Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-06-2022, 02:20 AM   #771
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
JND sells worldwide (with a few restrictions I think), so honestly why should a Korean company that can sell this to the rest of the world care what a bunch of cancel culture whiny Americans think?
I think you're using the term "cancel culture" in completely the wrong context here.

The worst aspects of CC appear when a minority group, based on subjective moral thinking , seeks to damage a person's reputation or ability to work in their chosen field (normally, but not limited to, entertainment).

There's nothing subjective about the actions of AH, she lied in the specific pursuit of ruining another person out of vindictive spite.....she had a fair trail (in court - and not just the court of public opinion) - and was found guilty....

Now, there can be a debate as to whether this should affect her ability to work, and whether this should reflect on how her work is perceived in public - but, there are consequences for her actions, and unfortunately, people are simply not interested in supporting someone like this.

To write this down to whiney Americans and label it Cancel Culture is a gross over simplification of the situation.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:03 AM   #772
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
JND sells worldwide (with a few restrictions I think), so honestly why should a Korean company that can sell this to the rest of the world care what a bunch of cancel culture whiny Americans think?
I agree with ya here, but as starters not necessarily think she is best know actress to begin with but she was okay as Mera so to say cancel her boot her from aqua is a bit to far in my eyes.

Now JD as said this from the start he should never been booted from pirates and HP spinoffs he is a great actor and thanks a lot studios, do I have my doubts about him as person like AH ever since trial yes but don?t know him personally so who really knows but again should never been kicked off as actor Hope studios learned from this and irony here is with AH now, cancel her right? Lmao I bet JD does not even want her cancelled and jobless as he wants his 10mil haha
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:13 PM   #773
Markhatestoys
Justice League

She won in England--another fair trial--when a judge was the one who rendered a verdict. In the US, a jury decided that she was in the wrong. She's going to appeal and the verdict may well be different next time. She hasn't been "proven guilty" at all. On the other hand the judge in England found that her claims that Johnny Depp was abusive had been "proved to the civil standard."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think you're using the term "cancel culture" in completely the wrong context here.

The worst aspects of CC appear when a minority group, based on subjective moral thinking , seeks to damage a person's reputation or ability to work in their chosen field (normally, but not limited to, entertainment).

There's nothing subjective about the actions of AH, she lied in the specific pursuit of ruining another person out of vindictive spite.....she had a fair trail (in court - and not just the court of public opinion) - and was found guilty....

Now, there can be a debate as to whether this should affect her ability to work, and whether this should reflect on how her work is perceived in public - but, there are consequences for her actions, and unfortunately, people are simply not interested in supporting someone like this.

To write this down to whiney Americans and label it Cancel Culture is a gross over simplification of the situation.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:07 PM   #774
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
She won in England--another fair trial--when a judge was the one who rendered a verdict. In the US, a jury decided that she was in the wrong. She's going to appeal and the verdict may well be different next time. She hasn't been "proven guilty" at all. On the other hand the judge in England found that her claims that Johnny Depp was abusive had been "proved to the civil standard."
I'm not sure I understand your point. A thing, is a thing, until it's not a thing.

If she is able to appeal, and the result is different, then of course, that will change the current status....until then, she's guilty. That's the point of a trial.

England is not the US, and if my understanding is correct - she won nothing in the UK, as the dispute was Johnny Depp vs The Sun (or some other rag newspaper) - and was not against Amber Heard. She may have given evidence in that trial, but she wasn't a claimant or defendant.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:21 PM   #775
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I don't know how she plans to appeal when she can't afford the 8 million she owes from losing, she should quit while she's behind

Maybe she could have used her divorce settlement if she hadn't donated it to charity. Oh, wait....
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:58 PM   #776
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
You can't compare the UK trial to this one. Different countries, different rules, different trials, etc.

There's no way she appeals. Even IF she could afford to, she has no clear grounds to do so. The verdict is final and will NOT change. Best case scenario, she gets the judgment amount against her reduced, and even that's unlikely.

That said, I think they'll both be fine. Johnny's reputation has been vindicated and I'm sure he'll have no problem finding work now, and Amber will probably find another rich sucker to cling on to and make miserable. Bright futures for the both of em.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:26 PM   #777
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Mmmm..... You do understand how the legal system works, even on a basic level, yes? Because that's exactly, 100% what it means.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:03 PM   #778
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
False. The trial in the UK wasn't against her, so she did not win. It was Depp vs. The Sun newspaper. And yes, she has 100% been proven guilty of all counts in the US trial.

Also, they are saying that in order for her to even appeal at all, she has to pay a bond for the full sum she owes him, according to VA law. She cannot simply appeal without doing so first, and it's being reported she cannot pay that. So, her chances of even getting to appeal are slim, unless she gets someone like Elon Musk to pay it for her.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:16 PM   #779
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
The UK trial was against The Sun difamation mate she haven't win sh*t in any court. They posted badly photoshopped pictures of her face as if she was beaten up and called him a wifebeater. And the UK judge didn't see anything wrong with that lol.

In the state of Virginia for going to appeal you have to post a bond covering the cost of the trial and the attorneys fees. She can't pay the first trial go figure another one. So no appeal sorry.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:33 PM   #780
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Quote:
Just wanted to LOL at these nonsensical garbage posts. Keep it up.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote