Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-05-2021, 11:19 PM   #751
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Is everything drop shipped from China?

Unless I'm confusing them with Cosmic.

I've shifted into drunken sailor mode tonight.
Ordered the black suit from SF a few hours ago.
If they're still available and I see one in time, I'll be ordering the white suit as well.

I was so looking forward to winding this stuff down...
My pieces came from Singapore, much closer to Australia then shipping from US. And half the price too.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:21 PM   #752
NotGwen
Justice League

Also ordered the snow suit from Heroes Collectibles. First time ordering from them, honestly never heard of that site until I saw it in this thread.

Held out for awhile for Spec, but just wanted to go ahead and have it ordered. As others have stated, Todd is beyond amazing and has also helped me a good deal in the past!
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:53 AM   #753
superdude
The X-Men

So has Queen said if they'll be correcting the colors on the black suit version? Since it was obviously more black and blue-gray in the movie.

I actually prefer the more solid black color they went with, even if it's not accurate, so not sure I'd want to order this and have it suddenly changed up on me...

superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:48 AM   #754
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Only 12 left on QS site for the white version
Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:10 AM   #755
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
So has Queen said if they'll be correcting the colors on the black suit version? Since it was obviously more black and blue-gray in the movie.

I actually prefer the more solid black color they went with, even if it's not accurate, so not sure I'd want to order this and have it suddenly changed up on me...

Queen said they will tweak the headsculpts but I've not heard anything about the costume

I'm surprised the colours aren't closer to the movie and would have preferred it with more grey personally, as this seems like a little throwback to her previous costumes

Also the gold on the widows bite and belt don't pop nearly as much as that picture unfortunately
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:37 AM   #756
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm not an expert - by any means. But, I think it's the lighting and the material of certain parts of the suit that are giving the impression of a deep dark blue colour, rather than straight black.

I can't imagine QS would get such a fundamental detail wrong.

I mean, JND switched up the gold tone on WW84 - but they still gave us gold. This situation, in comparison, would be like they swapped the gold for green, or purple.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:50 AM   #757
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not an expert - by any means. But, I think it's the lighting and the material of certain parts of the suit that are giving the impression of a deep dark blue colour, rather than straight black.

I can't imagine QS would get such a fundamental detail wrong.

I mean, JND switched up the gold tone on WW84 - but they still gave us gold. This situation, in comparison, would be like they swapped the gold for green, or purple.....
Whilst i accept the lighting in their pics isn't the best, I think if they'd put any amount of grey into the suit, it would still be visible on the pics

They have artistic licence to change certain things but it doesn't look accurate to me personally

I get others' concerns that if they pre order now based on the proto, Queen might change it up before release

You can't please everyone but changes have been made in the past such as JND's ww so it is a little unsure what it will look like until it's in hand
Old 11-06-2021, 04:27 AM   #758
pdenham
Teen Titans

I was going to speculate, but then realized it would be pointless.

From my perspective, anything that further differentiates it from the Winter Soldier suit is probably fine with me. That goes for the grey patterns.
It they leave it as the prototype is now, that wouldn't bother me either. The construction of the suit is materially different from her earliest appearances anyway.

The only change I do hope they make is to punch up the gold areas, and make those pop more.
But it's a simple tweak that I'm sure I could handle myself if they don't.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 04:36 AM   #759
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post

Is it black and grey or is it reflective black and non reflective black?
Hot Toys have gone with 100% black, and they have been in the game for years.

If QS were to fix the outfit, the most obvious error are the black strips running up the front. The QS piece features one size strips, no varying width. Both left and right strips stop at armpit level, failing to travel to the top of the shoulder area.
If you look at both strips, on either side are two other thin black strips running at 45 degree's. On the QS piece the angle is off, closer to 20 degree's. Also, the neck collar shape is different. I have not compared the outfit below the waist line.

LOADING: Image(s)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 05:23 AM   #760
generalszabo

Black or grey, it looked pretty grey on the big screen

If you watch the film you can see this