Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #701
nearmint
Phoenix

I hope you guys stayed for the after credits scene!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #702
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Sneaky I missed that. Would love to see a shot of all four of the pieces together! Joker wasn't in the shot.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #703
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
If they are like Supergirl it will be one solid piece going into the base.
I'm not sure how well that would work with Starfire's hair, but I'm hoping that's how Catwoman is!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #704
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sneaky I missed that. Would love to see a shot of all four of the pieces together! Joker wasn't in the shot.
I'll take a few pics of Harley/Joker/Wonder Woman/Superman tonight.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #705
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not sure how well that would work with Starfire's hair, but I'm hoping that's how Catwoman is!
I can't imagine there will be a problem with Starfire. Her costume goes right up to her neck, so there shouldn't be a visible seam.

Catwoman has that plunging neckline, though. Hopefully, they'll make that one work without a seam.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #706
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I did, they all look nice together.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #707
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Referring back to Supergirl and her attached cape. Lots of packing material and a big enough box.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #708
adee
Green Arrow

Joker and Harley look much better than Superman and WW to me. I can't put my finger on it but the later look more cartoonish to me. I still like them, just not as much.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #709
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by =N= View Post
Nice pics Thx .
Overall thoughts on her?
Are ya glad you got her?
Is she up to Scratch of other T.W.?
need more time ?
The paint quality is far better on WW then it was on Superman... I think WW quality is up to the other Twetterhead statues of the past..

The switch outs are a nice option but to be honest I think you really only need the one midsection, the difference between them is pretty minor IMO, I would been happy with either one but if they only made one midsection they could of had sculpted her as one piece, thus removing the seam issue.

Like I mentioned before as long as she sits below your eye line you won't see the seam, but if she is placed up on a higher shelf you will definitely see the seam from any angle. It was definitely a poor design choice as you shouldn't be forced to display a statue a certain way in order to avoid an eyesore.

That said, I have her on a lower shelf so ultimately it doesn't really bother me to much as I can't see it.

Truthfully I'm a little on the fence with TH Superpower lineup due to some questionable design choices by Chad, IE: Weird Joker smile on Supergirl, Very plain base on Superman, visible neck seam on WW.... And then there were some issues with Harley's plume leaning. It's been a little rough going for TH on this lineup...

It will be interesting to compare these to the XM 1:6 DC statues I have on pre-order, these TH DC statues definitely have a comic book vibe to them (which has it's own charm)... But I've always preferred the more realistic look so in the end I might end up selling the TH if the XM's turn out really nice. Especially if XM goes deep into the DC roster.

Overall I would give this WW statue a 7/10, had there been no neck seam it would of easily gotten a 9/10
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #710
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Great review. I also am keeping mine as the seam on mine is not as noticeable. And I can place her in a location where the seam is not visible. This isn’t the first statue where placement in a collection makes the statue look better. The 1st juggernaut from Bowen needed to be placed in a higher location otherwise you can’t see the eyes and the Bowen Strike down Thor’s placement will determine whether you can see Thor’s face or the impact of Mjolinar on the ground. Great paint job and sculpt imo.