Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #711
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah man i saw that you did. its their own fault for not listening to you. even damienjakk just posted on there telling them the news about them loosing their MK license. and one person didn't want to believe him.
and i quote....
"and why is it official? some one on statue forum is not a crediable source for me...do you have a crediable source? "

its too bad. looks like most of them are going to learn the hard way.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #712
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

::Learning the hard way::
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #713
mrichards2002
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Can someone that hasn't been banned by Syco inquire about this on their FB page please? I'm sure pre-order hopefuls will be mighty interested in hearing about this news.
I just posted on his FB page. He does not seem to be deleting posts. Usually he will delete anything negative right away. Let's see what happens. Hopefully it will help a couple of people get their money back.

Thanks,
Mike
mrichards2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #714
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

^^^Is this Mr. Richards from ebay?^^
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #715
Deadking92
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Am I bad person if I find it ironic that these people are now in problem with the company while everyone on the forum warned them well in advance, yet they chose to defend the company?
Deadking92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #716
damienjakk
Sailor Moon

Wow, the **** really hit the fan on their FB page. Good job to everyone who posted on it.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #717
DynamicMenace

wonder if DJM is going to let people know he lost the MK license? yeah what i was i thinking? i highly doubt it. he will milk it as long as he can to keep stringing people along and in hopes to get others who aren't part of the forums or FB to keep POing.
curious to see how this plays out now. specially with all those production shots of Liu Kang and Scorpion. wonder if people who PO'ed those will actually get them?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #718
AJON

What annoys me is Warner will walk away unharmed with a bunch of money from the sale of the MK license whist all the collectors have been conned out of their hard earned money. Should big Licensees not be more accountable for who they give big licenses to? Microsoft and Marvel gave a $30,000 and $50,000 license to a penny-less man that lived in his mothers bedroom and Warner gave a man wanted by the police for fraud the MK license, these licenses, in the wrong hands are a license to con and cheat people. In my opinion (although i'm happy they have finally done something) for giving away licenses to anybody with enough cash and not doing due diligence on prospective clients they are partly responsible for all the mess Darren (scum bag) Martin has done!!
AJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #719
DynamicMenace

good point man. i kind of have to agree with you to a degree on that. they shouldn't just sell their licenses to just anyone. they should at least do a background check. and if it comes back crooked or the persons or people even appears to be shady then they should deny it. but then again. im sure there are ways to get around that. they easily could have used someone else's name to acquire the license (wife possibly?)
but did they actually know who they were giving/selling their license to? the only way they should be held accountable is if they knew about this turds background. in a sense it is their fault indirectly by giving him the license. but they weren't the ones actually ripping the people off. DJM was. they gave him the privilege to purchase the license. but it was up to him how he used it. as far as being an honest person to his customers that is and delivering. if WB is solely to blame for letting him have the license then they should be the ones refunding everyone their money. but they are not. so i highly doubt that will ever happen. it would be an honorable thing for WB to do though. but again. i dont see that happening.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #720
AJON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
good point man. i kind of have to agree with you to a degree on that. they shouldn't just sell their licenses to just anyone. they should at least do a background check. and if it comes back crooked or the persons or people even appears to be shady then they should deny it. but then again. im sure there are ways to get around that. they easily could have used someone else's name to acquire the license (wife possibly?)
but did they actually know who they were giving/selling their license to? the only way they should be held accountable is if they knew about this turds background. in a sense it is their fault indirectly by giving him the license. but they weren't the ones actually ripping the people off. DJM was. they gave him the privilege to purchase the license. but it was up to him how he used it. as far as being an honest person to his customers that is and delivering. if WB is solely to blame for letting him have the license then they should be the ones refunding everyone their money. but they are not. so i highly doubt that will ever happen. it would be an honorable thing for WB to do though. but again. i dont see that happening.
But due diligence does work, he applied for the Hammer House of Horror license and they smelt a rat so they asked for a full audit on him which he knew he would fail so gave up straight away. So why doesn't all companies do this as standard practice?
AJON is offline   Reply With Quote