Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #781
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's probably because a lot of people here, expect her to be this Americanized of a Japanese woman (similar to Jim Lee's version). Yet, her features, throughout different comics and artists, have varied greatly from being more "Americanized" Asian to full Asian features.

Personally, it really doesn't matter to me, as long as she looks good. I think the improvements are a big plus and I'm glad I never cancelled my EX.

We heard this same drama from people when they debuted the Psylocke comiquette, and the same people complained that she was "too Asian."
Thanks for the explanation.

Regardless of what happened with Rogue which I own too, I didn't cancel my Psylocke EX either.

I thought the Psylocke comiquette was pretty and I'll probably get it in near future. Not the exclusive though because I can do without the print.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #782
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

New head looks more like a Japanese woman now. I like it.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #783
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Thanks for the explanation.

Regardless of what happened with Rogue which I own too, I didn't cancel my Psylocke EX either.

I thought the Psylocke comiquette was pretty and I'll probably get it in near future. Not the exclusive though because I can do without the print.
Agreed. I'm excited to get her, hopefully in a few short weeks.

I owned the Psylocke comiquette, and she was gorgeous. I only decided to sell her because I sold off most of my female comiquettes, to concentrate on PFs (I just kept a select few comis).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #784
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomPaintWork View Post
this kinda reminds me of how everyone thought the Sue Storm comiquette looked like a transvestite, and it actually turned out to be the best looking female sculpt to date.

go right ahead and cancel your pre-orders because "it looks too asian".. the sad thing is you actually believe she is suppose to look caucasian, when the character is of Japanese descent.
Actually she's not. Originally, She's British as can be. She's Captain Britain's sister, was Captain Britain at one stage. Is as british as can be, but during the "Acts of vengeance" storyline, Psylocke took over the body of the head of the Hand, taking the name Lady Mandarin
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #785
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
New head looks more like a Japanese woman now. I like it.
exatly. I don't understand what all the complaints are about
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #786
dafunguy
Doh!

The timing doesn’t add up, as this statue should really be in our hands right about now. Why are we getting a new photo shoot so late? Here’s my conspiracy theory: The statues were coming in, so Sideshow sends out the 21-day notice. They received the first batch of statues and noticed the portraits were different than the prototype. They say “Oh crap, if we send these out to customers, they are going to freak out again!” They decide to delay shipment to customers (using Chinese New Year as an excuse), while they come up with a plan. Someone comes up with the idea of doing a new photo shoot of the statue, and then say the new portraits are improvements! That way, the customers won’t go crazy again, sideshow will look good for making “improvements” and they will also save money by not going through the whole portrait replacement process agian. Brilliant!
dafunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #787
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunguy View Post
The timing doesn’t add up, as this statue should really be in our hands right about now. Why are we getting a new photo shoot so late? Here’s my conspiracy theory: The statues were coming in, so Sideshow sends out the 21-day notice. They received the first batch of statues and noticed the portraits were different than the prototype. They say “Oh crap, if we send these out to customers, they are going to freak out again!” They decide to delay shipment to customers (using Chinese New Year as an excuse), while they come up with a plan. Someone comes up with the idea of doing a new photo shoot of the statue, and then say the new portraits are improvements! That way, the customers won’t go crazy again, sideshow will look good for making “improvements” and they will also save money by not going through the whole portrait replacement process agian. Brilliant!
Unfortunately, your conspiracy theory really doesn't work in this situation.

They showed us the new redesigned regular head last summer at SDCC in July of 2011.

The sculptor who re-scuplted both heads, has had many photos of the new scuplts on deviantart for quite some time.

So, while I get it's strange they just updated the Sideshow website, most people have known about this for quite some time.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #788
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunguy View Post
Here is my take...upset collectors make up wild and ridiculous theory (some even involving Mickey mouse) when in fact it has been known for months that the head sculpts were going to be changed.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #789
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

yeah , most people bash something causing other to cancel their ex orders so it comes in stock again so that they themselves can order it( hint, jessica pF :P)
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #790
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This thread is in serious need of some....

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote