Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #701
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I guess we will be seeing the Honey Trap line at this years SDCC? I just can't believe that nothing is happening after the entire line was featured last year.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #702
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hi Dreamwalker,

I was wondering if you can answer this question for me? I have an "Artists Proof" an unnumbered out of 500 GG Sucker Punch Babydoll statue that I just obtained. Can you give me a definitive answer of what an artist proof or unnumbered out of 500 means in regards to this particular statue?

Thanks!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #703
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Dreamwalker,

I was wondering if you can answer this question for me? I have an "Artists Proof" an unnumbered out of 500 GG Sucker Punch Babydoll statue that I just obtained. Can you give me a definitive answer of what an artist proof or unnumbered out of 500 means in regards to this particular statue?

Thanks!
Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking about rarity or value?

An unnumbered statue is most likely a manufacturing spare used to replace a damaged statue. The unnumbered statue got out by: didn't fill in number when replacing, accidentally got shipped to a reseller or GG decided to sell the spares. IMO, It's worth the same as a numbered statue unless you can find someone willing to shell out more for it. I haven't seen statue collectors get that excited in "errors" like sports cards and coin collectors do.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #704
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Im asking about what it means and why it's not numbered. Isnt it the same thing as an artists proof? Im asking dreamcatcher because Im sure he can give me a definitive answer in regards to GG items. Im told these can be samples given to artists. Both the card and the base are unnumbered to /500 pieces.
This is what Jerry Macaluso said in the pcs thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

There is no definitive answer. For some companies artist proofs literally mean early samples sent for approval...for other companies it can mean finished final product but unnumbered for delivery to the artists that worked on it and the licensor.

Some companies make 100 artist proofs, some make 5.

We tend to make ~15 and those go to our artists and licensor with a few held back to sell.

I would like a clear cut answer from Dreamcatcher though about this particular piece since it's a GG production statue.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #705
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

any chance of an update on when the Sucker Punch Samurai will be shipping...

Thanks
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #706
trekgate502
Doh!

Star Wars Chess Set

Hi Dreamwalker,
I've had the Star Wars Chess Set on backorder since mid last year I think. Still faithful till it finally ships, and I think it may have been years in the making - but - you all showed photos of it in production late last year, and since then there is no concrete information and the release date keeps slipping by month after month, now to June. Is there any information that can be shared about how close it really is, and if June is really firm, or if you can't answer that way, can you say what is going on or could I be re-asking this status question again at Christmas 2013? Appreciate any insight you can give on the product line! thanks
trekgate502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #707
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Can we get an answer if the R2-D2 deluxe statue has cancelled. Heard from others. BBTS has cancelled preorders stating that GG has camcelled the product.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #708
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Dreamwalker,

Thanks!
Darkhumor,

Ill PM you about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
any chance of an update on when the Sucker Punch Samurai will be shipping...

Thanks
Ill post the status

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekgate502 View Post
Hi Dreamwalker,
I've had the Star Wars Chess Set on backorder since mid last year I think. Still faithful till it finally ships, and I think it may have been years in the making - but - you all showed photos of it in production late last year, and since then there is no concrete information and the release date keeps slipping by month after month, now to June. Is there any information that can be shared about how close it really is, and if June is really firm, or if you can't answer that way, can you say what is going on or could I be re-asking this status question again at Christmas 2013? Appreciate any insight you can give on the product line! thanks
Hey Trekgate,

Its a very detailed piece that we wouldn't release till it met our standards. From the last time i spoke to the sales team it looks like it will be shipping out in June mid month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Can we get an answer if the R2-D2 deluxe statue has cancelled. Heard from others. BBTS has cancelled preorders stating that GG has camcelled the product.
The Current status is postponed, not cancelled .

Also here are the May Item status updates if you have not seen them yet:

[IMG][/IMG]
Dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #709
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Also in other news: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

We have some more Yoda with brown snake kenners available to pre-order once the second shipment comes in. Get them while you can guys
Dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #710
trekgate502
Doh!

SW Chess Set

Thanks Dreamwalker on the SW Chess Set news - I'm very excited! IF by chance in a blog update or on here, you all have any more "closer to the finish line" photos I think I & the 299? other preorders would love to see it in further development, your photo last year got me itching for it! thanks again in any event!
trekgate502 is offline   Reply With Quote