Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2016, 01:27 AM   #761
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

There are a select few XM fans that feel they really need to justify their purchases all over the forum.

Sure, XM makes some nice stuff, as does Sideshow (I personally own pieces from both companies).

I'm not sure if it's because they are a little insecure and are justifying the higher XM prices, or if it's just good old fashioned fanboyism at it's best.

But it's not subtle and it's clearly wearing a little thin.

We're all part of the same community, so let's all just let one another enjoy ourselves for the common good.

Remember, there is no 'i' in team . . . . . but there is one in d!ck
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:31 AM   #762
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm probably gonna piss off a lot of people with my post but whatever. Its an on-going observation that is never addressed but blatantly obvious.

I was interested and still am interested in buying this piece.

Don't care for Carnage at all. They are two separate pieces, but just to be clear Carnage is sculpted to look more "natural" and realistic... Venom I prefer because I automatically anticipate a comic character to be represented as in comics... which is exaggerated.

Anyone claiming to know what a symbiote should and should not look like is ... off their rocker.

What is a legitimate compliant from the people that actually were and ARE willing to spend their money on these pieces... is consistency.

Venom is consistent with Amazing Spider-Man... imo Carnage looks off. So if Carnage is your cup of tea... why not discuss it in the Carnage thread? BTW these things are consistently sculpted in 6" figures all the time.

I've spent ZERO dollars with XM, and tens of thousands with Sideshow. So yeah, that tells me I'm not a loyalist or biased..

I'm disappointed. When a marvel PF goes up it's a big deal lately because lets face it those of us that don't give a rats ass about DC Comics, lately, have been bombarded with DC PFs. So... I don't see how comparing an XM piece to Sideshow's makes me

a) a loyalist to XM

b) trolling

or whatever from a bunch of people that had NO interest in the aforementioned piece to begin with.
dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:33 AM   #763
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
The texture and paint is definitely what's turning me off of the piece. He looks like a dried up prune where I'd expect Venom to be a nice juicy plum. Carnage's tendrils look like legit symbiote. The shine of the paint makes them just look thick and gooey and gross, which is what the symbiote should look like. I've always pictured Venom as more of a smooth, sleek, and goopy symbiote while Carnage was the crazy out of control look. The Carnage premium format hits the nail on the head, but Venom just looks too dried up. Hopefully the gloss coat does more for him. Maybe some pearlescent black and blue would bring out the goop look better.
lol nah, i think he looks sinister as hell. Photos and videos don't do statues justice at times i'm sure in person it'll pop more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-IEVhFgpQ8

I also love the base.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:37 AM   #764
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Man… I love THAT ONE Venom that one guy did, WAY more than that other one... But that one over there is cool too! But man, THAT ONE… so glad / wish I had THAT one!
Well done on the beautiful Venom. It's absolutely stunning. And SS really did a great job IMO. It's something I will PO on day 1. Carnage and Bane are also beautifully done.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:38 AM   #765
mikman42
Nightwing

Good for new collectors but until I see more pics of both Venom and Carnage I'm glad I still own both of SS o.g. comiquettes.
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:46 AM   #766
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
There are a select few XM fans that feel they really need to justify their purchases all over the forum.

Sure, XM makes some nice stuff, as does Sideshow (I personally own pieces from both companies).

I'm not sure if it's because they are a little insecure and are justifying the higher XM prices, or if it's just good old fashioned fanboyism at it's best.

But it's not subtle and it's clearly wearing a little thin.

We're all part of the same community, so let's all just let one another enjoy ourselves for the common good.

Remember, there is no 'i' in team . . . . . but there is one in d!ck
Yep the whole "Look SSC has a new PF out... here is why I choose XM instead" repeated discussion is just getting so damn old.

I am sorry I like both companies, but every time a new SSC piece comes out that even approaches something XM is doing the threads get carpet bombed with XM fans just pissing all over the party. Honestly, stop the justifying what you are buying for the rest of us, and please go and enjoy talking about your XM purchases in the XM section. I'll be along in a bit to enjoy the art.

As for this piece I love it. I would love to see the Ex McFarlene head on it already, but all in all this is a damn fine piece.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:54 AM   #767
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Im getting both venom and carnage just happy of the variation beetween them and the old comiquettes and xm versions, cant wait to have all of them!!
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:14 AM   #768
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Only thing i dont like is the black hexagon base they have on thr bottom i feel it takes away from statue same as spideys base was, still day one pre order for me though
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:52 AM   #769
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Sideshow has the best artists/art direction in the industry, period. I love what they have have done with this character, and since Venom was such a big part of my childhood...I'm getting it, nothing else matters to me.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:54 AM   #770
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Sideshow has the best artists/art direction in the industry, period. I love what they have have done with this character, and since Venom was such a big part of my childhood...I'm getting it, nothing else matters to me.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote