Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #721
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIHL2012 View Post
A $1000 dollar statue with one of the main focal points being the head has a clear as day piece of hair on it is not work a replacement? put yourself in my shoes buddy, would you be happy.
I wouldn't ask for a replacement head either for that mark either that looks like it could be part of the "worn" area of the mask. The same size lines are below his eye. Don't zoom in that piece with your camera and tell me how close you have to get to see that one line. Also, I think you mean it's just a piece of hair because odds are you won't have a hair growing organ on your statue

However, yes, you should get new bows.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #722
FIHL2012
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I wouldn't ask for a replacement head either for that mark either that looks like it could be part of the "worn" area of the mask. The same size lines are below his eye. Don't zoom in that piece with your camera and tell me how close you have to get to see that one line. Also, I think you mean it's just a piece of hair because odds are you won't have a hair growing organ on your statue

However, yes, you should get new bows.
Thanks for your opinion m8, however do you have the statue in hand? planning to get it? I hope you have the same issue than perhaps you will feel differently. Once you see something you cannot un-see it. I don't understand how you can ignore a piece of hair in such an expensive statue, especially one with such awesome details one would want to get up close and admire it. My eyesight is about average and I can see it clearly when standing and looking at it from the distance below, it doesn't need to be zoomed up, that previous shot was to illustrate the problem lol. Thankfully Ben has given a solution to the string.

FIHL2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #723
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Thanks for your opinion m8, however do you have the statue in hand? planning to get it? I hope you have the same issue than perhaps you will feel differently. Once you see something you cannot un-see it. I don't understand how you can ignore a piece of hair in such an expensive statue, especially one with such awesome details one would want to get up close and admire it. My eyesight is about average and I can see it clearly when standing and looking at it from the distance below, it doesn't need to be zoomed up, that previous shot was to illustrate the problem lol. Thankfully Ben has given a solution to the string.

Nope, I don't have Hawkeye and don't plan on it. I only collect female statues.

If you can see it straight away without out zooming and it's a glaring error -- good luck with you quest to get a replacement.

I was just stating that even on your zoomed in shot, it look like the same line that are below his eye on the other area of the mask, as if it was meant to be. If there is a hair in there -- I sure as hell don't see it
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #724
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
A $1000 dollar statue with one of the main focal points being the head has a clear as day piece of hair on it is not work a replacement? put yourself in my shoes buddy, would you be happy.
All I can say is....I can barely see it in the picture you posted. However, you should be happy with what you pay for. So if it bothers you that much.....contact XM. Nothing else to do besides that.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #725
FIHL2012
Frackin!

Delete
Old 06-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #726
FIHL2012
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
All I can say is....I can barely see it in the picture you posted. However, you should be happy with what you pay for. So if it bothers you that much.....contact XM. Nothing else to do besides that.
Thanks m8 and I agree, currently doing that and waiting on a response cheers.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #727
ambasah
Red Skull

I am getting this statue and it would not be an issue for me, at least in the pics you posted. If it is much worse in person, than hopefully it gets resolved to your satisfaction.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:50 AM   #728
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Guys I just got my hawkeye, very nice statue even I hate this guy lol, here is two questions if anyone can help me to see if is normal.
1. Is the bow string suppose have one broke and one spare string?
2. Is the head suppose looks like the pic below?

After all I love it -
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:23 AM   #729
built2shred
Phoenix

Based on other peoples pictures I would say yes the head is suppose to look that way.... As for the broken string, I'm sure XM will mail you a new one if you email them.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:26 AM   #730
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Just email Ben....and tell him what you would like done. Maybe he can do it.....maybe not.

But I don't understand why you feel the need to try and justify your request for a replacement head to other board members who you don't even know .......when you have clearly already made up your mind.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote