Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #751
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Yup website exclusive is 50 ES Confirmed by Averone at freaks board.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #752
travis
A.I.M.

I guess those 50 are not sold out yet either. I bet 200 reg Conan and 250 Snake/girl ES
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #753
ShinRafa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi guys!!
I'm looking for the Conan the Prize statue any clues where can I find one???
Thanks in advance :-)
ShinRafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #754
wanderlai
The Tick

ebay, checking the for sale section on here and the freaks board.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #755
ShinRafa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks wanderlai :-)
ShinRafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #756
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Alternate new heads for the dio.

[/QUOTE]
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #757
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I get a distinct feeling that the original release just wasn't selling much at all, so they have redone two of the heads more in a traditional Conan style in the hopes of boosting sales, and tying it closer to their upcoming Frazetta lines. Remember, after all, they were shooting for 200 Ex's on this originally, but last I heard still have stock left after reducing that all the way down to a mere 50 ex's.

And while, generally speaking, I think the new head sculpts really are an improvement overall, it's a shame that they are so passive, especially the helmeted head (which I find to be the better of the two), as these hardly look like the faces of a mid-battle Conan about to cut into a giant snake. I wasn't a big fan of the original heads personally, but at least they sold a sense of exertion mid-battle, something that these new ones seem to lack. So while the look of Conan himself has been improved, the look of Conan in battle has actually been diminished somewhat in my view.

Meanwhile the thing that people complained about the most, the girl, doesn't seem to have been addressed at all during these latest shenanigans.

I also think just arbitrarily making this change and dropping it on people out of the blue like this, this late in the game, is a rather poorly thought out effort, likely to lead to nothing but confusion, and in some quarters, possibly even anger from some customers. If they were going to do this, it could have been handled in a far better, more customer friendly manner, rather than just suddenly going "Hey, you know that statue you've already ordered, we've just changed two of the heads. You're welcome!" and then trying to deal with what should have been seen as entirely predictable consequences of such an action only as they happen after the fact. Made even more difficult right now by the fact that ARH's website and emails still aren't functioning yet. This is a very expensive item, so such radical late changes really should have been handled in a far more informative and customer friendly way than this.

I also wonder how Sideshow and other retails will feel, given that they have been put in a position where they could be accused on pre-selling a product based on misleading information and images. Outdated images that they are still using, even now. And you could very easily envision a situation where customers that such outlets already have for this piece may remain ignorant that the product has been changed, and may be in for quite a shock when they eventually find out.

Interesting days ahead...
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #758
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I like the new heads MUCH better. I still didn't get it though mainly because of the overbearing size. I just don't have the room for something like this especially if I am getting the Greek Gods line, the Frazettas and other similar things.

If this was 1/7 or even the 1/8 or 1/9 Reelart scale I would be all over it. I wonder how many of the Conans without the girl they sold vs the whole shooting match?

I like the Conan without the snake and girl more than the "undying PF" and I'm sure I'll be run out of town on a rail for this but I also like it better than the Prize.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:05 AM   #759
Vracula
Jedi Order

Still dont like the heads

The helmet head looks like he calmed down and changed his mind

He still looks like a Ghoul.Probably look better under a diff paint job/lighting.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:38 AM   #760
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Loving these heads much better...
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote