Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

View Poll Results: Which version of Rogue is better?
1st version (sentinel head as base) 29 46.77%
2nd version (sentinel hand as base) 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #71
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully View Post
I beg to disagree with you saying this poll doesnt do it any favors. If you notice on the main rogue thread, most of the comments there dont like the new sculpt. Reason why it made me create this thread because i was so puzzled for the lack of love on the new version. The fans that like the first one and criticize the new one are the most vocal. As you can see, based on the results so far, it not only proves that there are equal amounts who like the 2nd version but almost everyone despite liking the first one better WILL still buy the 2nd version. So my take on this is this thread did rogue v2 a favor and proves to be a sure winner!

Oh by the way, whoever will say they wont buy rogue because they prefer the 1st one? I'm willing to bet $$ i will find rogue displayed in your collection! Lol
No offense meant, Scully. I know your intentions are solid, and it is good to see an even split. I just think moving on from the original while still inviting the comparison works against itself. But we did see more love shown here so... shows what little I know!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #72
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
I completely agree with your view, Gomur. I still remember when the first proto was promoted and all the whining, complaining and the unfair comparisons with other pieces. The poor response and the lack of pre-orders sinked that boat even before it had a chance to sail. Now, we need to walk past it and move on. In my opinion this new version is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is closer to perfection than the fist one ever was.

One thing is certain, there will never be a definitive version of any character. Many will come and go. You enjoy each one for what they are and live with your choices. I am very glad that this will be produced. I love the refinements made by Erick and I can see his progress as an artist. I can only dream on the types of sculpts we'll get to see from him in the years to come. The skills of a trained artist as Sosa only get better and better like the good wine. He is extremely talented and receptive with his fans, so I don't have to worry about getting my expectations met.
Well said, JP. I remember those criticisms leveled against the original Rogue. The hair. The belt (even then). And yes Erick has definitely grown as a sculptor. It was subtle with Brown Wolvie 2.0 but you see it clearly with Rogue. Bring on the preorders I say!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #73
Skully
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
No offense meant, Scully. I know your intentions are solid, and it is good to see an even split. I just think moving on from the original while still inviting the comparison works against itself. But we did see more love shown here so... shows what little I know!
no offense taken gomr.

This is how I look at it. The poor response for Rogue v1 are voices of people not pleased with it. Could it have influenced other people? Maybe, but was it the cause of the poor pre-order leading to the cancellation? I think not. It all boils down to the poor sales figure and I highly doubt the bashing had any effect on this.
People have the right to express what they feel. Each person have different opinions, for some it might be ridiculous but to others, they might agree with it. To me it’s interesting to see other people's views. As long as there are no name calling or insulting then I am ok with it. It’s a healthy debate between passionate or casual fans.
Like I stated before, I wasn’t around for the 1st rogue. I however will state that I am actually happy that the fans have voiced out about their disappointment leading to the cancellation because it brought us Rogue v2. I don’t think it’s bad to voice out but for other fans blaming other fans for voicing out their disappointment, that is not fair. They shouldn’t be silenced just because they have different views and fans should not force products they like to other fans who do not. Good thing is that there are fans of these products and Kotobukiya sees that. They hear us. The campaign to bring back Rogue is an example. Hopefully, up next is Sabretooth.

PS. this is just MY opinion.
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #74
Butttornado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Up next should be jubilee

We need to ----- more to get it lol

Quote:
no offense taken gomr.

This is how I look at it. The poor response for Rogue v1 are voices of people not pleased with it. Could it have influenced other people? Maybe, but was it the cause of the poor pre-order leading to the cancellation? I think not. It all boils down to the poor sales figure and I highly doubt the bashing had any effect on this.
People have the right to express what they feel. Each person have different opinions, for some it might be ridiculous but to others, they might agree with it. To me it’s interesting to see other people's views. As long as there are no name calling or insulting then I am ok with it. It’s a healthy debate between passionate or casual fans.
Like I stated before, I wasn’t around for the 1st rogue. I however will state that I am actually happy that the fans have voiced out about their disappointment leading to the cancellation because it brought us Rogue v2. I don’t think it’s bad to voice out but for other fans blaming other fans for voicing out their disappointment, that is not fair. They shouldn’t be silenced just because they have different views and fans should not force products they like to other fans who do not. Good thing is that there are fans of these products and Kotobukiya sees that. They hear us. The campaign to bring back Rogue is an example. Hopefully, up next is Sabretooth.

Butttornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #75
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butttornado View Post

I'll freak if Jubilee is done. Been waiting for one from Bowen but now the wait will be longer.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #76
Skully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butttornado View Post

i don't mind me some jubilee! lol she must have her long (not short like bishoujo) trench coat though to be comic accurate. haha

on a side note, wouldn't it be awesome if we get a 2nd head lol
Click image for larger version

Name:	jubilee.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	86918
Old 10-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #77
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
i don't mind me some jubilee! lol she must have her long (not short like bishoujo) trench coat though to be comic accurate. haha

on a side note, wouldn't it be awesome if we get a 2nd head lol
Attachment 86918
Old 10-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #78
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
no offense taken gomr.

And yours is a valid opinion, Skully. I agree that the number one reason for Rogue's cancellation (the first time) was sales. I don't think the fanbase was large enough and Koto was still getting its name out there. Honestly, if I hadn't visited a Comic Con I wouldn't have known it existed. Could bashing a statue in a forum or two influenced pre-order numbers? Less likely in today's market. Back then it's very possible given the smaller consumer base. Hindsight is 20/20 and knowing we got Rogue in the end is fulfilling, but it was by no means guaranteed (we did it peeps!). And between waiting 4+ years for the new statue or getting the original and having different characters today? That's another coin flip.

I will echo the fact that Koto listens to its fans is something to celebrate. And as much as the nitpicking grates on me at times, I think the Fine Art fans carry themselves well 90% of the time between bashing and constructive feedback.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #79
qz33
Graviton

I think people need to be a bit more fearless about these forums. First and foremost this is a place to discuss statues and express opinions not fret with hand wringing about not getting something made because a company employee might come by and could maybe, in a way, from a certain point of view, construe a lack of interest or appreciation for a product.
Never going to shy away from saying what's in my heart especially on the internet.

The first statue has a nice pose but painted looks a bit off. The second's sculpt looks better as she needed a smaller waist to match Mr. Lee's usual depiction but I am missing the cocked belt. Even painted the second still looks better but still doesn't do justice to the raw sculpt and the pose is more conservative unfortunately.

Buying Rogue statue and appreciative regardless.

And jpsarri, I think the chests on both are fine but man if you don't think those pics you posted of Rogue are biggins what do they feed the girls where you come from?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #80
Skully

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think people need to be a bit more fearless about these forums. First and foremost this is a place to discuss statues and express opinions not fret with hand wringing about not getting something made because a company employee might come by and could maybe, in a way, from a certain point of view, construe a lack of interest or appreciation for a product.
Never going to shy away from saying what's in my heart especially on the internet.

The first statue has a nice pose but painted looks a bit off. The second's sculpt looks better as she needed a smaller waist to match Mr. Lee's usual depiction but I am missing the cocked belt. Even painted the second still looks better but still doesn't do justice to the raw sculpt and the pose is more conservative unfortunately.

Buying Rogue statue and appreciative regardless.

And jpsarri, I think the chests on both are fine but man if you don't think those pics you posted of Rogue are biggins what do they feed the girls where you come from?
i agree specially the last comment regarding boobies. lol