Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #711
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Apologies, I didn't mean for the post to sound like it was a counter to what you said. We're in agreement. I was more just emphasizing that even when they do list it upfront, it's vague.

I guess we've all just been okay with pre-ordering based on prototypes and vague descriptions for so long that this is just going to keep on happening, no matter how expensive these things get. I'm guilty too.

And to anyone who might point out that they will refund you, I get it. I don't think SS is a bad company, quite the opposite. But the whole reason we collect is because we want the pieces more than the money, otherwise we wouldn't be collectors. lol My hobby isn't giving SS 6 month interest-free loans, I want the statues.
That’s fine.

And I’m thinking the business of us lending funds to Sideshow is diminishing exponentially as time goes on.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:42 PM   #712
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The problem I have is, why is it okay to just say "polystone, pvc"? That description would apply whether the piece was 90% polystone and 10% pvc, or 10% polystone and 90% pvc. So even if the materials were listed from day one, that's not good enough, especially since pieces being primarily polystone with PVC parts is more common than the inverse.

This has happened before with the Man of Steel PF. They know what the expectations are.
because if they actually provided clear details like what tsume did in above post, noone would buy it. that's why.

Sideshow knows most people, especially international buyers who paid $300+ for shipping+tax, is not going to return it, even if they are severely disappointed with the outcome of the production piece.

Sideshow return policy is very clear - they will only issue full refund include shipping if the statue is damaged...well you cant damage a rubber ducky!
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #713
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
because if they actually provided clear details like what tsume did in above post, noone would buy it. that's why.

Sideshow knows most people, especially international buyers who paid $300+ for shipping+tax, is not going to return it, even if they are severely disappointed with the outcome of the production piece.

Sideshow return policy is very clear - they will only issue full refund include shipping if the statue is damaged...well you cant damage a rubber ducky!
I’ve pretty much inferred the same tactics to Sideshow previously. It’s just so..........calculating to put it nicely... which it certainly isn’t.

I know people in the US return pieces left right and centre, but you’re right about some of us located outside the US. I’m embarrassed to say I’ve been known to be so lazy not to even return a subpar piece back to an Australian reseller. Essentially Sideshow are banking on collectors as silly (stupid) as me.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:46 PM   #714
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Someone needs to check their facts before criticising other collectors.
Sorry it wasn’t always like that my bad

Sideshow will most likely refund the NRD

Are you done with the pity party yet or do you wish to complain for the next 50 pages. Zero ----s will be given.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #715
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
Sorry it wasn’t always like that my bad

Sideshow will most likely refund the NRD

Are you done with the pity party yet or do you wish to complain for the next 50 pages. Zero ----s will be given.
Here’s hoping. But the NRD itself isn’t the whole point for a lot of collectors. It’s actually the principle for some. I know principles aren’t what they once were, but hopefully Sideshow is getting an inkling on the disappointment they are generating. I know it’s futile, and that we’re wasting our time, especially after the few other bait and switches Sideshow has done in the past, and will continue to do so in the future, as collectors are sometimes a gullible bunch and easily swayed by pretty pictures.

And no, unfortunately the complaining is likely to last another 100 pages at least. That’s just what’s done on these forums and other forms of social media. And this time there’s at least a more than half legitimate ‘excuse’ for it. Do you know how rare that is.

But perhaps you’re right. Maybe I should tap out of this thread for a little while at least.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:49 PM   #716
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think the problem is the management of the company.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:54 PM   #717
off
The X-Men

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:00 AM   #718
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

I think you are quoting former President W Bush Jr

And it’s not as inarticulate as that

The saying goes

Fool me once - shame on you

Fool me twice - shame on me

Prov. After being tricked once, one should be wary, so that the person cannot trick you again. Fred: Would you like a can of peanuts? Jane: The last can of peanuts you gave me had a toy snake in it. Fred: This one really is peanuts. Jane: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:05 AM   #719
off
The X-Men

He was that inarticulate in that instance.

I know the meaning of the saying, this thread is why I posted it. Looks like a lot of people learned nothing from the last Swamp Thing.

No more preorders. Only in hand. If its missed, oh well.

Cheaper on the second hand market anyway.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:05 AM   #720
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

One of my favourite movies is Steve McQueens “Shame”

I think it’s Fassbenders best performance, it was snubbed hard by the Academy

I think it should’ve been nominated for a lot of Oscars

It’s about a sex addict