Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 02-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #61
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

From what I read on the Nautilussubmarine.com forum the couch included is accurate to the original Disney drawings but was changed to what is seen in the movie for whatever reason.
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #62
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rga321 View Post
Without a doubt it's worth it. The weight of it is very impressive and the inner detail is really nice. I have considered getting one more but probably won't, it's my favorite piece by far!
Thanks, I've put an order in, should be arriving in March.

It's an odd thing with these Nautili models, interest seems confined to a few ardent fans so the models don't get talked about much, and yet they're highly prized as collectors items and rarely come up for sale on eBay etc. Even the MR edition (which I bought at a discount from the Disney Store) is not easy to find now, and the 50th Anniversary is like gold dust. I guess the quantity of 300 units produced for this one seems about right.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #63
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The guy did some awesome weathering on what was already a pretty cool looking piece, very realistic, if I owned this piece might seriously consider sending it to him. Agreed Robo. I've thought the same about some collectibles that nobody EVER talks about yet you never see them anywhere for sale, they're in the hands of true fans I guess.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #64
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Well sad to say I received my Nautilus and it's going straight back. I thought the quality was just awful on mine. The salon domes were fitted unequally, so that one was bulging out far more than the other, the tail fin was ridiculously twisted and warped - a good 10 degrees out of true with the hull - and the raker arch piece didn't fit at all - it was completely the wrong shape!

Maybe if you had somebody like Nautilus Drydocks available to work on the sub they could fix these issues (though even he would struggle with that badly twisted tail) but out of the box this is really badly made, and not worth the price. At least to judge by this example - others may be luckier.

The search for a decent Nautilus replica continues...
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote