Old 02-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #71
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Great Sathis!!! can't wait!
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 AM   #72
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Darkness & Damnation : The Cleric Statue Review:

Sculpt: 9/10 This part is easy, sculpt on the cleric himself is AWESOME! Tons of detail, and wonderfully sculpted extras. Severed head is very detailed, and you really get the feeling it was a brutal battle from all the damage inflicted to each face. The mace is simple, but effective and gives him that ready for any challenge look. The EX hand wins it for me on this one, as I just love the look of him with his defeated opponent with the bloodied axe over his shoulder fresh from the head autopsy. The only reason I took a point off is that the base for me is just very uninspired. I feel like it could have used something else besides just looking like a moon rock. Simple details, or some sort of added carnage really would have made this part a 10/10!

Paints: 8/10 I'm being a little critical here as I feel like the paint could have used a little more. The part that bothers me the most is honestly the base again. It is so simple paint wise that it looks like a rock covered in mud, and it lacks any sort of shading to bring out the depth, and detail. Cleric himself is VERY well painted, I could not find any faults with the paint on him. The lines are crisp, and details are perfectly painted. The only thing here that really would have put it over the top again would be a little more shading in the details. The metal, and leather are just very flat looking, but the sculpt shows a lot of depth which could have used some washes to show some dark with the light parts to make the armor/leather POP. The EX head could have used a slightly darker blood to go along with the light one used. It is hard to see at time, and you need to get really close to see the red.

Portrait: 9.5/10 This part is VERY well done, the face is painted with a lot of care. The shading on the leather below his mask is perfect, and really makes it realistic. The helmet is wonderful with a lot of depth from added shading/tones to make the edges pop.

Dimensions/Weight 9/10 The cleric himself has a great weight to him, he does not feel cheap at all. The only thing that takes a hit here again is the base, because it is extremely light.

The last thing I want to make note of before pictures is the way the switch outs were handled. It uses a small peg that is camouflaged as a spike on his bracer shield. This is a VERY strong way to hang the extra hands, but it can be difficult to get out of the socket it is in once you have a hand attached. It is smooth so it is hard to grip sometimes, and you have to use your nails to really grab hold to pull it out. I just wanted to put this information so when people start to get it they do not panic when trying to switch out the hands. Do not try to rush it, just take your time and pull on it gentle when you have a good grip.

Score: 9/10 This statue is a winner in my book! Very Big, Solid, and painted VERY well besides the few minor issues I have personally. You should be very proud of this one Alterton, and crew! I look forward to the next 1/4 character from this awesome world!

I apologize that pictures are not included, but the last thing I want to do is include horrible pictures! I will be working on decent ones when I get the time, since I do not want to rush them just to post some.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #73
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Sathis!! Thanks for taking the time to do such a great review. I am glad you liked him!!! Awesome!!!
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #74
dao2
Cyclops

Nice review, can't wait to see pics
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #75
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Cool review Sathis! Hope somebody gets some pics up.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #76
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Mines finally on route. Hopefully will have him Wednesday this week if HCG did what i asked.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:04 AM   #77
Weedo10
Hellboy

Need pics!
Weedo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #78
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I apologize for no pictures all! I do not want to take crap pictures, and make this thing look terrible when it is NOT!

I have purchased a light box studio this weekend, and I plan to work on my photography a bit when it comes in!

I want to do these statues justice when I show them off. hopefully when a few more people who are used to taking good photographs. This piece is very awesome, and the EX adds a LOT to it.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #79
dao2
Cyclops

someone post pics please
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #80
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I asked HCG to mark mine down for customs and they agreed a while back but i don't think they have done it as mine is now awaiting customs clearence.

If it clears tonight with no charges i'll have pics up on Wednesday.

If i get charged it'll probably be another week - 2 weeks
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote