Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #71
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
As a long time GG collector I'm no fan of the lottery system but must admit in this instance, for the exact reasons Rogue01 so clearly laid out, it is the best option.

Something to consider is this variant doesn't even need to be offered outside Japan in the first place. The fact that GG held back 1/5th of the ES for a PGM lottery is pretty cool if you ask me.

In regards to those that paid for a PG Membership JUST to have the option to order this, all I can say is, sorry, but that wasn't a smart move. A benefit of the membership is having the "opportunity" to order variants and exclusives like this but that doesn't come with a guarantee you'll get one. If you REALLY wanted this piece you should have ordered from a Japanese dealer.

Oh and anyone crying about not getting a second one should check themselves. A lot of collectors didn't even get one so quit acting so selfish and drop the sense of entitlement will ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
According to Rogue01. At least 20,000 members(unknown number of PGM, but let's just assume it's all of them).
Oh, it's in the bag then!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #72
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Look if GG wants to do these lottery system, they need to get rid of it only being a PGM. Why on earth would someone pay $60 just to get a "chance" to maybe get Babydoll? IMO it's ludicrus. This should be open to everyone who signed up for the basic membership which is "free"!
Collectors join the Premier Guild because they want multiple benefits. Discounts, a gift bust, and the ability to pre-order pieces like our Comic Con exclusives before the show, or have a chance at the really high demand exclusives like Babydoll. Opening this piece up to everyone, PGM or not, undermines one of the main benefits of the PG Membership.

Also, I'd like to point out that this isn't the only way this statue is available. Yes, it would be expensive, but I'm sure a dedicated statue collector could find a way to purchase one of the remaining 400 statues directly from a distributor, retailer or e-tailer in Japan.
Rogue01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #73
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
According to Rogue01. At least 20,000 members(unknown number of PGM, but let's just assume it's all of them).
Assuming those are all PGM you have 0.005 % chance of getting one. Those are great odds? Yah lottery is the best way to go?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #74
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I actually think the PGM price is fine. You get a bust and a % off of your GG statue orders.
Yes. The PGM is in essence a membership that pays for itself because you get a choice of some pretty cool busts, a 30% off one-time coupon code for in-stock items, priority ordering, discounts, etc. I don't think there is any other company that offers something close to this.
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #75
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I actually think the PGM price is fine. You get a bust and a % off of your GG statue orders.
I've never been a fan of yearly membership fees. I don't want a bust. A percentage off is fine if they release something I want. This Ex Baby Doll is a perfect example of why the premium fee for membership is a bad idea. 100 statues, 20,000 members, and a lucky lottery? Really? Those are bad odds for someone that wants this statue. I wish I knew earlier about this. I saw the digital sculpt and assumed that was the version that was going to be produced. I never thought they would holster the gun for U.S and release a variant in Japan. I hope a Japanese company does a Baby Doll statue next. She should be in a more action like pose anyway...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #76
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'm okay with the lottery system. No matter what GG does, people are going to be pissed off. This gives all the PGM member that want one an equal shot at it.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #77
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Do you think the PGM (if someone signs up today) should be at full value when it would only be valid till the end of the year? I personally think you should get 12 month not 4 months worth. It's practically ripping people off don't you thin? At least reduced the PGM fees!

I would like GG to explain this because as of now, its not cool!
Why shouldn't it be full value? You still get a Mini Bust worth the price of the PGM. Don't want the bust? Flip it to re-coup the cost. Most of these busts sell well above retail anyway so you might even make a few bucks.

Just because you didn't sign up when the new PGM rolled out doesn't mean you're entitled to 12 months of a membership from your sign up date. It isn't ripping people off, thats just how the PGM is designed, if you don't like it don't buy it. Its still better than any other pay membership I've seen.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #78
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Oh, it's in the bag then!
Just like that!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #79
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I've never been a fan of yearly membership fees. I don't want a bust. A percentage off is fine if they release something I want. This Ex Baby Doll is a perfect example of why the premium fee for membership is a bad idea. 100 statues, 20,000 members, and a lucky lottery? Really? Those are bad odds for someone that wants this statue. I wish I knew earlier about this. I saw the digital sculpt and assumed that was the version that was going to be produced. I never thought they would holster the gun for U.S and release a variant in Japan. I hope a Japanese company does a Baby Doll statue next. She should be in a more action like pose anyway...
Rogue01 said there were 20,000 people on their mailing list, not 20,000 PGM members.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #80
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Just like that!
This girl will be an awesome sportbike rider in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Rogue01 said there were 20,000 people on their mailing list, not 20,000 PGM members.
Oh, well that changes things. We still don't have an idea of the number of members though. Still, money saved. There were a good number of Japanese retailers I could have used if I knew about this before hand.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote