Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-03-2022, 10:32 PM   #781
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I mean, it depends.

If they sell for those prices, it most certainly is their value.

If they sit at those prices for months on end, then no... The value is always what people will pay for it.
That was my point, asking price means nothing. What they actually sell for is the value. Even then it might not be a true picture. One person can buy at those crazy prices, but that does not mean anyone else will.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:52 AM   #782
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
The IS is more artistically pleasing to me as she's not covering her face and I honestly think the likeness is better. Queen has no wrinkles or anything that makes it look real to me
There are wrinkles on the Queen version between her brows and by her mouth, you just can’t see in photos. in person it’s there!
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:45 AM   #783
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That was my point, asking price means nothing. What they actually sell for is the value. Even then it might not be a true picture. One person can buy at those crazy prices, but that does not mean anyone else will.
Sure, markets stabilize and the value ends up being somewhere between those points.

That said, value is kinda a line in the sand. Maybe someone buys it at a high price but then the value increases? Maybe it turns into a deal and maybe not. I definitely agree you can't go by the list price but doesn't eBay show the SALE price history as well? Usually that's where these numbers come from and why they are listed at that price at all.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:26 AM   #784
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yes.
So many elements and factors to set the value on an item, and you're right, eBay, and many other stores set the price based on how much it can sell/been sold.

The fact here is, with only $400 PO price difference, you can see in almost every place/stores, Infinity Studios WW ready stock price is now thousands of dollars more than Queen Studios WW.
That alone said that Infinity Studio WW's value is higher than QS one.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #785
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Yes.
So many elements and factors to set the value on an item, and you're right, eBay, and many other stores set the price based on how much it can sell/been sold.

The fact here is, with only $400 PO price difference, you can see in almost every place/stores, Infinity Studios WW ready stock price is now thousands of dollars more than Queen Studios WW.
I'd agree, the numbers back up your claim.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:15 AM   #786
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Yes.

Yes, lots of factors, including them artificially inflating their own prices too, most people were not able to actually preorder this as they "sold" them to their "friends" in China to flip for much more. They realized they were going to lose money on them at their retail price and decided not to sell many to real people. Collectors then think the value is much more as all they see are super high prices being asked by the China sellers. It's just a shill game, and unfortunately it worked.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:42 AM   #787
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Yes, lots of factors, including them artificially inflating their own prices too, most people were not able to actually preorder this as they "sold" them to their "friends" in China to flip for much more. They realized they were going to lose money on them at their retail price and decided not to sell many to real people. Collectors then think the value is much more as all they see are super high prices being asked by the China sellers. It's just a shill game, and unfortunately it worked.
Hahaha, that's just your wild theory, my friend. The same wild theory can be applied to QS WW bust and many other high priced collectible pieces as well..
But do you have any solid proof about that?

In reality, it's very simple:
The way I see it is, the IS bust turns out to be great, people now can see and compare both products in person, and many prefer the IS bust, so logically the price went up. As simple as that.

And now the IS bust is sold for thousands of dollars more than the QS one, so the value is higher.
In the end, people/buyer will decide if the piece worth the thousands of dollars they spent for it.. they, especially those longtime hi-end collectors are not foolish people who will spend a lot for something that is not worth it.. and seeing how high the price of the IS bust being sold now, we can assume that those collectors knows exactly how good and worthy the piece is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'd agree, the numbers back up your claim.
Yep, talkin by facts, not just based on a wild theory.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:35 AM   #788
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

It's not a "wild theory" and no it would not apply to those other situations. Go back to posts when they were put up for preorder and read about the shady things that went on. It's clear as day what happened. It was confirmed by an industry insider I know months later(not going to say who, but you would know them). You can stay ignorant if you want and believe the fairy tale if that makes you feel better. Seems lots of people doing that these days about almost everything it seems.

Until I see someone actually pay those prices I am not going to believe it. Between their early fake price manipulations and the fact that they possibly haven't even made all of the run yet at their new factory they just opened last year it's not a real comparison. Even so, price alone wouldn't be the only deciding factor anyway.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:56 AM   #789
lighterheaven

For me it's still just a wild theory. And "confirmed by an industry insider" is not a solid fact. Everyone can say that. I am in the industry myself.

The reality is, the IS bust sold for thousands more that the QS bust.
Like it or not, that is what happened. And people who has both busts, in here, and in other forums, said that they preferred the IS bust.
The IS value is higher because of that.

So we can just agree to disagree, and end our conversation here.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:00 PM   #790
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
It's not a "wild theory" and no it would not apply to those other situations. Go back to posts when they were put up for preorder and read about the shady things that went on. It's clear as day what happened. It was confirmed by an industry insider I know months later(not going to say who, but you would know them). You can stay ignorant if you want and believe the fairy tale if that makes you feel better. Seems lots of people doing that these days about almost everything it seems.

Until I see someone actually pay those prices I am not going to believe it. Between their early fake price manipulations and the fact that they possibly haven't even made all of the run yet at their new factory they just opened last year it's not a real comparison. Even so, price alone wouldn't be the only deciding factor anyway.
Unfortunately, heresay isn't facts, and we can only go by the data we have right now.

I don't have any horse in this race, so I really could care less, but the giant gap in pricing comes from somewhere. It's up to you if you want to believe the value is lower, that's perfectly fine, but it IS the data we have available and the only thing we can really go by.