Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #71
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

I saw this at the Con and really really liked it. I'll get it cheaper somewhere else though.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #72
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
I think the point of the pose is to signify THE cross in a clever interpretation of the Knights Templar, who fought FOR the cross.
I think so too. Cool, but in a sense I do find it a little offensive of the portrayal of a rotting carcass. Just trying not to over-think things.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #73
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I love Patient Zero but I think the past two Dead releases were just "meh" to say the least...

Dying Carcass was way over the top to me. I can't display that thing at home with little kids running around, and Templar was a odd choice in my opinion.

They are great looking pieces but I don't think it is well received by most collectors. Carcass was released about a year ago and still available. I'm afraid the same will happen to Templar.

when Sideshow start to releases pieces based on the 12 inch figures (as I think they will do very soon) then I believe they will start to sell like hot cakes, specially if the ES is low like PZ

Cheers

Bear
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #74
skubasteve
Fantastic Four

At that bloated price they must be trying to make up for the lackluster Undying Carcass sales. I was as excited as the next person for this statue but the price tag has made me re-think whether I'll be sticking with this line or not. I just don't see how this is worth spending $65 more than I did on UC & PZ. I don't get it.
skubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #75
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubasteve View Post
At that bloated price they must be trying to make up for the lackluster Undying Carcass sales. I was as excited as the next person for this statue but the price tag has made me re-think whether I'll be sticking with this line or not. I just don't see how this is worth spending $65 more than I did on UC & PZ. I don't get it.
Me neither. We don't even know the ES on this. I'll be waiting for a while before I order. And then something else will come along so I probably won't order it at all.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #76
Jeremy K9
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I've never been too into this piece, personally. I think it looks cool and all, but I'm more into modern day zombies, if that makes sense. It almost looks like a scarecrow, imho .
Jeremy K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #77
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy K9 View Post
I've never been too into this piece, personally. I think it looks cool and all, but I'm more into modern day zombies, if that makes sense. It almost looks like a scarecrow, imho .
Same here. I want modern zombies like PZ.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #78
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Same here. I want modern zombies like PZ.
I agree . . . give us a PF along the same lines as some of the 12 inch characters.

If I do get this piece one day, it will most likely be if I stumble accross it at the LCS and feel like treating myself to something special . . . . that or a facial
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #79
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I agree . . . give us a PF along the same lines as some of the 12 inch characters.

If I do get this piece one day, it will most likely be if I stumble accross it at the LCS and feel like treating myself to something special . . . . that or a facial
Agreed. They've done some great 12" but I prefer the heft of a detailed PF.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #80
mikman42
Nightwing

I'm really tempted but like the forum members have mentioned ,no rush the Ex should be around for a-while
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote