Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-05-2021, 08:38 AM   #721
TheRinger05
Frackin!

Just placed my pre-order for the white version at heroes collectibles, has anyone had any experience ordering there?
TheRinger05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:42 AM   #722
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It's now the weekend in China. I doubt Todd will get any update from the distributor til next week.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:43 AM   #723
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Todd once told me they secure their product way before it goes up for PO.
But the white suit is a pretty low es, and mistakes can always happen.
At this point, SpecFiction should be considering their loyal customers.

If I was one of those loyal customers, and I waited to get this piece based on Todd saying "be patient".....I'd be super pissed if I then (for whatever reason) missed out.

I think Specfiction should just be upfront about the delay and communicate with people.

Bear in mind, even if you wait patiently, there's no guarantee you will be able get it from Specfiction - if he sells out his allotment, then what?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #724
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

It’s starting to get real concerning for anyone waiting on Spec.

Especially ‘if’ these other retailers did have their stock allotments guaranteed already.

But ‘if not’ maybe it’ll be fine, but those who ordered elsewhere could have their orders cancelled if these other retailers over subscribed.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:49 AM   #725
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
At this point, SpecFiction should be considering their loyal customers.

If I was one of those loyal customers, and I waited to get this piece based on Todd saying "be patient".....I'd be super pissed if I then (for whatever reason) missed out.

I think Specfiction should just be upfront about the delay and communicate with people.

Bear in mind, even if you wait patiently, there's no guarantee you will be able get it from Specfiction - if he sells out his allotment, then what?
Yup, there’s no guarantee on how big/small his allotment will end up being. It could be 5, 10, 15, 20 pieces. There’s just no way of knowing.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:59 AM   #726
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yup, there’s no guarantee on how big/small his allotment will end up being. It could be 5, 10, 15, 20 pieces. There’s just no way of knowing.
Yep, I remember waiting on a LOTR Weta piece I wanted to buy for my wife. Had the "email me when it comes available" set and everything.

I got the email in the middle of the night, I WOKE up at like 5 am and I still missed it. It must have sold out within hours, had no shot.

I hope everyone who really wants this ends up getting it, be a shame to miss out but Todd's nothing but terrific, I'm sure he'll get some size allotment in and hopefully can help track it down for anyone else who maybe misses out.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #727
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

He can't guarantee every customer will get one, he may only get 10 in, but the lack of communication for those who want to buy from him is worrying
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:29 AM   #728
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
He can't guarantee every customer will get one, he may only get 10 in, but the lack of communication for those who want to buy from him is worrying
Of course, you are absolutely correct.

I just meant Todd is a great guy and would go out of his way to try and find a piece for someone who could miss out.

Obviously nothing is guaranteed and frankly there's a non zero chance he doesn't get any.... Impossible to know but agree the silence is deafening.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #729
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Of course, you are absolutely correct.

I just meant Todd is a great guy and would go out of his way to try and find a piece for someone who could miss out.

Obviously nothing is guaranteed and frankly there's a non zero chance he doesn't get any.... Impossible to know but agree the silence is deafening.
Us nerds can be demanding haha

I've heard great things about him too and have 2 pre orders open, I would have ordered from him or potentially waited if it had gone up when he told me it would, however this did not happen
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:29 PM   #730
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Caved and ordered from Cosmic Chase. Got to be too much of a distraction waiting for SF to update.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote