it went through paypal...had a 98% rating over 12 years.....yet it happened....
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #62
lockford88
The Riddler

i did speak with someone at paypal. so did my mother and girlfriend regarding their accounts. they assured my mother her limited account access would be set back to normal when she supplied her SS# and supplied the tracking on 3 items she had sold that had ben paid through paypal (less then 10 hours earlier)...she did...next day she was told through an email that her account is closed...no chance for appeals...and they are holding her funds for 180 days....due to "high risk"....currently holding over 2800 of her money now...

as with mine and my girlfriends accounts...they were closed for no reason but we had no money in there so they arent holding any of the funds.once again...due to "high risk" and "suspicious activities"
Old 08-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #63
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

shipping package through paypal just shows the buyer that you've printed the shipping lable that day. That said, do you also ship the same day? Some sellers will print the lable a certain day, but doesn't drop off the package at the post office until days or weeks later.

As for not selling items outside of the country, you can set your e-bay auctions to prevent. Not just have a description saying no outside bidders or USA bidders only. You can set the auction where the EBay system will prevent bidders outside the country to even place a bid. You can't blame EBay for that part.

Lets hope your account gets back to active. Worse case, you can apply for another account with a different credit card, address, etc.
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #64
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockford88 View Post
i did speak with someone at paypal. so did my mother and girlfriend regarding their accounts. they assured my mother her limited account access would be set back to normal when she supplied her SS# and supplied the tracking on 3 items she had sold that had ben paid through paypal (less then 10 hours earlier)...she did...next day she was told through an email that her account is closed...no chance for appeals...and they are holding her funds for 180 days....due to "high risk"....currently holding over 2800 of her money now...

as with mine and my girlfriends accounts...they were closed for no reason but we had no money in there so they arent holding any of the funds.once again...due to "high risk" and "suspicious activities"
as i said i wouldnt even pay attention to emails on something like this. As i'd hope nobody would accept email communication about a CC issue or a banking issue i wouldnt accept it here either. Phone only and be persistant and im sure you'll see results. The people who operate the email sections of companies are usually, obviously, half way around the world, and are following a guideline and only spit out canned responses. It all depends about how determined you are to get it resolved.

Likewise another thing you can do is waste an hour and post your experiences in detail over at the paypal boards. Smear a companies name enough and they'll either make the thread go away or, if someone competent is watching, they'll contact you hoping to help you resolve the issues.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #65
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sorry to see this this happening to you lockford88. I got my favorite statue from you. We met in Marlboro, NJ and i got the Kongzilla from you.
Amazon still collects tax for NYS purchases. I picked up my Adam Warlock Modern statue from a google/ yahoo (i forgot) storefront. I had no issues.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #66
pppccclll
The Herculoids

what's interesting, i sold an item to a buyer with insurance AND tracking. i get a buyer dispute a few weeks later with the buyer claiming he never received the item. immediately, funds were taken from my paypal account equal to the amount that the disputed item sold for which left my account in the negatives since i always withdrawal my money from paypal asap. the kicker was that i called paypal, gave them the tracking number which PROVED the item was delivered and it still took weeks to get my money back after an "investigation". it was probably the buyer just didn't like what he bought and felt he should cause me trouble. douchebag. wayy to easy for the buyer to disrupt a transaction for no good reason.
pppccclll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #67
lockford88
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticrour View Post
shipping package through paypal just shows the buyer that you've printed the shipping lable that day. That said, do you also ship the same day? Some sellers will print the lable a certain day, but doesn't drop off the package at the post office until days or weeks later.

As for not selling items outside of the country, you can set your e-bay auctions to prevent. Not just have a description saying no outside bidders or USA bidders only. You can set the auction where the EBay system will prevent bidders outside the country to even place a bid. You can't blame EBay for that part.

Lets hope your account gets back to active. Worse case, you can apply for another account with a different credit card, address, etc.

yeah when i print up the labels i ship em either that same day or drop it off the following morning. depends on when i print em up. sometimes i do it at night and obviously i can't drop it off at 9 pm. as for blocking the buyers from other countries, i do that...there are ways around it. they go on the us site and not the site for their country and they bid through that. believe me...i have been selling for 12 years. i am not new to any of this.....these people just dont pay attention or dont care. especially since buyers now have no responsibilities anymore...the first month that sellers were no longer able to leave negs....i had 9 non paying bidders...3 on really high priced items. sideshow cap exclusive, gentle giant commander 5 pk busts, and neyo bust. the rest were just little things...busts and figures...once again. no responsibilities......and i did file for the non paying bidders...they were still members afterwards...
Old 08-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #68
parasite74
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
PayPal is the worst. A buddy of mine at work sells a lot of vintage sports cards and memorbilia. He just told me about this one earlier in the week.

Sold a lot of a couple hundred vintage cards to a lady about a month ago. When she got them, she emailed complaining that some of the cards were not in the condition advertised and she wanted her money back. So, he starts snooping around her account and finds that she has some of the key cards that were in the lot for sale individually! He emails back saying no refund, you are already reselling all of the expensive cards that you complained to me about. She files a PayPal claim and, of course, they refund her money, even though he sent them the links to all of her auctions. Sure enough, he gets the cards back a few weeks later and ALL of the good cards are missing. He calls PP and they basically say there is nothing they can do. He calls back a few more times and finally get a "manager" on the line who simply asks him what he thinks the missing cards are worth. A few minutes later the money is back in his account, lol. Who runs a business like this??? This scammer got a full refund, kept all the high-end cards and then resold them. My buddy gets his money back and doesn't have to show any proof whatsoever of what the cards missing were worth. Just goes to show they have no "rules" they just do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like.
Glad to hear your buddy got his money back, but your right that paypal is a joke.
parasite74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:07 AM   #69
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah. I have to agree. The sellers not being able to leave negative feedback is not fair at all. Ebay needs to fix that. People just places bid for the fun of it and not pay. And not have to worry about getting a negative feedback. How can that be fair at all?
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #70
perfusin
The Spirit

I have been using ebay and paypal for ever and really have not had any problems. In fact they were both helpful with people trying to rip me off. I think they are both great to deal with.
perfusin is offline   Reply With Quote