Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #721
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i dont know man. but they should for sure. dont know why they dont. money talks and BS walks i guess.
but it sounds like Hammer House has their sh!t together. hopefully the other big wig companies will change their policies.
hopefully this was a lesson for WB. and they will start to not just hand out a license to just anyone.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #722
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJON View Post
What annoys me is Warner will walk away unharmed with a bunch of money from the sale of the MK license whist all the collectors have been conned out of their hard earned money. Should big Licensees not be more accountable for who they give big licenses to? Microsoft and Marvel gave a $30,000 and $50,000 license to a penny-less man that lived in his mothers bedroom and Warner gave a man wanted by the police for fraud the MK license, these licenses, in the wrong hands are a license to con and cheat people. In my opinion (although i'm happy they have finally done something) for giving away licenses to anybody with enough cash and not doing due diligence on prospective clients they are partly responsible for all the mess Darren (scum bag) Martin has done!!
Just FWIW

He got his licenses from small satellite offices of Marvel and WB in Asia. For the most part they act autonomously of their big corporate parents as Asia law is much different than western law.

The problem is the satellite offices in Asia will give anyone any license if they write the advance check. Thats just how Asia does business. There is little due diligence.

Another important thing about these satellite offices is they are only authorized to give rights to Asia.

Fact is, he was never , ever allowed to sell outside Asia...but he did anyway. Now, the Asia offices dont care where he sells because all they care about is the check clearing.

The whole thing would have continued IF people with connections didnt contact the big corporate USA offices to let them know what was transpiring. Once they knew they took action, but you cant fault them for not doing something about a situation they didnt know about.

Just my $.02
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #723
DynamicMenace

bottom line is they did do something finally. and thats what counts.
just sucks that all of those people are going to loose their money. you know damn well he isn't going to refund all those people their money.
maybe WB and Marvel should do away with those satellite offices seems how they just hand them out to just anyone. and handle all that business themselves. they shouldn't let potential licensees in other counties go thru these offices. that way they can have more control on who gets what license. and have more control on who sells to who and where. as soon as they see they broke the rules . boom. cut off loose their license.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #724
AJON
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Just FWIW

He got his licenses from small satellite offices of Marvel and WB in Asia. For the most part they act autonomously of their big corporate parents as Asia law is much different than western law.

The problem is the satellite offices in Asia will give anyone any license if they write the advance check. Thats just how Asia does business. There is little due diligence.

Another important thing about these satellite offices is they are only authorized to give rights to Asia.

Fact is, he was never , ever allowed to sell outside Asia...but he did anyway. Now, the Asia offices dont care where he sells because all they care about is the check clearing.

The whole thing would have continued IF people with connections didnt contact the big corporate USA offices to let them know what was transpiring. Once they knew they took action, but you cant fault them for not doing something about a situation they didnt know about.

Just my $.02
But my point is, THEY SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT! This is not only their reputation but they have a responsibility to protect their fans from these con men and in my view it is not a good enough excuse to say 'we did not know'! We all now how many people he has cheated, some people have had their lives decimated by this scum bag and it could all have been avoided by these companies taking a bit more care. I know money talks especially with Warner, i just wish fans would stop making up excuses for them and hold them accountable for their actions, they are a business like any other.
AJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #725
AJON
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
just sucks that all of those people are going to loose their money. you know damn well he isn't going to refund all those people their money.
maybe WB and Marvel should do away with those satellite offices seems how they just hand them out to just anyone. and handle all that business themselves. they shouldn't let potential licensees in other counties go thru these offices. that way they can have more control on who gets what license. and have more control on who sells to who and where. as soon as they see they broke the rules . boom. cut off loose their license.
True, i read one person on Scamcos Facebook page had given him slightly over $1,000!! This is how he has been maintaining his life style, trust me, i know him well, he would have had a top apartment and a very nice car, all paid for by his customers, when he was cheating F4F he drove around in a convertible BMW and rented his girlfriend a £30,000 4x4 whist his mother was struggling to pay of the £70,000 debt he'd left her with. But like you say, at least they've finally done something and it looks like he has no where to go now, all the big companies are aware of him.
AJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #726
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
Yes, one can dream. That will never happen, they are in the business of making money, and after all it was one of those satellite offices that brought us Hot Toys, it makes no business sense to shut these offices down. But you are right they should screen these people and in fact they try, but the system is not perfect. However I can see how calls from people in the industry, emails etc.,have done their part in stopping this man, and his "company" if it can even be called such. I am glad to hear his little charade is coming to an end, but feel for the poor people that blindly believe they are making good on their promises.

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 06-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #727
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Yes, one can dream. That will never happen, they are in the business of making money, and after all it was one of those satellite offices that brought us Hot Toys, it makes no business sense to shut these offices down. But you are right they should screen these people and in fact they try, but the system is not perfect. However I can see how calls from people in the industry, emails etc.,have done their part in stopping this man, and his "company" if it can even be called such. I am glad to hear his little charade is coming to an end, but feel for the poor people that blindly believe they are making good on their promises.
yeah i understand it was one those offices that gave HT their license. but why couldn't they have acquired the license directly through WB here in the states? ok, right, i know, there may be foreign policies that make it that they have to have these offices there. i understand WB in the business to make money. but they should at least enforce the rules or conditions of the contract of the licenses that are being handed put. regardless if its in another country. its their company after all. their name their brand. they have the power and resources to monitor those offices to make sure things are being done correctly. just becasue they have offices in another country doesn't mean they dont have control over it.
it just looks bad for them if they choose to look the other way while a crook is using their name to rip people off.. so hopefully they will at least try to make a difference in their foreign policy on issuing licenses to just anyone. but they may not. which is unfortunate becasue that really doesn't look good on their part. but hopefully all of this has shed some light on the potential problem that could happen with crooked people acquiring one of their licenses and running a crooked company. maybe they will take a different approach in the future. at least im hoping they will. after all like Ajon said its their brand/name on the products that are being used to rip innocent people off by crooks like DJM/scamco.
so what i find disturbing is that DJM will get away with ripping off all of those people using WB name. so will happen now? WB will just look away and not do anything about it? let him get away with it? dont you think that WB should make it right and refund all those people their money and then prosecute DJM on their behalf? they have the money to it. if they did it would huge PR. but like you said. one can only dream. scamcos days look to be numbered. but they do have other licenses and do sell/distribute other products on their site. but them loosing the MK license is a major blow for sure. will just have to wait and see what happens next.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #728
DynamicMenace

which brings to mind. i wonder if the items they distribute and have sold to people on their site have received these products?
Old 06-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #729
damienjakk
Sailor Moon

Their last update was May 11, and this was posted on May 4.

"Syco Collectible's CEO will be answering your emails concerning your pending orders in the next week! We apologize for this long delay, and we sincerely thank you for your patience and support. We are keeping track of all your messages, requests and comments. We will be addressing all pending issues shortly."

From what I read on their page, nobody can get in contact with them via the FB page or the web site since that update. Wonder if those 2 rats have abandoned ship already.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #730
DynamicMenace

oh im sure they have. probably starting up another company to start their BS allover again. so this is a word to the wise. if a new company reveals itself soon or in the future.. be aware that it may possibly be DJM.