Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-07-2023, 11:16 AM   #721
aadroban
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I just wonder what the hell Glenda the Good did to piss off Dorothy enough to also be hunted. JSC said that Dorothy was hunting the "remaining witches in the 4 corners of OZ."

And that comment leaves me scratching my head because...Wicked Witch of the East was squashed by Dorothy's house upon arrival to Munchkinland. And West is already dead. So aren't there only 2 left to get soaked? One being Glinda?
Looks like she's already bagged two of them. I don't think this Dorothy gives a damn. Kill 'em all.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:22 PM   #722
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Today's reveal is a fun new Dorothy.

Do we know how many more prints JSC will reveal?

Love this Dorothy, BTW!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:35 PM   #723
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
Looks like she's already bagged two of them. I don't think this Dorothy gives a damn. Kill 'em all.
Looks like this Dorothy is a Dorothy of our times.

Everyone is carrying firearms these days. She fits right in. LOL!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:36 PM   #724
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Do we know how many more prints JSC will reveal?

Love this Dorothy, BTW!
There are 12 officially revealed (and with prints for sale) on his site. However, the deluxe edition of the calendar states that it includes additional months. So, if he decides to reveal those in the same manner there could be more. How many, I don't know.

EDIT: Oh, there is a portion of an image on the calendar that we haven't seen yet. It looks like a Snow Queen type character. So, I'd guess there's still a few more.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:56 PM   #725
J Scott Campbel
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
No, I don't need or want these to look just like Disney's iterations. I know they are your own versions of the classic tales, and as such, will deviate in appearance. For Snow White, I just prefer your first three Snow White pieces. In fact, I own all three of them in premium 13x19 art prints (in addition to about 25 others).

I have three of the new ones on order right, in addition to the deluxe calendar, and I'll most likely place another order for another 2-3 prints from the new series. But, you're right, everyone has artists they cherish, but that doesn't mean they'll love every single piece of art or music the artist puts out.

And you are spot on about the animal thing. Animals are one of my biggest weaknesses. I don't like anything that depicts them in a harmful way, even if it is fictious.

LOL yes!!! I would have loved to see her with a dead and stuffed Gaston over the Beast.
Ha! Well.... while I can understand why that would be satisfying to some, again, Gaston I believe is a solely Disney creation. Meaning I don't believe that specific character exists in the original story and would put me in a perilous situation if I were to infringe on Disney's IP.

Also, where you find the idea of an animal pelt disturbing, I have to assume that my audience for this calendar series would find the image of a woman draped with the head and skin of an actual dead man far, far more unnerving than that of a mythological creature.p

Lastly, These images need to accomplish several different things at once: Be able to tell a story in a single image, be instantly recognizable as the source material it's taken from, and lastly, be an appealing girly pin-up. Again, what you're suggesting as an alternative just wouldn't read as any recognizable fairy tale to the viewer, and in my opinion, would be just too grotesque to be an appealing pin-up. Again, if you're sensitive to the depiction of animals as trophies or taxidermy I completely understand, nothing wrong with that. But also understand the alternate you're suggesting just would not work for a multitude of reasons.
J Scott Campbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:49 PM   #726
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I just wonder what the hell Glenda the Good did to piss off Dorothy enough to also be hunted.
Nooo, not Glinda! Dorothy is really breaking bad
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:19 PM   #727
SDguy

Hawt

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	408101760_18405082132023716_405340416300617752_n.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	166459  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:27 PM   #728
Netdoc
Fantastic Four

J. Scott Campbell,

I'm glad your FTF made it to the statue format. I didn't know about the theme until I saw Alice on Sideshow one day and just had to pre-order. Same happened for Cinderella and so on. I do have a most wanted statue, but I'm excited to see what the next reveal is.

I have a few questions and hopefully you can answer? I enjoy the metal plates that would come with the previous statues, will they ever make a comeback? Which statue so far has made the best translation from concept to finished design? Last question, will there ever be any more variants? I have 3 of 4 possible, but I would selfishly prefer new statue efforts due to space issues.

Finally, please bring on the RRH on wolf statue. I'll buy it regardless of sticker shock. If not, thank you for at least having the print as an alternative. Thanks for reading.
Netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:32 PM   #729
Demona
Lex Luthor

Now see, this Ice Queen is hot AF!!
I'd take a statue of her.

Also, just saying that I'm crossing my fingers and really hoping I will get a surprise drop of a statue based on this art:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JSC Sleeping Beauty.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	166460  
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:50 PM   #730
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Now see, this Ice Queen is hot AF!!
I's take a statue of her.

Also, just saying that I'm crossing my fingers and really hoping I will get a surprise drop of a statue based on this art:
Would love this so much but it's gotta be just as suggestive as that illo.

I like a lot of his new FFs but none are as licentious as many of the previous FFs.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote