Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #691
Faken
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
You can clearly see the mesh.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/PMESH.jpg

The Stan Winston Effect Book, page 103, and you will see the mesh right there.

(Provided by boardmember).
*sigh* I was just sent a PM pointing me to this... yes, on page 103 there is that shot. Unfortunately whoever sent you that didn't mention that that is the photo taken when the heads were completed but BEFORE the complete suit was done and BEFORE they changed the lenses to a stiffer plastic with no mesh. If you turn to page 104 and 105, you will see the complete suit in test photos with the P1 and Gort style masks, both with the new lenses with no mesh.

The entire mesh discussion was discussed with me, Steve Wang and Jamie Vierra in 2003 or so (and again Steve Wang himself admitted he wasn't sure because it was so long ago).

You will also notice the cannon on page 104, and this BEFORE it was shipped to Mexico for filming, so before it was "blown up" and you can still see it's clearly different than the HCG piece. In particular, look at the barrel and rounded plasma area at the back.

Thanks for mentioning the book, I should have referenced it before as I assume this material is gospel right? You can also check out the special edition DVD of P1 and look at the extras. There is great footage of the SWS guys fitting Kevin in the suit on set in Mexico and be sure to pause when they zoom in on the helmet! Yep.. no mesh there either!

As a couple of other people mentioned, this is a lose lose discussion, but as stated in the beginning, IT IS MY OPINION AND I FEEL FOR MYSELF that for the money, the piece should reflect what is seen on screen and should be able to stand as is on a shelf or display case. You can agree or a disagree, that's fine, but don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to screen accuracy.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #692
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Has the orders reached more than 500? I mean it wouldn't be fair for the other 500 to get unsigned pieces.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #693
HCG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This is exactly what I thought this would degenerate into, an "I know better than everyone else" thread.

So I just have one question for you Faken. In light of what John Rosengrant at SWS has said, are you saying he is a liar?

Yes or no answer please, its a simple enough question.

*sigh* I was just sent a PM pointing me to this... yes, on page 103 there is that shot. Unfortunately whoever sent you that didn't mention that that is the photo taken when the heads were completed but BEFORE the complete suit was done and BEFORE they changed the lenses to a stiffer plastic with no mesh. If you turn to page 104 and 105, you will see the complete suit in test photos with the P1 and Gort style masks, both with the new lenses with no mesh.

The entire mesh discussion was discussed with me, Steve Wang and Jamie Vierra in 2003 or so (and again Steve Wang himself admitted he wasn't sure because it was so long ago).

You will also notice the cannon on page 104, and this BEFORE it was shipped to Mexico for filming, so before it was "blown up" and you can still see it's clearly different than the HCG piece. In particular, look at the barrel and rounded plasma area at the back.

Thanks for mentioning the book, I should have referenced it before as I assume this material is gospel right? You can also check out the special edition DVD of P1 and look at the extras. There is great footage of the SWS guys fitting Kevin in the suit on set in Mexico and be sure to pause when they zoom in on the helmet! Yep.. no mesh there either!

As a couple of other people mentioned, this is a lose lose discussion, but as stated in the beginning, IT IS MY OPINION AND I FEEL FOR MYSELF that for the money, the piece should reflect what is seen on screen and should be able to stand as is on a shelf or display case. You can agree or a disagree, that's fine, but don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to screen accuracy.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #694
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Would Faken and HCG please take this discussion to PM? This whole screen accuracy thing and who knows what is becoming tiresome. Everyone is name dropping names of people we have no clue who they are so to quote Shania Twain, "it don't impress me much".

These same types of arguments occured in the Cinemaquette arena and just ends up bad.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 08-06-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #695
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCG View Post
I didn't deal with it directly. That was what I was told. However there were 2 boxes of 500 each, and I subsequently found only one box had been signed.

Mark
Ah cool thanks for the reply mark
Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #696
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

i knowwwwwwwwwww # 3 didnt just quote shania twain!

what is this world coming tooooooooooooo! lmao
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #697
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

yeah guys like # 3 said take it to pm

neither one of you will change the others mind...it makse no sense to argue about it back and forth on here...

thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #698
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just to try and put and end to the mesh no mesh debate, I took these screen grabs a while ago straight from the dvd for my own reference. I`ll let you make up your own mind but to me there seems to be at least some sort of mesh.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #699
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

You can certainly see the mesh in the top photo. Also it might come out clearer on the Blu Ray. Thanks of the pick El.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #700
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
You can certainly see the mesh in the top photo. Also it might come out clearer on the Blu Ray. Thanks of the pick El.
was thinking the same thing, and no prob
Closed Thread