Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 04-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #61
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Due to budget concerns I was going to pass, but this is a Clayburn Moore sculpt afterall, so I got it anyway. I have all the faith in the statue collecting world that this will be a home-run. I too was disappointed that the changes had to be made from the original artwork, but... In Clay I trust!
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #62
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Got my order in today by the way. There wasn't something separate we needed to do to get Clay's autograph if we're pre-ordering was there?
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #63
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchKing73 View Post
Sculpture looks great. Yet in this these wallet tightening times, I'm probably gonna have to pass on this one right now.

Totally understand the explanations why the piece couldn't be pulled off like the picture, but at least for me, some of the "cheese" in the cheesecake was lost in the translation of mediums. The whole appeal in the first place was that playful rift off the classic Coopertone image. Instead of a "Wait! Stop, young woman." Now it just kinda comes off as a cat tryin' to catch a wiff. It actually kinda becomes more pervy the more I think about it. Sigh...
This piece is no less sexy than A IX. You're phrasing is pretty disgusting, and you're missing the point: what is the effect if a very large cat has his head under the skirt holding onto the adult woman's UNDERWEAR, FGS? Use your head, please. I'll stand by the decisions I made.
CSM
Clayburn S Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #64
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
Well Shelley. I would say that we agree... Clay is just amazing and I look forward to seeing every single piece that he touches more than any other sculptor out there. JUst when I think he can't get any better, he picks up some sculpey and proves me wrong... every time.

This is an amazing sculpt and will do amazingly well for you fine folks...
And thanks for this post, Keith and the other positive ones. Much appreciated. You're doing some really nice work, btw! Congratulations!

Clay
Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #65
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayburn S Moore View Post
This piece is no less sexy than A IX. You're phrasing is pretty disgusting, and you're missing the point: what is the effect if a very large cat has his head under the skirt holding onto the adult woman's UNDERWEAR, FGS? Use your head, please. I'll stand by the decisions I made.
CSM
I can understand the cat pulling the underwear change, but what about the top half of her body? Why was that change made? Just curious.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #66
CS_Moore_Svc
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
Got my order in today by the way. There wasn't something separate we needed to do to get Clay's autograph if we're pre-ordering was there?
No, you're all set! Orders placed direct with csmoorestudio.com get the statue signed if ordered before the item is in stock (does not apply to retailer orders.)
CS_Moore_Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #67
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I can understand the cat pulling the underwear change, but what about the top half of her body? Why was that change made? Just curious.
She Dragon had her hand over her breast and Suzi is topless. Enough of the topless for awhile. I wanted to sculpt this as a piece that women would think was nice and that people could display more comfortably in their homes. The piece seemed sexy without exposing the breasts.
Nudity has its place in art, but this piece works well without it.
CSM
Old 04-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #68
alihoops
Frackin!

is there a production run on the statue ??
alihoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #69
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayburn S Moore View Post
I wanted to sculpt this as a piece that women would think was nice and that people could display more comfortably in their homes.
CSM

Clay, thanks for the kind words... coming from you, it just spurs me on to continue to grow.

As to your comments about women thinking your work is nice too. I think that it is safe to say that so many women out there appreciate your work just as much as the guys do. Every female that has seen the statues I have in my collection always gravitate to your work first... Right out of the gate they are amazed at how fluid and beautiful the lines are. To me that says a lot about the quality of your amazing work.

I think the changes that you have made were easy to understand. Far better to capture the spirit of the 2D art than be forced to render it in 3d where it won't always translate.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #70
Davidian
Omega Flight

Got my order in! Can't miss out on anything Clay puts out anymore! Wish I would have got into this hobby sooner. Awesome job Clay! Missed you at ECCC this year, hope you come back again.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote