Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #71
Y3E
Gen 13

Erick, I know this is about DC 1/4s but you listed some SF characters, will there be a 1/4 Cammy? Thanks.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #72
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey Erick,

So which Batman is that -- 1/4 JLA or one of the Shadow of the Bat versions? Also you mentioned that several of these were in the process of approval/printing. How long before we see some of the others? Are the 1/6 going to be action posed? Highlighted are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

DC Comics:
Black Adam 1/6th
Green lantern 1/6th
Batman 1/6th
Harley Quinn 1/6th
Flash 1/6th
Wonderwoman 1/6th
Bane 1/6th
Red Hood 1/6th
Green Arrow 1/6th
Cyborg 1/6th
Doomsday 1/6th
Captain marvel with young Batson transforming into Cap!
??? Superman 1/6 ???
??? Supergirl 1/6 ???

1/4th JLA, YES 1/4th
Superman
Batman
Wonderwoman
Aquaman
Flash

Captain Marvel
Cyborg

1/4th Baddies
Doomsday
Luthor Armor
Brainiac
Solomon Grundy
Joker
Lobo

PS: are you going to start calling yourself "Starlord"?
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #73
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Some of the pointy ends of the cape aren't as pointy as the others. Lol. I know it's a little bit nit-picking but this is going to be in 1/4th scale so it'll be noticeable.

Also, the flow of the cape at the very bottom looks unnatural to me.

No problem, man. I understand what you're saying.
Lol.... You would not believe how many people who draw think "draw better" is actual constructive criticism...lol
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #74
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Hi guys,
Sorry been crazy here and my neck is injured from too many hours of work and zero videogame breaks.
Batman is rough and the cape is a placeholder, we are making a very natural looking cape in terms of folds and flow.
Also our license allows us to do only museum type poses.
I am sure we can do the captain Morgan thing but bases will have to be kept at their most basic as that would step into SS's territory.
The 1/5th line is cancelled and the 1/4th is taking even more
precedence than the 1/6th, the reality is you guys don't buy these as much hahah. Most people have this 1/4th fever and we are eager to oblige but please know we have our limitations.
From this point forward if you really want to buy these you need to pay a small non refundable deposit, period.
We can go as far as 200 units I think, but that will never happen, because there's simply not enough demand for an unfinished unassembled product.
I'll be happy if I can move 30 and that's the reality.

We will see where this takes me as I am traversing unfamiliar territory but hopefully we will get enough support to allow us to keep moving these.

As for international buyers the fact is we cannot sell to you guys directly, but we also know we cannot keep anyone from biting multiples and reselling these, so long as the buyer is here in the USA and he/she buys directly through our website. So yes the reality is people can get these shipped to any part of the world just not directly through us.

If you see it this way it makes perfect sense to contact say a painter like Vince in good standing and ask him to place an order for you.
Again I will not limit the purchasing of multiples, that would be akin to business suicide. If a painter wants to buy all 200 by all means go ahead, if someone really wants these they will buy them.

Truth is people keep saying they will buy but ultimately when the time comes to buying the product remains in a corner catching dust, not their fault it is just the unfinished nature of the product, or a bad design/sculpt.
I can't have that happen with these 1/4th statues. My investment is much larger and my commitment greater.

What would you guys think would be a fair depsoit to request from those truly committed to buying these? And can I legally hold on to said deposit while I have Ownage print and cast/package my stuff in say 8-10 weeks? Anyway please voice your opinions, they mean a lot to me.

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 12-11-2014 at 03:26 AM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:29 AM   #75
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Erick, I know this is about DC 1/4s but you listed some SF characters, will there be a 1/4 Cammy? Thanks.
Yessir..er.. Ma 'am? (Sorry) she will happen and any other character so long as I can get at least 30 deposits.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:33 AM   #76
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Hey Erick,

So which Batman is that -- 1/4 JLA or one of the Shadow of the Bat versions? Also you mentioned that several of these were in the process of approval/printing. How long before we see some of the others? Are the 1/6 going to be action posed? Highlighted are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

DC Comics:
Black Adam 1/6th
Green lantern 1/6th
Batman 1/6th
Harley Quinn 1/6th
Flash 1/6th
Wonderwoman 1/6th
Bane 1/6th
Red Hood 1/6th
Green Arrow 1/6th
Cyborg 1/6th
Doomsday 1/6th
Captain marvel with young Batson transforming into Cap!
??? Superman 1/6 ???
??? Supergirl 1/6 ???

1/4th JLA, YES 1/4th
Superman
Batman
Wonderwoman
Aquaman
Flash

Captain Marvel
Cyborg

1/4th Baddies
Doomsday
Luthor Armor
Brainiac
Solomon Grundy
Joker
Lobo

PS: are you going to start calling yourself "Starlord"?
This is basically my take on the JLA, I mean how many times do you get to do your own take on DC? I mean I'd love to add more details but I don't know if that will fly, plus I want them to be reminiscent of the old Superpowers action figures we used to play with as kids.
I would love to do the 1/6th line action posed but again there's so much work involved, for example Nightwing has not reached 50 orders and don't even ask about Adam. So yes whatever happens with these lines depends on the fans not me really
Old 12-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #77
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
What would you guys think would be a fair depsoit to request from those truly committed to buying these? And can I legally hold on to said deposit while I have Ownage print and cast/package my stuff in say 8-10 weeks? Anyway please voice your opinions, they mean a lot to me.
I'm sure people who really wanna secure one will gladly pay a $100 deposit for a 1/4 kit.

That would be about 25% of the asking price so sounds fair to me.

Also, I know for a fact that Ownage kits are absolutely flawless, all you have to do is pin, glue and you're ready to go.
They will be well worth the money imo

I'll clone myself and get all 200 Batmans
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #78
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

i think a deposit of $100 is fair if it can be lower even better and im sure these dont appeal to everyone since they require assembly and paint separately but i can honestly say i will definitely buy multiples when the time comes... i know several people (close friends and family) that will buy them once painted and assembled for a reasonable price so i plan on getting several

im all for the support and i hope prototype z can keep this alive for as long as possible .. i think theyll be a hit in 1/4 scale
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #79
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I don't know. A 75 dollar deposit sounds better to me. I know I've been holding back on the 1/6th scale kits factoring that I live half a world away, but I will not miss the chance on getting these 1/4th scale PURE POLYSTONE kits. I have friends in the US who could buy for me and I assure you that I'll be getting that Batman.

The only reason why I don't buy PFs are because they are mixed media. If the only way I could get these DC characters to be in pure polystone like a comiquette is through a kit, then so be it.

I love that you decided to go with museum pose btw, Erick! Your batman looks awesome at its current state. Thanks for the update on this.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #80
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I really really really, from the bottom of my heart, wish you success on these 1/4th scale stuff, Erick (DC and Street Fighter). I hope they sell well, not only for the sake of your company, but also for us, the fans, so that we could complete the entire lineup.

400-500 dollars sounds a lot for an unpainted and unassembled statue but I think of these PrototypeZ kits, not as statues to collect but as materials used to create and inspire art. If you compare these to Sideshow's premium format, then you'd be discouraged to buy these because of the price. But as an aspiring painter (for statues), I think of these kits as the canvas.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote