Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-23-2023, 02:46 PM   #751
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Ordered direct from P1. The UPS tracking shows it?s arrived in Germany
Ah ok, I ordered directly from them too. I don't know what's going on.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:32 PM   #752
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Mines in Germany. Had to pay ?240 VAT
Another 240GBP? DAMN!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:44 PM   #753
Bat Chain
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Why? All of our tax money goes to Ukraine. I can?t even sell used stuff without paypal etc. harassing me about tax forms bs. This is bullcrap.
Yeah, I've been putting off trying to figure out a hassle-free way of selling a couple pieces for that exact reason.

Short of finding someone local willing to make a cash transaction; I'm at a loss.

Predator Bust is still advancing on the tracker despite having not paid the fee. I figured it would just freeze at one of the hubs until confirmation of the fee/tax payment instead of progressing.
Bat Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:55 PM   #754
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Why? All of our tax money goes to Ukraine. I can?t even sell used stuff without paypal etc. harassing me about tax forms bs. This is bullcrap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Chain View Post
Yeah, I've been putting off trying to figure out a hassle-free way of selling a couple pieces for that exact reason.

Short of finding someone local willing to make a cash transaction; I'm at a loss.

Predator Bust is still advancing on the tracker despite having not paid the fee. I figured it would just freeze at one of the hubs until confirmation of the fee/tax payment instead of progressing.
I'm in the same boat.

We can still sell, it's just if we don't provide documentation proving the price we paid for the piece we sold, we will be taxed on the entire sales price of the item we sold. I didn't sell anything last year because i didn't want to be bother by it, but moving forward i'm going to sell some stuff, just have to keep a spreadsheet with proof of purchase documenting how much i paid so im not taxed on my full sales amount, and if it's something i paid cash for or bought in a shop with no receipt...it is what it is. I heard we can possible claim we paid MSRP back in the day but i don't know if that would hold up if audited The other day i traded a couple little action figures at my LCS, they had something i wanted. Gave me like 60% of their value, which was pretty good considering the item they had in store was cheaper than ebay prices it works out, no headache, but if you need cash, that aint' gonna work because most LCS give less than 50% in cash.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 04:09 PM   #755
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:

You can pay duty tax at DHL pickup point. Mine will be delivered to DHL location. I will pick it up from there.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 06:45 PM   #756
Bat Chain
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
We can still sell, it's just if we don't provide documentation proving the price we paid for the piece we sold, we will be taxed on the entire sales price of the item we sold.
Does PayPal still get involved with invasive tax procedures if you handle it with Friends/Family? I know you can avoid certain fees that way, but it wouldn't be a widely accepted method to attract potential buyers. "Trust me bro!"

Quote:
The other day i traded a couple little action figures at my LCS, they had something i wanted. Gave me like 60% of their value, which was pretty good considering the item they had in store was cheaper than ebay prices it works out, no headache, but if you need cash, that aint' gonna work because most LCS give less than 50% in cash.
I funded the beginning of my current collection with the partial remnants of my childhood collection that way. I shopped around online and locally to see who'd give me the best prices and just went with it. But this was 15 years ago now. I have little faith I could move a $3000 piece at a LCS with any sort of success without taking a huge loss.

I'm experimenting with a group of local statue collectors on Facebook within driving distance; to at least eliminate the insane shipping costs. Not a whole lot of activity within that group though.

Quote:
You can pay duty tax at DHL pickup point. Mine will be delivered to DHL location. I will pick it up from there.
I went ahead and paid the fee. I saw that the shipping progress was frozen in Ohio and I need that thing to keep trucking if it's going to be on the East Coast by tomorrow.
Bat Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 07:29 PM   #757
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Ordered direct from P1. The UPS tracking shows it?s arrived in Germany
Just checked and tracking is saying my bust is on the move again... Now, they're saying Monday 27th. It could still come tomorrow or Saturday.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:23 PM   #758
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
I went ahead and paid the fee. I saw that the shipping progress was frozen in Ohio and I need that thing to keep trucking if it's going to be on the East Coast by tomorrow.
Make sense if you want to deliver it directly to your place.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:59 PM   #759
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Damn, I had no idea I had to go into my account to hit a confirm address button. I was wondering why mine hadn't shipped yet.

Quote:
I'm in the same boat.

We can still sell, it's just if we don't provide documentation proving the price we paid for the piece we sold, we will be taxed on the entire sales price of the item we sold. I didn't sell anything last year because i didn't want to be bother by it, but moving forward i'm going to sell some stuff, just have to keep a spreadsheet with proof of purchase documenting how much i paid so im not taxed on my full sales amount, and if it's something i paid cash for or bought in a shop with no receipt...it is what it is. I heard we can possible claim we paid MSRP back in the day but i don't know if that would hold up if audited The other day i traded a couple little action figures at my LCS, they had something i wanted. Gave me like 60% of their value, which was pretty good considering the item they had in store was cheaper than ebay prices it works out, no headache, but if you need cash, that aint' gonna work because most LCS give less than 50% in cash.
You know that whole increase tax thing was held right? Happened within the last 3-4 months.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:24 PM   #760
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Damn, I had no idea I had to go into my account to hit a confirm address button. I was wondering why mine hadn't shipped yet.

You know that whole increase tax thing was held right? Happened within the last 3-4 months.
I confirmed mine day 1 still has not shipped. Economic y tho.

Tell me more, brother. What tax increase was held?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote